ZZ & KC together

A difficult matchup for opponents. Other than 3 pt shooting, beating people off the dribble is the best thing to break down a defense.

You can’t play them together all the time but for 4-5 min stretches, it can be lethal

3 guard offense with those two on the floor at the same time may be the best revelation of the two games this weekend.

Barnes could play a similar lineup compared to last years Baylor team.

Chandler and ZZ on the floor together seems to work the best.

Puts a lot of pressure on opposing defenses.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
This team can run with anybody when both Chandler and ZZ are on the floor. Would love to see CRB go with this lineup and play small ball with JJJ at the 4 and Vescovi at the 3. That would be some exciting basketball

I think Bailey is getting 'recruited over' now. He can shoot the 3 when he's on but that only happens 1 in 10 games. A liability for other 9.

3 guard offense with those two on the floor at the same time may be the best revelation of the two games this weekend.

I agree, think that 3 guard offense Barnes used would be a good one late in a game when protecting a lead. All 3 can shoot, make foul shots, drive the paint. I can see that working effectively for short stretches like in the last 3 minuets.

Reactions: lenoxvol
I don’t know basketball well enough to know if playing 2 small guards puts us at a big defensive disadvantage. Do we mainly play zone when ZZZ & KC are on the court together? Didn’t hurt us yesterday. I’m imagining how Villanova’s guards would immediately take ZZZ to the post if in man to man.

I don’t know basketball well enough to know if playing 2 small guards puts us at a big defensive disadvantage. Do we mainly play zone when ZZZ & KC are on the court together? Didn’t hurt us yesterday. I’m imagining how Villanova’s guards would immediately take ZZZ to the post if in man to man.
Yea, it’s gonna depend on opposition…not many teams have a PG like Nova that is 100% comfortable posting up and backing you down, but it’ll also be about the 2 guard, is it a 6’3”-6’5” comfortable posting up or pulling up mid range over 6’ Chandler??

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Yea, it’s gonna depend on opposition…not many teams have a PG like Nova that is 100% comfortable posting up and backing you down, but it’ll also be about the 2 guard, is it a 6’3”-6’5” comfortable posting up or pulling up mid range over 6’ Chandler??

Exactly….how many teams have a post up guard….it’s just not the way the game is usually played now.

I really like ZZ and Chandler, but both are still learning to play defense at this level. Santi seems to have figured it out and made a huge improvement not only on defense, rebounding as well. The three on the court together is a definite defensive liability, but you can’t argue with the way the offense runs with that lineup. Definitely a situational set.

I thought that despite ZZZ’s size, his defense was pretty good. He was a pest that was right in his man’s face, was very quick, and wasn’t fouling excessively.

Reactions: spyfish007
I thought that despite ZZZ’s size, his defense was pretty good. He was a pest that was right in his man’s face, was very quick, and wasn’t fouling excessively.
SV played pretty good defense this weekend as well. I think he had 5 steals across the 2 games.

He is so fast and quick it is hard for anyone to post him down low on the dribble. Might happen some, but with the new displacement rules he can make it tough on them by getting to the spot with position.

He is so fast and quick it is hard for anyone to post him down low on the dribble. Might happen some, but with the new displacement rules he can make it tough on them by getting to the spot with position.
Sure didn’t stop the Villanova pg from repeatedly ramming his shoulder into KC’s chest to improve his post position

Last edited:
I would think given their size, it would be less likely to see them in a zone.

VN Store

Back