Guys I'm worried about app st

Heh, Joe, I confess: I worry about all of them. Even the "no way we can lose" games, I worry about them, too, in their turn.

Right now, I'm most worried about Va Tech (though I know in my head it shouldn't be anything like a close game) and Florida.

But yeah, I worry about them all, especially the night before. So I get it. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Heh, Joe, I confess: I worry about all of them. Even the "no way we can lose" games, I worry about them, too, in their turn.

Right now, I'm most worried about Va Tech (though I know in my head it shouldn't be anything like a close game) and Florida.

It shouldn't be close, but........

I'm right there with you. The ball bounces funny ways sometimes. Pride comes before the fall. So on and so forth.

I'm worried about App state too. They have prob never done anything to deserve the beating they will receive at Neyland. Prob some good folks thats gona get earwholed on their team. I'm very worried about App state but I'm not worried about the Vols any.

Dey got dis!

I'm worried that I might not get to go to the game since they moved it to Thursday.Got 2 schools I pull for Tennessee and App St. and Freak don't even have a App St logo to use under the sunbelt teams.

Went to Boone to visit my friend in June. Beautiful place. I got to work out in their athletic weight room cause he's on the track team, see some of the football players. They even gave me free snacks. But they're about to get rekt.

I'm right there with you. The ball bounces funny ways sometimes. Pride comes before the fall. So on and so forth.

Very true and that's how upsets happen....but it's typically when teams aren't that far apart or when the better team looks past a "decent" team with fight or maybe real beat up from previous slug fests.

Our VOLS cannot look past anyone, and no one should. Hang as much as you can early and then continue to press w/ the second/third team to get those guys in game reps midway the 3rd Qtr through the end of the game.

Went to Boone to visit my friend in June. Beautiful place. I got to work out in their athletic weight room cause he's on the track team, see some of the football players. They even gave me free snacks. But they're about to get rekt.

Great place. Spent a couple of months in Blowing Rock and it just happen to be when they beat Michigan.
Maybe that was the cause but talk about some friendly people.

Oh and Joe, you realize some of these people are taking you very seriously.
See what you did!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I mean they beat Michigan one time, and they're fighters.

*it's 34 days till football, and someone would've started this thread. I've never done a meltdown thread, so I jumped on the opportunity.

RELAX.....

That was fluke and none of the players are still on the team. This will be a BEATDOWN

Great place. Spent a couple of months in Blowing Rock and it just happen to be when they beat Michigan.

See what you did!!!!

Joe's our resident trouble maker.

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed that game in the Big House ... nearly 9 years ago. There's nothing quite like watching 107000+ Michigan fans get really, really quiet. As we walked the mile and a half or so back to the car, there must have been a dozen or so Michigan fans ask me, "Where is Appalachian State anyway?"

That said, there's no way (at least on paper) that App comes anywhere close to UT. Yes, we've moved from FCS to FBS. Yes, we do have a good G5 team. Yes, Satterfield is a very good coach. Yes, we're going to be even better as the years go by.

But ... we're not Tennessee ... period.

Could App win? Sure. That's the whole reason they play these games. Is it likely App will win? Not really.

I'm just glad my boss is closing the office early that Thursday so we can all make it to the game in Knoxville. See you in 34 days!

Reactions: 7 people
We can ill afford to overlook anyone, and I highly doubt we will. The first game at home on Thursday Night, I expect total focus on each game. App St is no pushover, but they aren't on the same talent level either. The won't catch the Vols napping, I expect it will be a long 2nd half for the Appy St. This is our year!!!! GO BIG ORANGE!!!

See what you did!!!!

Shhhh

VN Store

Back