Finished! Done!

Roustabout

Call it a knee jerk reaction, i don't care. I am done with UT athletics, and major college sports in general. I will no longer support UT financially, or by attending games, or cheering for my alma mater. As an alum, i am ashamed and embarrassed to be associated with this institution.

I received a pdf of the 87 page suit filed against UT based on the complaint of several plantiffs who are the alleged victims of sexual abuse by current and former UT athletes. I'm not sure if anyone has linked the suit on the forum, but it needs to be. I could not find a link, or i would have done so here. I'd be happy to email the copy i received to anyone who wants to read it. Teh excerpts in the media don't even come close to painting the picture. The lawsuit lays out a pattern of sexual misconduct by UT athletes, as well as a pattern or how the University responded towards those who brought forth these allegations. The allegations reveal, at worse, a complicity by UT to cover up and bury these cases, and at best, a dismissive attitude towards a long pattern of sexual misconduct.

If you haven't read the complaint, then i suggest you do so before you respond, comment, or rally around the University, or anyone in leadership. If only a portion of this information is accurate it is a horrific indictment on UT. And, we know for a fact, that the athletes named were in fact alleged to have committed these improprieties. The resignation of Tim Rogers, a 38 year employee who dealt with these cases, is perhaps the most condemning.

It is shameful what is going on over on the Hill. It happens everywhere? I don't give two ****s, and anyone who proposes that excuse is a piece of human excrement that doesn't deserve the time of day. The possibility that this is epidemic across college athletics doesn't excuse or minimize the horrific nature of what is occurring. This is bad. Probably worse than many here on this forum want to admit. It will undermine UT sports, and quite frankly i don't care. Shut the whole thing down if you have to, but this pattern of behavior must stop now. I will no longer support the side show that has become major college athletics.

Reactions: 9 people
fWx327.gif

Reactions: 14 people
Wait... there's a sexual assault lawsuit pending against UT? When did this happen, and how has the media not gotten a hold of it yet?

Call it a knee jerk reaction, i don't care. I am done with UT athletics, and major college sports in general. I will no longer support UT financially, or by attending games, or cheering for my alma mater. As an alum, i am ashamed and embarrassed to be associated with this institution.

I received a pdf of the 87 page suit filed against UT based on the complaint of several plantiffs who are the alleged victims of sexual abuse by current and former UT athletes. I'm not sure if anyone has linked the suit on the forum, but it needs to be. I could not find a link, or i would have done so here. I'd be happy to email the copy i received to anyone who wants to read it. Teh excerpts in the media don't even come close to painting the picture. The lawsuit lays out a pattern of sexual misconduct by UT athletes, as well as a pattern or how the University responded towards those who brought forth these allegations. The allegations reveal, at worse, a complicity by UT to cover up and bury these cases, and at best, a dismissive attitude towards a long pattern of sexual misconduct.

If you haven't read the complaint, then i suggest you do so before you respond, comment, or rally around the University, or anyone in leadership. If only a portion of this information is accurate it is a horrific indictment on UT. And, we know for a fact, that the athletes named were in fact alleged to have committed these improprieties. The resignation of Tim Rogers, a 38 year employee who dealt with these cases, is perhaps the most condemning.

It is shameful what is going on over on the Hill. It happens everywhere? I don't give two ****s, and anyone who proposes that excuse is a piece of human excrement that doesn't deserve the time of day. The possibility that this is epidemic across college athletics doesn't excuse or minimize the horrific nature of what is occurring. This is bad. Probably worse than many here on this forum want to admit. It will undermine UT sports, and quite frankly i don't care. Shut the whole thing down if you have to, but this pattern of behavior must stop now. I will no longer support the side show that has become major college athletics.

See ya. I'm sure your $$ will be missed. :eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person

There's a huge thread in the football forum so.... Also, it appears you've only read the complaint - which is only one sided. As you stated these are only allegations and may not be representative of facts.

Consider backing away from the cliff for a second and wait for both sides to present their case. I'm of the opinion that if the University was as culpable as the complaint says, the University would have settled with the accusers quietly.

Reactions: 1 person
There's a huge thread in the football forum so.... Also, it appears you've only read the complaint - which is only one sided. As you stated these are only allegations and may not be representative of facts.

Consider backing away from the cliff for a second and wait for both sides to present their case. I'm of the opinion that if the University was as culpable as the complaint says, the University would have settled with the accusers quietly.

Nah, let him jump.

Reactions: 4 people

So, you've read the 87 page complaint?

Anyone here that's commented?

I need a cliff notes version on what's going on. I can't follow the threads over there well enough to know what's going on. And im too scared to ask a question over there about it.

Thanks

Have you read the document, yes or no?

I've read portions of the complaint, yes.

If the allegations are true then I hope the victims receive fair compensation for their injuries.

Why don't you wait for the facts to come out before making assumptions? Chill out.

So, you've read the 87 page complaint?

Anyone here that's commented?

I have read it and I agree it paints a pretty horrible picture. However, I also agree with everyone that says it is one-sided so far and we don't know UT's side. Further, you have to keep in mind that the gruesome sexual details only involve a handful of athletes out of thousands that have passed through in the last couple of years and relate to he said / she said situations where both parties put themselves in potentially bad circumstances.

Last edited:
I've read portions of the complaint, yes.

If the allegations are true then I hope the victims receive fair compensation for their injuries.

Why don't you wait for the facts to come out before making assumptions? Chill out.
A portion? Ok. Nice way to say, "no."
Compensation?
So a payoff and problem go away?
Figures.

VN Store

Back