Josh Richardson to the Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did not hurt that Coach Spoelstra and Butch Jones are the best of friends. This may work in Josh's favor for actually making the roster. Would that not be awesome?

I'm sure a NBA coach determines his roster and who plays on who he is friends with :crazy: Josh will make it on his own merits alone.

Reactions: 1 person
It did not hurt that Coach Spoelstra and Butch Jones are the best of friends. This may work in Josh's favor for actually making the roster. Would that not be awesome?

That has NOTHING to do with why he got drafted. LOL, you grasp at anything though so it comes as no surprise.

Reactions: 2 people
Not a major factor, but the NBA is pretty focused on avoiding thugs and dudes with 'tudes. Butch could confirm that Josh is a righteous dude.

Not a major factor, but the NBA is pretty focused on avoiding thugs and dudes with 'tudes. Butch could confirm that Josh is a righteous dude.

The Heat have been doing their homework on Josh since his sophomore season, I'm gonna guess their scouts know a lot more about Josh than Butch does.

Is it possible that when Butch had his Miami Heat head coach buddy in town to speak with the football team that he might have also had a word or two with the draftable basketball players?

Where do you think that scouts get their information? Vol Nation posters maybe?

They watch them play in person. They talk to the player's coaches. They look at the player's mannerisms on the bench and when interacting with coaches and teammates.

Maybe he talked to Butch, but I highly doubt Spoelstra was thinking about Josh when he visited Butch.

Is it possible that when Butch had his Miami Heat head coach buddy in town to speak with the football team that he might have also had a word or two with the draftable basketball players?

Honestly, I think its a reach of all reaches to suggest that Jones being friends with Spol had anything at all to do with the Heat drafting him.

Reactions: 3 people
They watch them play in person. They talk to the player's coaches. They look at the player's mannerisms on the bench and when interacting with coaches and teammates.

Maybe he talked to Butch, but I highly doubt Spoelstra was thinking about Josh when he visited Butch.

So they look at everything, but ignore the head coach's buddy that is a colleague of two of the player's coaches? I'm pretty sure that they look under every rock and Butch is in a unique position to let them get a truer picture of the young man.

Honestly, I think its a reach of all reaches to suggest that Jones being friends with Spol had anything at all to do with the Heat drafting him.

I said that it wasn't a major factor. That doesn't mean that Butch's relationship with the Heat's HC had zero to do with Josh getting picked up in round 2.

So they look at everything, but ignore the head coach's buddy that is a colleague of two of the player's coaches? I'm pretty sure that they look under every rock and Butch is in a unique position to let them get a truer picture of the young man.

Honestly, Butch is busy rebuilding a football program from basically ground zero and managing 120 young men of his own. I dare say that keeps him pretty busy. I really doubt he could tell you three uncommon facts about Josh Richardson.

The Miami coach isn't in Knoxville if Butch wasn't a good friend of his. Connect the dots... I'm saying that it is not correct to suggest that Butch had NOTHING to do with the Heat drafting Josh.

I'm saying it is more probable than not that it had absolutely nothing to do with him being drafted. Now if Riley and Butch were homeboys and shared a pontoon boat on the Tennessee River during the summer, you might be on to something.

The Miami coach isn't in Knoxville if Butch wasn't a good friend of his. Connect the dots... I'm saying that it is not correct to suggest that Butch had NOTHING to do with the Heat drafting Josh.

It's also not correct to assume it has anything to do with it. That's like saying because Todd Helton and Peyton Manning are friends, that's why Manning chose to play in Denver.

Having the Heat coach visit UT for a day IS something.

So why haven't the Heat traded for Tobias? Drafted Jarnell? Passed on McRae? Signed CJ Watson? Added Swiperboy to their d-league team?

If Spoelstra is just turning the Heat into the Miami Volunteers to prove his friendship to Butch he's doing a pretty crappy job at it.

Saying that Manning chose to play in Denver because he's buddies with Todd Helton is nowhere close to the same thing.

How is it not? Spoelstra wasnt there to see Richardson or anyone from the basketball program. Also, Spoelstra has about 2% input into who Riley chooses in the draft.....ask him, Riley will probably tell you that. The point is, Richardson made their list because of Jason and it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Spoelstra came for one day to address the football team as a favor to Jones. Suggesting otherwise is suggesting that Richardson didnt make it on his own and when he makes the roster, it was because of something Jones did. I challenge you to provide anything that points to him being here in any other capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back