Dormady making 'tremendous progress'

As it stands right now, you are correct, but anything and I me anything can happen.

Also, Dormady is way more "athletic" and can move in this offense better than anyone thought.

Also, the new OC has a long history with the Dormady type QBs....

Agree with your assessment on QD. I've said everything you just said about QD in other posts many times. I've cited a very good QB 40 time (4.7) and an elite shuttle time (4.14) as evidence that he's plenty athletic enough to be successful in this offense....and we already know the kid can spin it.

But there's no way he's beating Dobbs out in 2015.

Reactions: 1 person
And Coach DeBord did say yesterday that the QB competition is open again, no front runner. So apparently Dormady is doing that well, because we know Dobbs is looking strong.

Not sure why DeBord would've said this. Not only is Dobbs looking fantastic and far ahead of the other 2, but Jones has already declared Dobbs the starter, which means the competition for starter is very much closed. Maybe he meant the battle for #2?

Reactions: 3 people
You're kidding yourself if you think there's any chance, based on performance and not injury, that Dobbs is not our starter

While I agree it's a rather hysterical notion, I also say never say never. What if he really turned out to be that good? I think it would be a wonderful problem to have considering Dobbs is less than likely to leave due to his major and studies here if he SOMEHOW gets beat out.

Again, I don't think it happens, but what a great problem to have right?

It's great to hear and all, but let's be honest... we say this about every QB we get. Chaney recruited/coached Brees and Orton so Worley was going to be good too. Heck, even I was sold we'd be great at QB because of Chaney's history. Nope...

I'll wait and see Dormady before I proclaim how great I think he'll be for us. I hope he is great but again, we say this about every QB in recent years and they either end up being bad or never even see the field. Dobbs looks to break that trend this season and I hope it stays broken with Dormady or whoever the next man up is.

Reactions: 2 people
While I agree it's a rather hysterical notion, I also say never say never. What if he really turned out to be that good? I think it would be a wonderful problem to have considering Dobbs is less than likely to leave due to his major and studies here if he SOMEHOW gets beat out.

Again, I don't think it happens, but what a great problem to have right?

Dormandy will not be the starter over Dobbs!!! I don't get volnation? We finally get some solid QB play and volnation is ready to hand it to the next QB already.
Why is everyone so sold out on Dormandy and no other QB. He is a coaches son i get that and has talent. But we have 3 really good QBs that are gonna be here this summer. I heard that Sheirdan Jones was the most field ready and Jennings probably has the highest ceiling of all 3 but everyone seems to have already crowned Dormandy as Dobbs successor... I hope that he has a good career but to sell out this early wouldn't be wise.

It's great to hear and all, but let's be honest... we say this about every QB we get. Chaney recruited/coached Brees and Orton so Worley was going to be good too. Heck, even I was sold we'd be great at QB because of Chaney's history. Nope...

I'll wait and see Dormady before I proclaim how great I think he'll be for us. I hope he is great but again, we say this about every QB in recent years and they either end up being bad or never even see the field. Dobbs looks to break that trend this season and I hope it stays broken with Dormady or whoever the next man up is.

Thank you someone with some common sense in Volnation!!! Are you on the right site?

Dormandy will not be the starter over Dobbs!!! I don't get volnation? We finally get some solid QB play and volnation is ready to hand it to the next QB already.
Why is everyone so sold out on Dormandy and no other QB. He is a coaches son i get that and has talent. But we have 3 really good QBs that are gonna be here this summer. I heard that Sheirdan Jones was the most field ready and Jennings probably has the highest ceiling of all 3 but everyone seems to have already crowned Dormandy as Dobbs successor... I hope that he has a good career but to sell out this early wouldn't be wise.

It's not that we're so sold on Dormady over the others, it's just that we're defending a very talented young QB from people proclaiming him not athletic enough to play in our system and pegging him as a likely transfer.

He's clearly more polished early on than Jennings. We'll see how he compares to JJ at the end of spring and to Sheriron when he gets here in the Summer. Either way, I think we're in great shape with 3 very talented freshmen qbs....one of which is QD, and he's showing why many like his game after 3-4 practices.

Reactions: 2 people
Thank you someone with some common sense in Volnation!!! Are you on the right site?

Plenty of guys on here with common sense that repeatedly post that Dobbs is the far and away clearcut starter with 3....not 2....young freshmen battling for the backup spot.

It's not that we're so sold on Dormady over the others, it's just that we're defending a very talented young QB from people proclaiming him not athletic enough to play in our system and pegging him as a likely transfer.

He's clearly more polished early on than Jennings. We'll see how he compares to JJ at the end of spring and to Sheriron when he gets here in the Summer. Either way, I think we're in great shape with 3 very talented freshmen qbs....one of which is QD, and he's showing why many like his game after 3-4 practices.

Jones has said on several occasions that running ability is only one of many factors. People who take shots at some of us for questioning actual decisions seem to have no trouble acting as if Jones either didn't know what he was saying or else was lying.

Jones has said that his system can work very well with a guy like Worley at QB. Of course we can't quite be sure considering how bad the OL was last year. But having a guy who can get the ball to playmakers seems to be more important than having a guy who is a playmaker running it.

People seem to "trust" Jones... but mostly the "Jones" they've contrived in their imaginations.

I told all yall fools this kid is special. Might even compete for starting job by this coming fall.

Dormady is the future at UT.

Jones isn't even here yet, either, he is good enough to play for UT right now.

UT will have a major problem on their hands and one will likely transfer. But, this is a great problem to have. It means we have serious talent and competition at the most important position on the field.

It's been many years!

Jennings will either play elsewhere on the field or he will be transfering quickly.
Jones will arrive and give Dormady and Jennings both a run for their money at #2 QB. He is the real deal, we're lucky to have him.

Jones will arrive and give Dormady and Jennings both a run for their money at #2 QB. He is the real deal, we're lucky to have him.

Just based on the HS video we have, I thought he threw it better than Dormady while reportedly having enough mobility to offset Jennings' advantage. His big disadvantage will be having to catch up.

It's all good. Competition will get the best out of these 3 young qbs.

I am glad KBVol I was beginning to think they were proclaiming him the Messiah of The Program. He has looked good in practice and I believe that our QB situation will be good for the next couple of years. When all 3 of the Freshman QBs get on campus it could be a really fun competition to watch. He is clearly more polished than Jennings but Jennings has a lot of potential, and Jones is a amazing athlete and QB. This could be a fun one to watch.

I am glad KBVol I was beginning to think they were proclaiming him the Messiah of The Program. He has looked good in practice and I believe that our QB situation will be good for the next couple of years. When all 3 of the Freshman QBs get on campus it could be a really fun competition to watch. He is clearly more polished than Jennings but Jennings has a lot of potential, and Jones is a amazing athlete and QB. This could be a fun one to watch.

Agreed. We're in great shape talent wise at the most important position. Hopefully none of them go all Peterman and freak out on gameday. Like you said, should be fun to watch.

VN Store

Back