Dormady making 'tremendous progress'

What stuck out in his interview was that he's already gained 20lbs. Thats amazing.

We once had a great athlete at QB named Stewart, I believe. Seems like he was beaten out by some no name that couldn't out run my fat a$$.

Reactions: 3 people
Can't wait for "D-Day" when Dormady invades enemy defensive positions!

Hopefully we get two more years of Dobbsination Animation Offense first. Let's set the bar high for Dormady with two national titles first.

Reactions: 1 person
I told all yall fools this kid is special. Might even compete for starting job by this coming fall.

Dormady is the future at UT.

Jones isn't even here yet, either, he is good enough to play for UT right now.

UT will have a major problem on their hands and one will likely transfer. But, this is a great problem to have. It means we have serious talent and competition at the most important position on the field.

It's been many years!

Jennings will either play elsewhere on the field or he will be transfering quickly.

Fools?
Who are you? Mr. T?

If you replace the name "Dormady" with the name "Ferguson" and replace the name "Jennings" with the name "Dobbs", then this is a verbatim conversation from one of 1000 possible threads over the last couple of off seasons. I'll let these guys get more than one or two days of padded practice before I start calling for one to start and the other to transfer or move to safety.

Less than two short years ago, it was Worley(Jr), Peterman(RsFR), Dobbs(Fr), & Furgeson(Fr) for Fall camp. I don't think a word describes how much better I feel about the group we are raising up compared to that group.

(Maybe the Ron Paul "It's Happening" meme. Maybe)

And I dont remember much being said in a positive light from the coaches or anyone else back then.

If you replace the name "Dormady" with the name "Ferguson" and replace the name "Jennings" with the name "Dobbs", then this is a verbatim conversation from one of 1000 possible threads over the last couple of off seasons. I'll let these guys get more than one or two days of padded practice before I start calling for one to start and the other to transfer or move to safety.

Don't think Dormady is tatted up like Fergy. Fergy's decision making left a lot to be desired. Dormady is a coach's son. Big difference in those 2 IMO. I get what you are saying though, you can fill in the blank at about in big U in power 5 that brings in 2 or 3 QB's to compete.

Come ON, man...stop it already. Dobbs is the guy, hands down, no question. Let the young buck learn and progress and get his seasoning without unreal expectations. And we can't let Jennings go anywhere...to good of an athlete. Put 25 pounds on him and drop him in the box...JRM, then Cortez...now Jennings! It seems to be a formula that is turning out quite well!

Dobbs will be "the guy" if he can hold off Dormady and if he can he certainly will deserve it. What have you got against the lad from Texas...a possible agenda...no surely not.:no:

A key difference is that Dormady knew coming in that he was likely to sit behind Dobbs. He is unlikely to leave if the coaches don't let him start ahead of Dobbs.

Ferguson didn't leave because Peterman or Dobbs had beaten him out. His reason for leaving seemed to be that he thought he was better than Worley and the coaches didn't agree.

He was likely to be the #2 guy if he hadn't blown up and left... which means that he would have started when Worley went down if not before.... which means we might not have even seen Dobbs to this point.

From the indications so far, the attitudes of Dormady vs Ferguson guys are a million miles apart. Attitude, not ability, ruined Ferguson.

Reactions: 2 people
Dobbs will be "the guy" if he can hold off Dormady and if he can he certainly will deserve it. What have you got against the lad from Texas...a possible agenda...no surely not.:no:

Dobbs is the guy. Not sure where you read any uncertainty at all about that from the coaches or within the program. Barring injury, he IS the leader of the O.

The battle is for #2 and that is no agenda or disrespect toward any of the other 3.

Dormandy will not be the starter over Dobbs!!! I don't get volnation? We finally get some solid QB play and volnation is ready to hand it to the next QB already.
Why is everyone so sold out on Dormandy and no other QB. He is a coaches son i get that and has talent. But we have 3 really good QBs that are gonna be here this summer. I heard that Sheirdan Jones was the most field ready and Jennings probably has the highest ceiling of all 3 but everyone seems to have already crowned Dormandy as Dobbs successor... I hope that he has a good career but to sell out this early wouldn't be wise.

