Zion

Kinger

If I was Coach K, there is no way in the world that I would play Zion on Saturday against NC. If Duke loses without him, everyone will give them a pass because they aren't at full strength. If Duke does win, it keeps them up there as well.

Reactions: k-town_king
If I was Coach K, there is no way in the world that I would play Zion on Saturday against NC. If Duke loses without him, everyone will give them a pass because they aren't at full strength. If Duke does win, it keeps them up there as well.

If it were any other team I would agree. If it were a lower ranked team without something to gain I would agree. That would be 3 losses in the last couple of weeks.

You want Zion to get a rhythm back before tournament play. Not playing him is way worse of an idea than worrying about the result of the Carolina game

Reactions: volwindy
If he is cleared he should be playing - if doesnt play and is cleared and Duke loses they should drop out of the top 10 -- fed up with the ACC favoritism

But they won’t fall. Probably could lose to NC without Zion and still be a 1 seed. So much favoritism for them to use your word

But they won’t fall. Probably could lose to NC without Zion and still be a 1 seed. So much favoritism for them to use your word
and if they lose with Zion then what ? Still # 1 seed ? -- Kentucky is still projected as a # 1 seed (Lunardi of course)

Can't expect Zion to be his best self in his first game back, so if they lose, they still have a built-in excuse.

Reactions: DWright39
I’d be surprised if he plays at all for the rest of the year, I just don’t see his parents risking it

I’d be surprised if he plays at all for the rest of the year, I just don’t see his parents risking it
Probably not going to let him workout for teams in the draft. Then they’ll force whoever drafts him to bench him his whole career. Just not worth risking it

Even if they get dropped again by double digits the talking heads will give them an excuse. The last time they played NC they were unmotivated pick up basketball team. Year in and out they get kids that compete at a higher level than most. The fact that K couldn’t get his team refocused and energized is telling. There’s simply no excuse for teams that are loaded to lose by double digits.

Even if they get dropped again by double digits the talking heads will give them an excuse. The last time they played NC they were unmotivated pick up basketball team. Year in and out they get kids that compete at a higher level than most. The fact that K couldn’t get his team refocused and energized is telling. There’s simply no excuse for teams that are loaded to lose by double digits.
Sometimes I think I’m in my own Truman Show movie and the posters here sit around together and have “hold my beer, I’m going to say something completely idiotic just to bait VFB into responding” conversations

This is one of those moments.

I'm a firm believer in injuries being part of the game, and that a loss is a loss. I get that Duke hasn't been at full strength without him, but it is what it is. Those losses should still count against them. I doubt Tennessee would get the same consideration if Grant Williams was injured. It's a team sport. You should be rated by what you do on the floor night in and night out, as a team. Zion's absence shouldn't be an excuse for the rest of the team to play poorly.

Sometimes I think I’m in my own Truman Show movie and the posters here sit around together and have “hold my beer, I’m going to say something completely idiotic just to bait VFB into responding” conversations

I’m glad you recognize the issue here.

I know it’s a baseless and dumb assertion. I guess that’s the same.

If he’s cleared and healthy, he will play.

So you know what his parents and Zion are thinking? We can all assume he’ll play, but Nick Bosa did what is a possibility for Zion to do and he seems to be set for a high pick.

If he plays, great, but if he doesn’t play I wouldn’t be surprised. We’ll find out in a few days at the UNC game, if he doesn’t play in that then I’d start worrying if I was a Duke fan.

Duke gets a pass regardless.

You're the epitome of Duke fans and their attitude.

Are you a Duke fan? Because what he's saying is 100% correct.

Are you a Duke fan? Because what he's saying is 100% correct.
It’s not 10% correct. You lose the star player that is the driving force on any team, things change drastically. Regardless of the remaining star power. Barrett is top 3 pick, even with his struggles Reddish is probably a top 5, guaranteed top 10 pick, Jones likely goes late first round. But this Duke team was designed around how teams matched themselves to Zion. He made the whole thing go. Teams can’t recover from losses like that. Sorry you don’t know basketball

I have to say I am kind of surprised at how important Zion at least appears to be at this point to their success. There are 4 McDonald's All-Americans on that team; Zion is just one of them. The rest of the team appears lost when he isn't in there, despite them being very capable players themselves. This honestly doesn't appear to be Coach K's greatest coaching job.

Reactions: volwindy

VN Store

Back