The Official Tennessee vs. #20 Missouri Game Thread, 7:30pm ET, ESPN

Wouldn't have mattered but butch got a little retarded on the challenge and cost us a timeout. That wasn't smart.

So many reasons for that loss.

But that onside kick was on the refs.

You can't call a new penalty after a review.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, a win would have been nice, but we are still a solid 2nd and 3rd string away. Lack of leadership, lack of depth and problems with the oline continue to plague us.

Reactions: 3 people
Fellas, we lost this game when Josh Malone let that pass bounce off his chest. I hate to point to one play, but that was the turning point.

Agreed.

This really changes nothing. We will thump Candy and be in a bowl game. Just with one less win. And we will still be hyped preseason next year.

Reactions: 1 person
Um yeah with 2 timeouts we could have gotten the ball back with 30+ seconds left. Losing that timeout gave us no chance. That was a flat out awful decision. I have no clue what our coaches were thinking.

Kinda like wasting nearly two minutes at the end of the first half plus 3 timeouts.

Awful awful decision to even.chance it but Mizzu could have made the FG and not made a difference with like 30 secs left.

Our offensive line was totally abused in this game by the missouri DL. That is why we lost. The right side, in particular, was horrid--turnstile blocking. Tennessee backfield? This way, please!

This is an ugly game. Clearly not our best performance. In fact, I'd say this is second only to the Florida game as our worst showing of the year just based on how we folded in the end. Some good fight but bad mental discipline and very questionable calls by the coaches. Disappointing, but we are all used to that by now. Puts a really bad taste in our mouths (yet again) going into the last game.

VN Store

Back