Why are you "unsold" on Dormandy coming in and starting as a freshman?

At least one of these 3 will transfer in all likelihood. If Jennings does not win the competition then he could play another position or transfer as well.

The interesting "sign" from the coaches in all this is that they thought S Jones' potential was high enough for them to take him as a 3rd QB rather than signing another RB. They must think he has potential for greatness because I don't think they lack confidence in the other two guys.

For the same reason 99.99% of the rest of us are unsold on it. Because he doesn't need to be the starter.

Pretty much everyone on here loves Dormady. There is no reason not to. The fact is (at least for now), barring injury to Dobbs, Dormady does not need to start.

I've got no dog in this fight, but it's obvious that Dobbs is the guy this spring and this year. He doesn't have to worry about "holding off" anybody. He just had to worry about his own personal development. The coaches obviously don't want to march out a true freshman this season.

Dormady will only beat out Dobbs to be the starter if it turns out he's the next Peyton Manning or if Dobbs take serious steps backwards.

At least one of these 3 will transfer in all likelihood. If Jennings does not win the competition then he could play another position or transfer as well.

The interesting "sign" from the coaches in all this is that they thought S Jones' potential was high enough for them to take him as a 3rd QB rather than signing another RB. They must think he has potential for greatness because I don't think they lack confidence in the other two guys.
I think another part of it is that they knew Peterman was wanting to transfer and knew they needed 4 QBs to make it through the season. If we'd only had 3 in 2013, then we'd have had to run the wildcat for the last 3 games.

That is one of the things I found the most interesting about the QB pick-ups this year. All have high potential and the one who is the weakest from a pure QB perspective is actually (probably) the best athlete of the three. Nice position to be in for a change.

Hell the walk-on QB looked pretty good in practice too.

Besides the fact that Dobbs has a LARGE advantage over Dormady in experience, understanding of the college game, understanding of the system, leadership of this team, earned respect from teammates, demonstrated ability to play under SEC pressure, understanding of the coaching staff and their communication style, understanding of SEC competition... and a considerable advantage in running ability, physical development, rapport with the receivers... there's no reason to believe Dormady won't overtake a guy that some experts outside of Volnation consider a Heisman darkhorse and likely one of the better QB's in the SEC this fall.

Why in 8 pound 6 ounce bearded baby jesus's name are people actually questioning whether Dobbs is number 1 or not. The battle is for second string here folks.

Why in 8 pound 6 ounce bearded baby jesus's name are people actually questioning whether Dobbs is number 1 or not. The battle is for second string here folks.

Because it is Spring, and people are bored. And because we have a bunch of dopey members who don't recognize that true freshmen QBs do not supplant entrenched JR starters, especially entrenched JR starters who are perfect fits for the offense, and who have been getting national attention. And because even when we have a good QB, some people will still demand to see the backup.

Shut your sacrilege:no: up...you can make your point without bringing up the name of my Savior to somehow "create a buzz"...

Dormady will have to work a whole helluva lot harder to hold off Jennings and Jones for 2nd string than Dobbs will have to work to "hold off" Dormady or either of the other 2 freshman qbs to be the starter. Dobbs IS the man. No agenda, no nothing. Just truth.

Dobbs is light years ahead of Dormandy, there is not QB Competition other than for the #2 Spot and Dormandy may not even lock that spot up when Jones gets on campus...Getting a little ahead of ourselves the kid hasn't even played a game yet, and may never start in a Tennessee Jersey. Dobbs is the starter period. No one has anything against Dormandy but we are just realistic to the QB situation. He may never even play here.

Two Words "Joshua Dobbs" not gonna happen barring an injury. If Dobbs does get hurt and Dormandy starts the remaining games it still doesn't guarantee that he will be the future starter. He may never be the starter here at Tennessee...I think he will transfer he is good just may not get to play here. JMO.

VN Store

Back