The Official Tennessee Titans Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. I guess the Eagles had no leverage because he picked where he wanted to go, and they desperately wanted to get rid of him, but still...the Titans got him by agreeing to move down 13 spots in the 4th round? I'll take that all day.

Haha. I guess the Eagles had no leverage because he picked where he wanted to go, and they desperately wanted to get rid of him, but still...the Titans got him by agreeing to move down 13 spots in the 4th round? I'll take that all day.

Absolutely. It's a steal if he's not cancer.

Reactions: 1 person

Eagles really needed to dump his contract and he wasn't going to play another down in Philly. Either cut him and eat the cap penalty or get something for him and get rid of the cap penalty.

Absolutely. It's a steal if he's not cancer.
I dont put much stock in John McClain but yesterday on 104.5 he said that he knew of no issues in the locker room when he was with Dallas and that the negative issue he knew of was when he was with Philly and rode the plane home next to the Eagles owner after a loss. DM was upset and went off on everyone. Considering John is based in Houston and in the business of pro football I'm think the cancer thing is overblown. OTOH maybe John is wrong. Lord knows he's been wrong before

I remember hearing that one of the team's needs was also bettering the CB position, right?

Would anyone be against the Titans getting either Prince Amukamara or Sean Smith?

I remember hearing that one of the team's needs was also bettering the CB position, right?

Would anyone be against the Titans getting either Prince Amukamara or Sean Smith?

Raiders and Chiefs are in a bidding war with Smith right now. He is going to get massive money.

Titans signing Matt Cassell to compete with Mett for back-up. Meh.

Love the Ben Jones signing. Love the exchange of picks in the 4th with the lighter contract for Murray.

Robinson is wanting to start an upswing in the front office.

The thoughts about Mitchell Schwartz at OT are out. Chiefs signed him. Curious to see if they trade down or go with Tunsil. That's the last piece on the O-line left to address.

Houston got better = not the best news for the rest of the AFC South.

They have a great coach, but if they want to pay Osweiler $70 million, that's fine with me.

The Titans' fortunes depend on whether or not Mariota is a franchise QB much more than on whether Houston's QB is Hoyer or Osweiler.

DeMarco Murray contract details with the Titans. 2016: $6M base, fully guaranteed. Up to $1.5M in incentives. 2017:,$6.25M base, $3M fully guaranteed. 2018: $6.25 base, $3M fully guaranteed, $3.25M guaranteed for injury and becomes fully guaranteed on fifth day of league year. $250k roster bonus on fifth day of league year. Up to $1.5M in incentives. 2019: $6.5M base. $250k roster bonus on fifth day of league year. Up to $1.5M in incentives.

I'll say this is the most active I've seen the franchise in years. Actually getting names that fans have heard of. Good start, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back