'15 TN DE Kyle Phillips (UT commit 1/3/15)

Bottom line is proof is in pudding. Kids want to win. Kids like Alabama, they like Saban, but they like winning more. We better win some games. I know BUTCH understands how important this year is. If he flops it can kill recruiting or going 7 and 5 and win bowl game sling shots our recruiting. In my opinion philips,Roseboro, and deberry type players want to see marked improvement and wins

As do the fans.... #itstime

Bottom line is proof is in pudding. Kids want to win. Kids like Alabama, they like Saban, but they like winning more. We better win some games. I know BUTCH understands how important this year is. If he flops it can kill recruiting or going 7 and 5 and win bowl game sling shots our recruiting. In my opinion philips,Roseboro, and deberry type players want to see marked improvement and wins

Recruiting never ends

As do the fans.... #itstime

Patience is such a lost virtue in this world today. As bright as the future looks under Butch and as excited as we are about the 2014 class, we will still be extremely young and still lacking depth. From a strength standpoint alone, it will be hard for some of our true freshman to go up against juniors and seniors that have been in a college S&C program for 3 to 4 years. Remember, improvement in a recruit's eyes doesn't always equate to a bunch of wins. We could go 6-6, yet lose each of those six games by less than 10 points each, and a recruit will see that as dramatic improvement. And I am not saying that a dramatic improvement in wins does not help either, because it certainly does.

Reactions: 3 people
Patience is such a lost virtue in this world today. As bright as the future looks under Butch and as excited as we are about the 2014 class, we will still be extremely young and still lacking depth. From a strength standpoint alone, it will be hard for some of our true freshman to go up against juniors and seniors that have been in a college S&C program for 3 to 4 years. Remember, improvement in a recruit's eyes doesn't always equate to a bunch of wins. We could go 6-6, yet lose each of those six games by less than 10 points each, and a recruit will see that as dramatic improvement. And I am not saying that a dramatic improvement in wins does not help either, because it certainly does.

Good analysis.

His Mom had nothing but nice things to say about UT. We sat with Kyle and his Mom last fall for a game, and it was her first time there with Kyle. Nice family. She may have played for Vandy, but sure didn't seem to be an issue.

My man. Appreciate the info.

If this guys is that much of a lock, why hasn't he committed? I mean you don't just take a pic for prom throwing up the vol sign.

VN Store

Back