Hey OU fans

Very disgusted with the OU fanbase...not all but a lot...this is ridiculous to do. Plus all the shrubs around were ripped up and destroyed too.

Attachments

• received_10204260202175770.jpg
    received_10204260202175770.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 24
I was enjoying this thread until all the experts started debating ref decisions. One of you guys must have been the same expert sitting behind me last night screaming every time an OU player made a play that somehow the refs must have missed a penalty.

Reactions: 1 person
Very disgusted with the OU fanbase...not all but a lot...this is ridiculous to do. Plus all the shrubs around were ripped up and destroyed too.

Seems like the ones near my wife and I. They were actually calling for OU to take a cheap shot on Dobbs.

I would trade Striker for Jumper and he can flip off every team he wants if he helped us win big games.

Yeah striker is an actual sec linebacker. Dudes a stud and I'm a vol fan that doesn't mind saying it. I would trade him for jumper in a heartbeat. Lol

Your refs came through for you at the end.

Oh yeah the refs are why we lost the game.. Not the ou defense that shut us down all half, not our bad coaching, and not the fact that in crunch time ou made plays and typical Tennessee did not... Yeah let's blame the refs. Take the easy way out. Every year ut fans "and I'm one of them" make excuses for never winning a big game, it's time to shut up and win a big game. For once

Reactions: 3 people
Stoops and Striker are both arrogant pricks. Sounds like that has extended to the fanbase. I would rather lose to Florida than Oklahoma. Tired of hearing all the SEC hate. But the other conferences hate the SEC because they know there isn't a chance that they could pull 7 straight National Championships.

Oh yeah the refs are why we lost the game.. Not the ou defense that shut us down all half, not our bad coaching, and not the fact that in crunch time ou made plays and typical Tennessee did not... Yeah let's blame the refs. Take the easy way out. Every year ut fans "and I'm one of them" make excuses for never winning a big game, it's time to shut up and win a big game. For once

Perhaps you should learn to read. I never said the rest cost us the game. They did however extended their drives three straight call on third down on their game tying drive.

Edit: they also blatantly missed a false start on them at the goal line on the same drive.

Last edited:
Stoops and Striker are both arrogant pricks. Sounds like that has extended to the fanbase. I would rather lose to Florida than Oklahoma. Tired of hearing all the SEC hate. But the other conferences hate the SEC because they know there isn't a chance that they could pull 7 straight National Championships.

Classless is an understatement.

Thank you, Volunteer Nation, for treating us so well. I travelled to Knoxville for the game, and was treated with the utmost respect by your fan base (except for some drunk girl that said she felt bad that I had to live in Oklahoma, but she definitely was not representative). I'll enthusiastically be cheering for the Volunteers for the remainder of your season -- your team has quickly become my favorite SEC team and I truly believe that you all will see your team do big things in the next few years.

Neyland was absolutely insane -- my brother and I couldn't hear each other yell in each other's ear on any given 3rd down, so props to you all for creating that kind of electric atmosphere for your team. The Tennessee campus was beautiful, and I can absolutely see why Tennesseans are so fiercely loyal to their university, as Oklahomans are to ours. Your tradition as a university and as a football program are second to none.

Good luck with the rest of your season. I'll be cheering you all on from Oklahoma City!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Thank you, Volunteer Nation, for treating us so well. I travelled to Knoxville for the game, and was treated with the utmost respect by your fan base (except for some drunk girl that said she felt bad that I had to live in Oklahoma, but she definitely was not representative). I'll enthusiastically be cheering for the Volunteers for the remainder of your season -- your team has quickly become my favorite SEC team and I truly believe that you all will see your team do big things in the next few years.

Neyland was absolutely insane -- my brother and I couldn't hear each other yell in each other's ear on any given 3rd down, so props to you all for creating that kind of electric atmosphere for your team. The Tennessee campus was beautiful, and I can absolutely see why Tennesseans are so fiercely loyal to their university, as Oklahomans are to ours. Your tradition as a university and as a football program are second to none.

Good luck with the rest of your season. I'll be cheering you all on from Oklahoma City!

If you have any clout in OKC, try to send KD on over to Knoxville for basketball season..

Beat Texas badly. Then make sure you tell them who the real UT is. Good luck on your alls season.

The worst part is, that's a beautiful piece of work by a clearly very talented artist and they messed it up by putting a pos "graffiti" job over it. If you're going to spray paint over amazing artwork, at least do it right.

