Butch Jones: Tennessee Spring Game In Jeopardy

Coug

Butch: "The spring game may have to be a spring practice" due to all the absences.

Butch says he'd like to take Tennessee's spring practices on the road in the future. Asked where, he pauses and says a tour of the state.

Butch Jones: Tennessee spring game in jeopardy

“The Spring game may end up being a spring practice. We may have to call it an orange and white festival or something just because of a lack of running backs and defensive linemen.”

Jalen Reeves-Maybin out for the rest spring practice - The Daily Beacon: Sports

Reactions: 1 person
Butch: "The spring game may have to be a spring practice" due to all the absences.

Butch says he'd like to take Tennessee's spring practices on the road in the future. Asked where, he pauses and says a tour of the state.

Butch Jones: Tennessee spring game in jeopardy

“The Spring game may end up being a spring practice. We may have to call it an orange and white festival or something just because of a lack of running backs and defensive linemen.”

Jalen Reeves-Maybin out for the rest spring practice - The Daily Beacon: Sports

How did we go from competing for titles to so little depth they actually cancel it?

Reactions: 6 people
How did we go from competing for titles to so little depth they actually cancel it?

There's plenty of depth to have an actual game. I think Butch just views the risk/reward of a spring game as being not worth it. Especially prior to such an important season.

There's enough hype for team 120 that people will show up just to see them practice and run a few drills.

Reactions: 5 people

It's not about lack of depth. Too many guys recovering from offseason surgeries and precautionary approach for other guys is causing the lack of guys for spring game

Whenever CBJ can make an excuse for something then you better believe he will do it......I mean there are about 14 - 16 players out due to injury but you still have over 60 players out there that you can build from for a spring game................I can hear him now if he loses next season by saying, we were not able to get certain players up to speed in the new system due to injuries waaaaay back in the spring.....

Reactions: 9 people
Whenever CBJ can make an excuse for something then you better believe he will do it......I mean there are about 14 - 16 players out due to injury but you still have over 60 players out there that you can build from for a spring game................I can hear him now if he loses next season by saying, we were not able to get certain players up to speed in the new system due to injuries waaaaay back in the spring.....

Dude... would you just shut the eff up?

People like you over-react to the smallest things. If Coach Jones doesn't want to have a traditional spring game then more power to him. I'd rather he make the possible smart move of keeping a player from getting injured than a dumb move to appease fans like you.

Reactions: 50 people
What is the big deal, it is just a team scrimmage at best!

Hopefully it will be a beautiful day to tailgate and watch some football and see some of the new guys get some reps with a crowd watching!

Its all GOOD BA-BY!! :rock::rock:

Reactions: 4 people

Mods can you guys explore the idea of adding a "dislike" button for posts such as these? TIA

Reactions: 24 people
There's plenty of depth to have an actual game. I think Butch just views the risk/reward of a spring game as being not worth it. Especially prior to such an important season.

There's enough hype for team 120 that people will show up just to see them practice and run a few drills.

How many people would make a 2 or 3 hour drive just watch a few drills? I'll be watching on SECN if they stick with Butch's plan

Reactions: 3 people
5 wide and two dlinemen every snap. Make it happen, coach.

How many people would make a 2 or 3 hour drive just watch a few drills? I'll be watching on SECN if they stick with Butch's plan

True unconditional fans...fans like us would come out and support our team no matter what the spring game format might be! But you sit at home in the comfortable confines of your home..and continue to tell the world what a huge fan you've "always" been...especially if we have a special season!

Reactions: 2 people
It won't be cancelled, at most the format might be changed up is all.

For what it's worth, if that is what they end up doing I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Florida had a similar situation last year...lack of sufficient OL to field two teams...seems to me that they managed alright once the season started.

True unconditional fans...fans like us would come out and support our team no matter what the spring game format might be! But you sit at home in the comfortable confines of your home..and continue to tell the world what a huge fan you've "always" been...especially if we have a special season!

I call BS all over.

I fail to see how your not a "true" fan if you wont drive 4 hours with gas at $1.89 and having a family to feed to just watch spring drills. I've spent $400+ on tix to go see a game and enjoy it, but telling other people they aint fans because they wont go watch a few drills is like saying you aint a fan because you didn't go to college there.. :hi:

Reactions: 12 people

Ahh yes, the old "I'm a better fan than you are" schtick. Not buying it.

Reactions: 8 people

There is a lot more going on for the Orange and White game than just the scrimmage itself, it's an event. There is tailgating, food, drinks, the meet and greet, for some it's their first visit to Neyland, for others it's their first time on the field. You go for the experience, the atmosphere, for the only football fix before the fall.

Reactions: 9 people

Damn. I didn't know attending the O/W game was an indicator of a true fan. I guess all those games I went to for the last 40 years meant nothing.

Reactions: 11 people

I would in a heartbeat!! If you are complaining about an 8 hour drive you might have an arguement. But 2 or 3 hours??

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back