Zay Green

mcannon1

"
π†π«πžπžπ§ 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐁𝐂𝐔 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐚π₯ 𝐏π₯𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 π–πžπžπ€ πŸ€

Arkansas-Pine Bluff guard Zaay Green has been named HBCU National Player of the Week. Green, a graduate student from Duncanville, Texas, averaged 19.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, 4.5 steals, 4.0 assists, and 1.5 blocks while shooting 64 percent from the field in helping lead the Golden Lions to a 2-0 record last week. In the Golden Lions’ victory over Alcorn State (2/5), she scored 18 points, grabbed 11 rebounds, handed out four assists, recorded three steals and two blocks, and made 7-of-13 shots from the field. This was her sixth double dobule of the season and third-straight.

Green.will be highlighted on the nationally syndicated sports talk show BOXTOROW with Donal"

Wish things had gone well for her at TN. If she hadn't torn her ACL maybe the drug problems never would have happened.

Watched a few games, crazy how she could be our Pg this year if she was still here.
I literally live 30 minutes from this school and went to see her play a couple of times and think this every time! She would’ve been so good for us last year with Horston and Jackson and this year with Jackson and Spear! Sis is eating the girls alive in the SWAC! πŸ˜‚

I literally live 30 minutes from this school and went to see her play a couple of times and think this every time! She would’ve been so good for us last year with Horston and Jackson and this year with Jackson and Spear! Sis is eating the girls alive in the SWAC! πŸ˜‚
She can score but she’s very unselfish and looks to get her teammates involved first. I would have picked final four for us last year and this year if we had her.

Which pg on our roster is better?
Actually it's very close to JP's stats. ZG is better on fg% 45 to 41, they're tied at a dismal 29% on 3s, and JP is a much better ft shooter, 77% to 63. JP avg 4.3 assists and 2.5 t.o. per game, Zay 5.6 assist and 3 t.o.s. Take into acct JP is playing against tougher competition.

Everyone loves the quarterback who's not playing.

Crazy thing fm looking up the SEC stats, Rickea is STILL not in them. At all. Even though she's played every SEC game. Apparently you have to play 75% of team's total games to have your SEC stats listed. She'd be 3rd or 4th in scoring 8th in rebounding.

Last edited:
Which pg on our roster is better?

Powell shoots practically the same percentage but against much better competition.

Zaay Green lol ... Not even tearing it up against all directional schools. Just volume shooting.

She doesn't have it, never did.

Reactions: Volfan2012
To see Zay is still playing is great considering she is close to being eligible for social security. I wonder if she is still smoking she never played to her rating seems that is happening with a lot of players these days.

Powell shoots practically the same percentage but against much better competition.

Zaay Green lol ... Not even tearing it up against all directional schools. Just volume shooting.

We will see when the wnba comes around, that will tell me who’s better. Do u think a team will take Powell over Green since u think she’s better?

She basically takes the same amount of shots as Rickea, would u say Rickea is a volume shooter?

She can score but she’s very unselfish and looks to get her teammates involved first. I would have picked final four for us last year and this year if we had her.

We will see when the wnba comes around, that will tell me who’s better. Do u think a team will take Powell over Green since u think she’s better?

I don’t care what anyone says, everyone on here knows if they was putting a team together they would take Zaay over Powell.
I don't doubt Zay would get a look in the W before Powell, simply bc of size. It's basketball, stats being roughly equal you'll always go w the size.

Everyone is entitled to their eyeball evaluations - you think Zay looks like she should be much better than JP. I'm just saying their actual oncourt performance doesn't bear that out. I'm not sure how having a pg with the same stats in a way less difficult league suddenly makes the LVs final four material.

Reactions: LV renaissance
I don't doubt Zay would get a look in the W before Powell, simply bc of size. It's basketball, stats being roughly equal you'll always go w the size.

Everyone is entitled to their eyeball evaluations - you think Zay looks like she should be much better than JP. I'm just saying their actual oncourt performance doesn't bear that out. I'm not sure how having a pg with the same stats in a way less difficult league suddenly makes the LVs final four material.
I haven't seen Zay play at her new school and frankly, neither of them are making a WNBA roster. But I think the argument in favor of Green is that she's putting up respectable stats as her team's go to player, while Powell can hunt for open shots that arise after scoring options #1, 2, 3 are covered. I think her shooting % is much better this year compared to when she was the go to at Minnesota, probably because she's not drawing the opposing team's best defender and she's getting open looks due to the inevitable double team on the LV post players.

Last edited:

You're crazy if you think either is getting drafted. I'll 100% take what Powell has done vs our schedule over what Green has done against the lowest echelon of the NCAA. I mean she plays for (11-11 209th ranked) Pine Bluff. PINE BLUFF!

I think the main piece we are missing is a pg and I think having her with Rickea and Spear would make us a threat, she has the size but also is a playmaker and passes when needed instead of forcing shots up. I’m not saying we would be a final four team but I would have the confidence is us making that run. And they don’t have similar stats at all, the only similar stats they have is if u compare Powells 5th year to Zaay’s freshman year here.

Attachments

• IMG_3788.jpeg
    IMG_3788.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3789.jpeg
    IMG_3789.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 5
You're crazy if you think either is getting drafted. I'll 100% take what Powell has done vs our schedule over what Green has done against the lowest echelon of the NCAA. I mean she plays for (11-11 209th ranked) Pine Bluff. PINE BLUFF!
ok so compare the stats from Zaay’s freshamn season right here in the Sec to Powell’s fifth season. So your telling me if he need to draft a pg to save your job u would take Powell over Green? And remember Zaay doesn’t have players like Rickea and Spear that the defense is focused on, Zaay is the main threat.

I’m not saying we would be a final four team
I would have picked final four for us last year and this year if we had her.
?
And they don’t have similar stats at all,
? ZG scores more and shoots more bc that's her role. Other than that, their stats are almost identical:
ZG is better on fg% 45 to 41, they're tied at a dismal 29% on 3s, and JP is a much better ft shooter, 77% to 63. JP avg 4.3 assists and 2.5 t.o. per game, Zay 5.6 assist and 3 t.o.s. Take into acct JP is playing against tougher competition.

ok so compare the stats from Zaay’s freshamn season right here in the Sec to Powell’s fifth season. So your telling me if he need to draft a pg to save your job u would take Powell over Green? And remember Zaay doesn’t have players like Rickea and Spear that the defense is focused on, Zaay is the main threat.

Zaay 39% / 21% / 69%

Powell 42% / 29% / 77%

VN Store

Back