True fan/Sunshine pumper/negavol discussion (merged)

Not when you have a fanbase that is tired of losing

I suppose it's debatable but you have no way of knowing that Dobbs would have played this well against FLA or GA. Those are probably the only two games he could even had a chance to alter the outcome. Plus all the insiders (not just CBJ) thought Worley gave us the best chance to win. I think the better argument was not to play Dobbs sooner but maybe change up the offensive scheme to fit JW a little more. That is a realistic conversation to have. The Dobbs debate falls under hindsight bc the fact of the matter is that if He happened to struggle tonight then all of this second guessing wouldn't be happening.

Also, if the RS did happen and Dobbs took us to an SEC East title as 5th year senior then the move would have proven to be genius.

Last edited:
Seriously, some mistakes were made.. but mistakes are made by every team in every game.

So how are you going to try to ruin this win?

Record setting performance by our QB..

A senior type effort and production from Hurd..

Some HUGE 3rd down conversions from the beast Pig Howard..

When it really matters, our defense comes up HUGE in overtime with 2 sacks that drive SC too far back to make the FG..

The momentum our guys have going into a bye week is huge, because they have 2 weeks of practice with that win to drive them.

So what negatives are you going to create to try to further your Negative coach bashing agenda?

Please bring them on..

Excellent job! Not because they were flawless but because they made mistakes, overcame them, and proved that could win a game "like that one". Big win for Jones and the Vols. These are the kinds of games I've been concerned about... close ones against good opponents that slip away. This one didn't.

Going forward. UK has started being exposed. UT should beat them. Mizzou is very bad on O but has the best D of the remaining opponents. UT can win that one though. UT should beat Vandy.

Looks like a bowl season and a significant step in the right direction if they can finish the season out. The bye week could not have come at a better time.

PS- we can talk about the D breakdowns and questionable O playcalling later.:lol:

I suppose it's debatable but you have no way of knowing that Dobbs would have played this well against FLA or GA. Those are probably the only two games he could even had a chance to alter the outcome. Plus all the insiders (not just CBJ) thought Worley gave us the best chance to win. I think the better argument was not to play Dobbs sooner but maybe change up the offensive scheme to fit JW a little more. That is a realistic conversation to have. The Dobbs debate falls under hindsight bc the fact of the matter is that if He happened to struggle tonight then all of this second guessing wouldn't be happening.

True

I just look at the difference in playing a mobile QB versus a non mobile QB in an offense that requires a mobile QB

I take my chance with the mobile one

We gave up 42 points to South Carolina... Our Defense is obviously digressing. This needs to be addressed.

It does.

They also scored 42 on #2 Auburn though. Carolina can put up points, Spurrier has caught a bad case of the Sunseri's by switching to a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel and it shows on the field.

You don't enjoy anything good in the world...you've earned the right to hate yourself.

Who says I'm not enjoying it?

This team and coaches still have to improve to beat better teams

If you listen to the press conference Monday, I guarantee you Jones will say he's happy with the win, but improvement is still needed in areas

That's the ball game. On to Missouri

We gonna lose

Butch better man the hell up and take yhe blame for this loss. No coach speak no BS just take yhe blame. Also while he is at it he needs to go ahead and admit he is in over his head, he's not ready, he failed, his defense has too much quit in them, his OC is a moron, he is never going to play to win.

Our de is just ****ting the bed. Damn.

Getting out coached as usual. By the Ole ball coach. ( except last year of course)

Jancek= SUX and is way out of his league. FIRE or we will continue to play this pathetic. Damn this is tough to watch... we could be up by at least two TDs but we are pitiful on coverage...

This one is simply confusing:
Keep RUNNING the Dern ball...

How about a TE screen????

Butch lost this game just like he lost every game this year and last year. Get used it to folks. He makes Dooley look like a success.

I seriously don't care if Butch quits after today he is a dumbass

Jones looking like Muschamp...

This year we are the worst team in the SEC.

I will not be alive the next time Tennessee makes a bowl game.

I feel like it's a matter of time until we start seeing mass decommits like Michigan and Florida have.

I think the defensive freshman have hit the wall.

Just not the same effort, speed, intensity from the beginning of the season.

Shocking. We had bad play calling.

I agree with the pig sweep. Play has never worked.

Thats exactly it. And that's why Butch does not belong in the big leagues - unlike Spurrier who always plays to win Butch always plays not to lose - and that does not work agains top competition.

this Negavol is officially out for the night, which will make everyone happy. We lose to Cooper tonight and Jancek's lack of adjustments, not USC.... at this point, we will beat Vandy and that is it. This is sad.

Reactions: 33 people
Again, great win by the team tonight. A number of ups and downs but it came out on our side for the win. I really feel sorry for the ones who are trying to divide the fan base with the negavol name calling ****!

Great post Sly..

Please post additional dumb quotes you find, and lets enjoy this win by hackling the night away at some idiots.

Reactions: 10 people
I've already had my bit of fun.

The Internet! Where the dumb **** you say lasts forever!

(And don't I know it!)

Reactions: 3 people
Just for the record, SC had 535 yards of offense at Auburn last week. The SC team is on pace to set school records for both points and yards. Did the defense play as well as it should this week? No they didn't, but I have to go back years to find a Tennessee team that actually showed up when it mattered against any team of note. Hate the coaches all you want, but you have to give the coaches credit for developing players, recruiting lights out, and changing the culture of this program.

Who says I'm not enjoying it?

This team and coaches still have to improve to beat better teams

If you listen to the press conference Monday, I guarantee you Jones will say he's happy with the win, but improvement is still needed in areas

All I'm saying is give the guy some time to recruit and develop his own players. There is a reason that most AD's don't fire coaches after 2years. Putting his every decision under a microscope this early in his UT tenure is a bit unfair....especially after a big win. It gives the impression that you have unrealistic expectations.

Not seeing a thread about it - so I will ask here --- Who was that coach CBJ was yelling and cussing after the 85 yd TD run by SC ?

VN Store

Back