Jennings

Not a fan of the wildcat or any other gimmick formation, but if you're going to run it, just use a RB and give it a go.

If hes eventually switching positions, I'd rather redshirt Dormady. If Dobbs is healthy, all you need is a blowout or getting blown out QB. Jennings or Jones could fill that role. If JD gets hurt, pull the red shirtshirt off Dormady

Dorm looked good but remember this, Jones was at the top of their QB board.

Dormady will be the backup and it's not even close.. Jennings is an exceptional athlete trying to play QB.. Eventually a safety or WR IMO..

Just so happens we appear to have an opening in the WR department...

Reactions: 3 people
Dorm looked good but remember this, Jones was at the top of their QB board.
People need to understand this Jones kid is for real. Granted Dormady & JJ have a head start. But it would not surprise me at all the Jones goes ahead of both of them on down the way.

I'd like to see a package for him this year. 3-5 snaps as wildcat QB. It would save some hits on Dobbs and the rbs. Guy looks explosive

That would work then playing receiver in place of VP. He will drop to 4th once SJ shows up this summer.

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Dormady will be the backup and it's not even close.. Jennings is an exceptional athlete trying to play QB.. Eventually a safety or WR IMO..

Just so happens we appear to have an opening in the WR department...

That opening is going to close as soon as Preston Williams gets here.

Reactions: 2 people
Preston Williams is gonna have to man up fast if he's gonna help fill VP's spot. Jones very well could be the #2 qb. QD(very impressive)has a great arm but the Oline will be the difference. We will have to see if they improve over the offseason. It sucks to have a qb that can't run and has zero time to throw the ball in this offense. Dobbs looked really good today with half the wrs injured or suspended. Just my thoughts.

That opening is going to close as soon as Preston Williams gets here.

Preston is a great talent but he is an incoming freshman coming off of a serious knee injury and stepping into the SEC.... Let's not put lofty expectations on him.

Jennings isn't a safety or wide receiver. He is a quarterback. Throwing a couple of worm burners in the spring game doesn't mean you are garbage. If he makes a couple of tweaks and continues to develop, he'll be a handful to deal with. QD looked good, but all that really means is that he is ahead of Jennings for the time being. If things start to click for Jennings, he has the physical tools to run away with the job.

Based on a spring game? By that reasoning, Tyler Bray shouldn't have been much of a passing threat either.

Based on the spring game which followed frequent reports of him struggling in passing drills during practices, and coaches saying he is very raw and undeveloped passer etc - he did nothing but confirmed all that in the spring game. Bray on the other hand had a completely different reputation coming in as a freshman - he was known to be a huge talent in terms of passing abilities coming out of HS - which he more or less confirmed by the time he was done at UT (even though he was obviously not dedicated and very lazy so he ended up wasting all that great arm talent).

Jennings is just a great athlete period. I dont think he's got a future at QB, has a long way to go, but he could be all conference at WR or safety. Incredible talent.

His dad told me the Vandy staff offered him a position outside of QB, and that's ultimately why he didn't choose Vandy. If they attempt to move him somewhere else, expect an unhappy Jennings.

His dad told me the Vandy staff offered him a position outside of QB, and that's ultimately why he didn't choose Vandy. If they attempt to move him somewhere else, expect an unhappy Jennings.

Thats fine. He can sit behind JD, QD, SJ, and JG (next year) and who ever else comes along at QB in the next 4 years. OR...he could listen to everyone who is projecting him to be an SEC and ultimately NFL caliber safety. Either way, glad to have him in orange.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back