Coming out of retirement... paint the rock for Richmond!!!

Painting the rock ain't as easy as it looks. Also, the most important part is that the recruits see the message and see the intensity and passion of this fan base. Drew Richmond, Kahlil McKenzie, and many others saw it and saw that passion. Is everyone who paints anything on the Rock required to be an art major with top-notch skills for painting intricate designs on an uneven surface with a college student budget? Hell no. But they are out there to show their love for this team and this school.

Go Vols, and let's go get Drew Richmond

Reactions: 8 people
Painting the rock ain't as easy as it looks. Also, the most important part is that the recruits see the message and see the intensity and passion of this fan base. Drew Richmond, Kahlil McKenzie, and many others saw it and saw that passion. Is everyone who paints anything on the Rock required to be an art major with top-notch skills for painting intricate designs on an uneven surface with a college student budget? Hell no. But they are out there to show their love for this team and this school.

Go Vols, and let's go get Drew Richmond

Thanks for your contribution :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Problem is it looks like crap and its on the weekend before national signing day. Literally our last chance to impress recruits and some kids thought they could go help out by painting the rock. Don't paint the rock unless you have someone with some experience in...ya know...art? Or common sense (like someone who knows how to measure and get letters/lines straight)? Or has done this before? These kids went at it like a bunch of amateurs so this is what we get.

Not even going to give them an A for effort because they are probably some stupid freshmen from some local frat. And I hate stupid freshmen from local frats. So yeah I hope someone fixes this. Since we're Tennessee and we only strive for the best of the best and....someone please do it! The Rock is too good of a recruiting tool to use it like this....

The Rock in its current state:
B8oa0w_JCIAIOP.jpg

LOicMJA.jpg

I didn't see you out there spending your time, money, and effort to help show top recruits the passionate fan support UT has.

Reactions: 9 people
I'd personally rather the rock not be painted than for it to be painted like a 5 year old. Thank you to whoever fixed it.

I personally hope you or kirby dont act like 5 year olds again calling out the guys who went out in the cold as you two set on your asses.

Reactions: 3 people
I personally hope you or kirby acted like 5 year olds again calling out the guys who went out in the cold as you two set on your asses.

Oh yeah so cold they might need a hoodie, or a light weight jacket. If you're going to paint the rock you have to be able to take the criticism of your work. Anyone with eyes realized it's horrible, and likely said so. But no, we're supposed to treat them like children and tell them it looks great? I'm a somewhat anonymous user on a message board, not your friend or parent. I think it sucks.

Oh yeah so cold they might need a hoodie, or a light weight jacket. If you're going to paint the rock you have to be able to take the criticism of your work. Anyone with eyes realized it's horrible, and likely said so. But no, we're supposed to treat them like children and tell them it looks great? I'm a somewhat anonymous user on a message board, not your friend or parent. I think it sucks.

I was pretty critical of the rock, but it was mostly in jest. You're going way over the top here...

No Rock Painter Left Behind....

^Ironic.

But if that's the case, you wanna meet? I'm in the knoxville area

Dude...that's honestly one of the most pathetic things anybody has ever posted. First you rage over the state of the rock, when everybody else is treating it as a joke. And then you ask someone if they wanna meet and fight, like you're in middle school. Wait. Are you?

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back