NCAA Tournament: Sunday Edition

No team that has averaged 59 possessions or less in the KenPom era has made it past the Sweet Sixteen. Wisconsin averages 59, for the record.

Reactions: 1 person
It's like Izzo and Co don't give a flip about the regular season. Just do enough to get in and then play to their potential.

Pretty much. They were pretty bad in that IU game right before the conference tournament (not as bad as Indiana, mind you, but still).

Virginia ruined college basketball for me. They deserve this.

I agree. I hate Michigan State (2010) but I'm glad UVA lost... They are more painful to watch than seeing a loved one be autopsied. Tony Bennett learned a lot from his dad (Dick at Wisconsin) - how to be slow and deliberate and bore the opponent to tears before taking a shot. CBS will gush over Izzo's defense but that is misguided.

I agree. I hate Michigan State (2010) but I'm glad UVA lost... They are more painful to watch than seeing a loved one be autopsied. Tony Bennett learned a lot from his dad (Dick at Wisconsin) - how to be slow and deliberate and bore the opponent to tears before taking a shot. CBS will gush over Izzo's defense but that is misguided.

Agreed on all counts. I didn't think MSU played spectacular defense by any means. It was fine, but like B-grade fine, nothing remarkable. You can't win a title solely relying on defense.

Hopefully this next game won't be such a snooze fest. I need Duke to win, but I hope San Diego St. can keep it close for entertainment's sake.

Hopefully this next game won't be such a snooze fest. I need Duke to win, but I hope San Diego St. can keep it close for entertainment's sake.

Would be fine with a Duke blowout win. I need a reason to enjoy the warm-ish weather, anyway

Wichita St vs Kansas up next... should be more interesting. Also looking forward to Gonzaga and Iowa at 7. Not a bad lineup of games today once you get Virginia out of the way.

I have not been impressed by and large with Kansas all year. I think that they lose today.

If Wichita doesn't start driving to the hoop ASAP they'll lose this game before it gets started. KU refuses to foul down low.

Everything I've seen from Wichita thus far can be fixed pretty easily. Unforced errors, open shots not falling, etc. They NEED to be more aggressive inside, too.

VN Store

Back