Last edited:
I wouldn't blame any of the coaches on either side in this one. Thought it was well coached game. The biggest difference in 2nd half was OU D line dominated the line of scrimmage, they were living in the back field. The O coordinator might have gotten a little conservative but considering how the Vols defense was playing and the fact that Dobson fumbled and it was an OU TD if not for the crazy quick whistle and Hurd fumbled and Vols lucky to get it back I think he wanted to make sure the offense didn't lose the game. Had the O line done their job you win the game. Both O lines struggled, but don't get down on your team you should have a good year. I have been an OU fan for 35+ years and this is one of the most talented teams I have seen. They are young on the O line but have playmaker after playmaker and this is the most depth Stoops has had at Defense since he has been here. After seeing the rest of the SEC teams in action this weekend there isn't anyone you all play the rest of the way out that you can't beat. Best of luck to you the rest of the season!!!!

End of the 3rd and in the 4th our coach could have taken the clock away from you and didn't do it. That would have been enough.

From my view, TN let off of the gas. It was painful for me to watch the first half, as TN had my team against the ropes. I felt the punch coming to send OU to the mat. It was a cheap win, IMHO.

I'm puzzled my Vol friends (if I may). Your running game was working. Why not run it in or at least go for it inside the one in the 1st Qtr? To me, as a former coach, going for the FG conveys to my team I have no confidence, not real confidence.

Declining penalties. I get it, used to do it myself but the way OU WASN'T necessarily making big yardage, I'd make us go the distance.

Stretching the field. Gotta take shots downfield. It's almost like your OC didn't want to take any chances. Heck, you've got a 17 pt lead. Press on the gas.

Once OU got the offense moving in the right direction, it was gassing your D. Does TN have a depth problem on the D-line?

Just casual observations. You VOLS are A-OK in my book. We OU fans have been there and done that with our other OC. We know. Ohhhh, we know....

Good questions.... Inquiring Vols would like to know.

Butch, your response?

Florida over Oklahoma...yeah right. All conferences will dog the other conferences.

Nope, I saw all of that. I also saw Hurd ripping at one of our DB's face mask as his stiff armed his way out of bounds on the first drive. I saw Bond get his head snapped around by a UT lineman in the 4th. I saw holding multiple times by UT in the first half that didn't get called. I saw bad calls and no calls against both teams throughout the game that were terrible.

But if you would rather blame one call that may very well have been legit for the end result, instead of playing not to lose the entire 2nd half on offense, or not going for it 4th and goal from the 1 foot line, then feel free.

The false start was the huge missed call. He was two steps out of his stance when the ball was snapped. 3rd and 8 instead of 3rd and 3(which was converted with a false start) is a big difference with the game on the line. Oklahoma is in a passing down and does not run the ball for a first and goal.

By no means am I saying the refs cost us the game. Bad calls happen every week. You still have to get up and make the next play. What I am saying is it would have been nice if they had called the false start penalty. I mean it is a penalty that I have never seen missed like that in my 28 years of existence. Oklahoma could have scored the next play, but I doubt it! We will never know.

FWIW, I honestly do not and will not get into back and forth with fans. It's a lost cause. I will, however, say that I hold no ill will to anyone and I do apologize if I have offended. I simply point out my opinions based on the best facts available. I do enjoy antagonizing a bit, but man it's just a football game.

Have a safe work week and enjoy the rest of your season.

Hey guys, sorry to bring up an aging thread, but I just got my account approved.

I just wanted to say to the Oklahoma fans and team what a great win and congrats! Your team showed good old fashioned grit, swagger, moxie... all the good stuff.

Truly a special win, especially coming from a coach with a resume like Stoops' who said it was among his favorite wins and was special. Being down 17-0 that deep in the game, in that environment, on the road, with nothing working... You should have lost! But you never relented, you did not falter and you did not fail. Great job in weathering the heavy seas, finding the good course and sticking with it...

I love Neyland and the Vols for games just like that. Although, of course the "W" feels better, I am glad the stage is back! Best of luck moving forward in the season.

Go Vols!
HazeGrayVol

Pretty shiittty deal with what they did to the rock.... We need to reschedule them again for a series..

The Vol Nation fans are the best I've ever tailgated with, bar none. I hope you guys win out. Your better this year than last and I think your program is heading in the right direction. Good luck.

We don't know yet, but anytime they get fitted with an air cast it's not good. He is a true freshman rb that enrolled early. The coaches liked him a lot, but considering he already missed some practices this spring with an mcl sprain, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a medical red shirt. The OU boards are saying he's eligible for it. Hope he's ok, as well as the Vols that went out.

Good deal, No matter the outcome of who wins or loses, we all hope that no kids get injured during a game. After watching what happened to Iky Johnson in the Air Force game in 07 it makes you realize how easy these young men can get injured in a bad way.

VN Store

Back