'13 TN OL Austin Sanders (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koolaid.jpg

:eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
I'm almost to the point where I'm about to say something because things don't make sense!

It wouldn't help anyway. Vent on here to us, but talking to coaches about playing time of kids during the season has always turned out bad for everyone involved. See Mitch Mustain. Just my opinion, and I'm absolutely feeling similarly to you, because it makes 0 sense that someone who looked as good as Austin wouldn't at least get a chance when our OL looks so bad.

Bad suggestion IMHO...vent to your family or a trusted friend. Don't put it out in a public forum where you've identified yourself as it could find its way back to someone who you didn't want to hear it.

No proof he's related on an Internet forum, and no media outlets would ever cite an anonymous source on a message board claiming to be someone.

My point was vent anywhere but to coaches or media.

it'd be better to, if it hasn't happened already, have the player ask to meet his coach and position coach and outline exactly what has to be done to get on the field during the game, especially with the struggles. If he is a tackle, it should be easy to do. Guards are actually not playing too badly. Not mistake free, but no linemen are.

Reactions: 2 people
it'd be better to, if it hasn't happened already, have the player ask to meet his coach and position coach and outline exactly what has to be done to get on the field during the game, especially with the struggles. If he is a tackle, it should be easy to do. Guards are actually not playing too badly. Not mistake free, but no linemen are.

Good point, but Jashon hasn't looked great. He's whiffed quite a bit and gets little to no push on most runs.

Last year, he was probably calling for Jancek's head. Our offensive line isn't very good this year, but it is indeed a process. We lost all five starters. We are starting two true freshmen. Give it time. It hasn't been two seasons yet. If we had a few returners from last year's OL, we would be 5-1 and Bajakian would look like a genius.

Everybody knows the OL is young. The concern everyone (including me) has is that 6 games into this season, there doesn't appear to be any improvement from game one. If anything they look like they've regressed. The UTC game was a real eye - opener for me in terms of just how awful this OL is playing. I admit that I'm no expert but you don't have to be a chef to know when something tastes terrible.

Good point, but Jashon hasn't looked great. He's whiffed quite a bit and gets little to no push on most runs.

I didn't say any have looked great. You have to see how they practice and also when lack of communication by the center or RT affects the RG as well.
I'm simply saying if the kid wants an answer, it's easy to get. Or he may already know, but don't let it stew or affect anything.
In my experience, if a kid goes to a coach the right way, asks what needs to be done to get on the field and does it, the coach can't keep him off, or the follow up meeting outlines what you did per coaches orders and that you are ready to play.

Reactions: 4 people
Surely Austin has had a 1x1 discussion to get mahoneys and jakes thoughts on how far away he is or isn't to playing more and what it would take. If that hasn't happened that should be first step before a parent steps in.

I took from butchs comments in opening presser he isn't so set on the current 5 if someone takes the spot in practice. He mentioned Moseley and Jonathan Johnson as examples of guys that earned start despite Pig and Williams being healthy based on practice that week

you never know. That shows a level of maturity and we have a very young team. There are more 19 yr olds that will sit and stew than the ones mature enough to take it to the next level.
And this is a general discussion. If Austin has done all of that and still not getting on the field, he deserves an answer. Frankly, sometimes coaches wait on that to happen because they know it's a big step up in the maturation process.

Bad suggestion IMHO...vent to your family or a trusted friend. Don't put it out in a public forum where you've identified yourself as it could find its way back to someone who you didn't want to hear it.

Better yet, create another screen name and go to town. Make it like "Vol_fan_in_Timbuktu" or something.

I didn't say any have looked great. You have to see how they practice and also when lack of communication by the center or RT affects the RG as well.
I'm simply saying if the kid wants an answer, it's easy to get. Or he may already know, but don't let it stew or affect anything.
In my experience, if a kid goes to a coach the right way, asks what needs to be done to get on the field and does it, the coach can't keep him off, or the follow up meeting outlines what you did per coaches orders and that you are ready to play.

This is quality advice.

If anyone thinks coaches are bull headed and stubborn then you forgot what costs Fulmer his job.

There is simply no reason why Brett and Austin haven't at least got some minutes. I know BK started the ASU game. I thought the 2nd team line looked better in the UTC game, particularly in run blocking.

Reactions: 3 people
you never know. That shows a level of maturity and we have a very young team. There are more 19 yr olds that will sit and stew than the ones mature enough to take it to the next level.
And this is a general discussion. If Austin has done all of that and still not getting on the field, he deserves an answer. Frankly, sometimes coaches wait on that to happen because they know it's a big step up in the maturation process.

I've said that repeatedly! Go ask! Sometimes the coaches want you to step up, if you sit in the back of the class , then they probably don't see you, let your presence be known!
If I go into an interview for a job promotion at my company and the upper management decides to go with someone of lesser experience, I'm gonna go in and ask what I may need to work on and possibly improve on for the next promotion!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
I've said that repeatedly! Go ask! Sometimes the coaches want you to step up, if you sit in the back of the class , then they probably don't see you, let your presence be known!

I think most everyone on here wants to see Austin get a shot at starting.

If I go into an interview for a job promotion at my company and the upper management decides to go with someone of lesser experience, I'm gonna go in and ask what I may need to work on and possibly improve on for the next promotion!

I have 3 boys. One would analyze going to ask and think about it then do it way down the line and tell me exactly what went on that would be 100% accurate. One would never go ask and tell me he did. One would be first in line to ask and never tell me he did.
He's a rs freshman. It'll all work out.

I have 3 boys. One would analyze going to ask and think about it then do it way down the line and tell me exactly what went on that would be 100% accurate. One would never go ask and tell me he did. One would be first in line to ask and never tell me he did.
He's a rs freshman. It'll all work out.

Haha, sounds about right.

[QUsorryOTE=#1Volfaninmo;107056see Austin get a shot at star
Sorry, had to delete, probably not such a smart idea!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back