Wtf has happened to this world? Gender neutral UT

I don't agree with a lot of things you say Volprof, but seriously concerned about you. Not being smart.

I appreciate the concern. But, I'll be fine. I'm a wild ass, but I know what I'm about.

If I was you, I'd be much more concerned about our college students. No, not what professors might do to them, but what a bunch of directionless dumbasses many of them tend to be.

I kid you not. I have to explain things over and over and over to them. Simple things. And half of them still don't get it.

Liberal indoctrination would be the least of my concerns.

The inability to understand simple directions would be my biggest.

I have thought and thought about who or what to blame. And I imagine, like a lot of things, there's probably multiple factors.

But I think it has a lot to do with social media and the constant distractions that the Internet and, well, social media, provide.

We're too distracted constantly by too many things. We can't focus.

We aren't exactly helping things here either.

And I admit I'm guilty.

Reactions: 3 people
I appreciate the concern. But, I'll be fine. I'm a wild ass, but I know what I'm about.

If I was you, I'd be much more concerned about our college students. No, not what professors might do to them, but what a bunch of directionless dumbasses many of them tend to be.

I kid you not. I have to explain things over and over and over to them. Simple things. And half of them still don't get it.

I have thought and thought about who or what to blame. And I imagine, like a lot of things, there's probably multiple factors.

But I think it has a lot to do with social media and the constant distractions that the Internet and, well, social media, provide.

And I admit I'm guilty.

Now I agree with this. Technology can be good, but I know college kids (young men) who can't change a flat tire. Many who can't Cook, stuff likes that brothers me.

Reactions: 1 person
Now I agree with this. Technology can be good, but I know college kids (young men) who can't change a flat tire. Many who can't Cook, stuff likes that brothers me.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

But I'm not so much concerned with these things.

I don't necessarily expect a kid to go to college in order to learn how to change a flat or to wash clothes, although I know what you're saying.

We're talking about college things here. I would hope parents teach them these things beforehand.

I know I sound like the biggest crazy ass on here (but that's mostly because the rest of you don't realize how ****ing crazy you are). But I'm about to help you out.

Anyone you wants their kids to go to college and is hoping not to have them completely ransacked by an idiotic liberal instructor, listen to the following. Please.

1. Give your children instruction as you would prefer, but let them also know that there are alternatives. Don't act like the world is one thing and one thing only. Help them to see the world in the way you would like. But also help them understand that there are many different perspectives. If you teach and show them well enough of your way, then they will come back to you. If not, then it's no big deal. They will still respect you. You did what you could.
2. When your child questions you, don't freak out. Just act like it's normal (even if you really are freaked out). Play along. Try to answer his or her questions as best as you can, and as honestly as you can. And that's doing your job. Honestly, you can't do anymore than that.
3. Limit his or her access to video games/social media/Internet/etc. These are good things, and, god help me, I love them to death, for better or for worse, but let your child understand that there are other alternatives to connected to the outer world.
One of my ways of doing this was consulting my encyclopedias early on. That's how I built a love of Russia and foreign places so early.
But maybe your child will build a love of tech, or law, or god knows what.
But I do recommend limiting their access to social media and the Internet.
I'm serious. I don't mean to be a hardass curmudgeon, but these kids I've dealt with at UT, despite their ACT scores, half of them don't know their head from their ass.

4. Finally, yes, as you mentioned, teach them practical things. Changing oil, changing tires, how to work a table or circle saw, how to etc. I can do quite a few things, but there is a lot I wish my father would have taught me. And part of that is my own fault. I never showed much interest. Now I regret it.

Anyhow, keep your children's eyes on these things. Keep them constantly interested in things. When they're asked a question, make sure they are invested in the answer.

I shouldn't be so hard on my students. I've had many good ones. Much better than what I was when I was that age.

But it troubles me how mindless some of them can be.

And these are some tips I can provide you for avoiding that and for saving them the embarrassment.

I'm not a callous guy.

I just expect good things out of people.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
This, while an unfortunate bit of stupidity unworthy of a thinking mind, is not the doomsday harbinger of Armageddon you and your ilk would like to believe but rather an issue that only affects you to the extent that you allow it to.

I would expect nothing less of VN than to open a thread lamenting the state of the world only to find a petty complaint lodged at the behest of paranoia and hyperbole.

Nevermind the billions deprived of potable water, the real problem is women having too much control over their own bodies, some colleges espousing gobbledygook here and there, etc.

Stfu

Reactions: 5 people
Feminists are confusing. On the one hand, they want to wear their uterus' on their sleeves and make sure that we never forget that they're women. On the other hand, they want the world stripped of gender identities because pronouns like "him" and "her" are indicative of male dominated society.

This country divides itself on the stupidest of lines.

Ban the NFL. Male dominated culture with skimpy dressed ladies that are degrading to women everywhere .

Joke of courses but my point is valid. They pick and choose what to attack like any other political posse on whatever the new bounty is for the day.

Difference between you and me is that I choose my battles.

You, however, have to have an opinion on everything.

45,000 posts?

Seriously?

And you're a military man?

What the hell are we paying you for? To post online all damn day or something?

The same can be said for you sir.

And I admit I'm guilty.

Example of someone that should not be allowed to own a firearm.

Reactions: 4 people
Difference between you and me is that I choose my battles.

You, however, have to have an opinion on everything.

45,000 posts?

Seriously?

And you're a military man?

What the hell are we paying you for? To post online all damn day or something?
Bless your heart. I'm not a military man and you aren't paying me a damn thing. I understand you are so incredibly butthurt about something, but do you have to make it so obvious that your dosage is way off?

Reactions: 5 people
Bless your heart. I'm not a military man and you aren't paying me a damn thing. I understand you are so incredibly butthurt about something, but do you have to make it so obvious that your dosage is way off?

Dudes got issues, wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him on the news one day. 😜

Reactions: 4 people
This is one of those sky is falling threads for conservatives, obviously not much is going to come of this weirdness.

However, these sort of initiatives do reflect the other side of the issue of gender bias. People are too quick to dismiss this stuff as nonsense without trying to understand the social factors which motivate it.

The country we once knew, even 10 years ago is done and you will never see it again. These far left idiots own every level of education and will further indoctrinate your kids. This country likely cannot be saved and may no longer be worth saving.

Reactions: 6 people
The country we once knew, even 10 years ago is done and you will never see it again. These far left idiots own every level of education and will further indoctrinate your kids. This country likely cannot be saved and may no longer be worth saving.

Glass half full I like it!!!!!!!!

On a serious note I tend to agree with you, my rights end where your feelings begin.

Reactions: 1 person
This is one of those sky is falling threads for conservatives, obviously not much is going to come of this weirdness.

However, these sort of initiatives do reflect the other side of the issue of gender bias. People are too quick to dismiss this stuff as nonsense without trying to understand the social factors which motivate it.

I disagree. You don't have to be blind to gender bias to see this is ridiculous and a very shallow attempt to address gender bias.

Volprof (in the post where he actually talked about this issue) was spot on. I've worked in PC university settings for 25 years and this is all too common. It's usually one or a few people that have some agenda/belief that make these decisions and no boss will call them on it for being moronic because everyone is afraid of being insensitive or more realistically being ACCUSED of being insensitive or biased. This case is particularly nutty - just look at the quotes from the source.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back