Culinary, Arts, Thread.

For what year? Memphis is #1 in basketball recruiting this year.
Heck, I dunno. I know even less about hoops than football.

It was from 247:

tenn_bask001-jpg.233291

I didn't change it to begin with, but I don't @Behr would ever speak to me again if it got changed back.
I just muddle along with my Alerts, and only occasionally do I notice that threads have new names. Let's just say that I am easily surprised at my age.
post-20645-1119625378.gif

and I am still curious about the Bang Bang Shrimp or whatever they were

I just muddle along with my Alerts, and only occasionally do I notice that threads have new names. Let's just say that I am easily surprised at my age.
post-20645-1119625378.gif

and I am still curious about the Bang Bang Shrimp or whatever they were
Girl, at Bonefish Grill it's an appetizer. This is the ingredients for a copycat recipe for it:
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha
  • 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 3/4 cup cornstarch
  • canola oil for frying
I don't know what it is, the heat with the fatty buttermilk maybe? I don't know, but the first bite you put in your mouth changes you.

Girl, at Bonefish Grill it's an appetizer. This is the ingredients for a copycat recipe for it:
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha
  • 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 3/4 cup cornstarch
  • canola oil for frying
I don't know what it is, the heat with the fatty buttermilk maybe? I don't know, but the first bite you put in your mouth changes you.
I'm guessing that maybe this is where we move into the "umami" territory, which seems to mean some sort of amazingness that can't be defined.
Westerners are familiar with the four basic taste groups: sweet, sour, salty, and bitter. For some, the concept of umami, or the "fifth taste," may be new. Some crave umami, and there might be a biological reason for it. Both amniotic fluid and breast milk are high in the amino acids that deliver the taste of umami, which may prime a person to seek out this flavor profile throughout life.

Umami describes foods with an inherent savoriness.
I know that sometimes I eat something that I just don't have the vocabulary to describe, that just leaps above the known (to me) world of flavor and taste. That's where I say that I cook, but others create. All I can do is say wow, stand back, and applaud.

Reactions: vollygirl

VN Store

Back