Zakai's family

Nope, when I donated I was also charged a 15% tip. I was going by that as a gauge for their earnings.

I thought you all were referring to the total amount of money off the topline. Misunderstanding, my bad. I think the money in the "pot" on that page all goes to the Zieglar's except for the 3% processing fee. That's what I was referring to. I could be wrong, but I think I heard that the lump sum largely goes to the beneficiary now, which used to not be the case.

I thought you all were referring to the total amount of money off the topline. Misunderstanding, my bad. I think the money in the "pot" on that page all goes to the Zieglar's except for the 3% processing fee. That's what I was referring to. I could be wrong, but I think I heard that the lump sum largely goes to the beneficiary now, which used to not be the case.
That begs another question, is the Tip money included in the total collected or not?

Sorry Volly, but when I made my donation I saw no way to alter the amount. I was basically sent a receipt for the total amount charged. Not an amendable transaction. If I missed it, it's on me. Certainly wouldn't be first time I screwed up. :)

On the website from a browser it shows a bar with a slider. It sets it at 10% typically and then you can slide it all the way to the left to 0% or higher.

May be different if doing it mobile.

Reactions: lenoxvol
Sorry if this is a dumb question or it it's been addressed already, but didn't JJJ have a similar circumstance last year or the year before?

This makes me so happy for Zakai and his family. The emotional rollercoaster must have been insane—going from the pit of despair to the height of disbelief as support for the GFM campaign rolled in so quickly. Awesome.

My family has been through this before, and we unfortunately lost four people in one night. I'm glad nobody was hurt.

Sorry Volly, but when I made my donation I saw no way to alter the amount. I was basically sent a receipt for the total amount charged. Not an amendable transaction. If I missed it, it's on me. Certainly wouldn't be first time I screwed up. :)
They make you pay attention to it, that's for sure. It's easy to go on by without changing it.

This makes me so happy for Zakai and his family. The emotional rollercoaster must have been insane—going from the pit of despair to the height of disbelief as support for the GFM campaign rolled in so quickly. Awesome.

My family has been through this before, and we unfortunately lost four people in one night. I'm glad nobody was hurt.
Dang man, I am so sorry. How awful.

I don’t really have extra funds right now to donate but did so anyways. $5 for #5. That number is starting to become a special one at UT. Just off the top of my head recently, we have Lofton, Admiral, and now Zakai. They may have to institute something that only leaders may have the privilege of donning that number. Anyways, I know I would need assistance in their situation if the roles were reversed. I’m just thankful his family is ok. Belongings can be replaced, people cannot 🙏

That's partly why I brought it up. I love what we're doing for Zakai and family, but I don't really recall what was done for the James family. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.
I’ve been thinking of that as well. Maybe NIL has been why we’ve been able to help more now

Reactions: StickMan

I recently made a GFM donation for a close friend of mine and had the option. I gave them 5%.

I am confident a Vol fan who has real estate and financial experience could assist the family locating a home and assist in their move. Hopefully someone will Volunteer their expertise to assist this family in dire need. Tennessee is fortunate and welcomes this family to our great state!

It was mentioned by a reporter that the same thing could not have been done for JJJ last year due to NCAA rules in place at that time. While it was said he lost everything in his bedroom, don't know if house was a total loss. Hope they can all move to Knoxville and nephew can can get care thru Knoxville Children's Hospital.

VN Store

Back