Zakai Zeigler- Torn ACL

This is way too much like what happened with Hooker, as others have said. Team leader, number 5 torn ACL, second to last game before championship play.
I think with us “retiring” number 5 for Chris, but with Zakai still wearing it, I wouldn’t mind seeing it become a number one earns for being the hardest worker or something along those lines. That way Chris will still be honored but so will Admiral and Zakai

It’s official. Torn ACL for Zakai. Hate it so much for the team and especially for Z. He’ll overcome but it still sucks

This news is devastating but it will also give the team added motivation to possibly reach the Final Four and win a national championship for Sakai Seigler this season.

Reactions: Ericvol2096
This is way too much like what happened with Hooker, as others have said. Team leader, number 5 torn ACL, second to last game before championship play.
Wow, what a spooky coincidence. And people wonder why we have BVS!

Can't wait to see you back on the floor ZZZ

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
That team went on to have relatively good postseason success after the injury so maybe this team can really and make the S16 or E8?!?!

Reactions: Pennheel
ZZ carried this team on his back many times this year, and now it is up to his teammates to elevate him and bring their best game to every opponent we have till we hoist the NC banner.

ZZ - thank you for all you have done for those of us on VN that are starved for a strong Sweet 16 appearance. You are in my prayers and that of thousands of Vol faithful. Best of luck w your recovery and look forward to seeing you next season on the court.

Heartbreaking loss ,no doubt about it. A character guy all around. Looking forward to seeing him back later next year. The other guys now need to step up in his place because he's been the glue guy that's been holding it down. With Phillips and James back,that at least will balance things out a bit. Need someone to step forward at the point.

VN Store

Back