Your "woke" breaking point.

hndog609

I ran across this and it really got me thinking. I first heard of this guy from this story. (which is pretty amazing in and of itself)

Hoaxers Slip Breastaurants and Dog-Park Sex Into Journals

This particular piece is based primarily around this thought regarding when someone hits a wall about when "woke" is "too woke" in what is justifiable.

"Ask: When is enough, enough? Who has to get cancelled? Fired? How many people have to lose their livelihoods? How overt does the racism have to become? How many people have to humiliate themselves in “Antiracist” Struggle Sessions? Who has to be doxxed? Destroyed? Beaten up? Killed? Does it take a public lynching? Or would it take horrors we believed we left behind in the darker chapters of the twentieth century? Where is the uncrossable line between here and there?"

The Woke Breaking Point

The will all turn against Christians quite soon. When/if Biden is elected you will a turn against Christians. They will feel the brunt.

Reactions: DC_Vol
As long as you are consistent in your convictions, no matter the convictions, it should at least make it so we can tolerate one another, or at minimum avoid those whose convictions we disagree with.

Only when people push their convictions onto others is it a problem. No matter the righteousness of the conviction.

So, be woke enough to not assimilate or have anything to do with those you disagree with, don't start poking fingers or pushing in on anyone else's convictions. This is how physical altercations begin.

We should all be able to do this, and as long as no one is out plundering and pillaging and raping and murdering we can all just agree to disagree and turn our backs to one another.

Decades ago, I called some kid in elementary school a bastard for some reason or another. He told me I couldn't say that and told on me. I knew then that these people had to be stopped.

giphy.gif

The whole thing has gone way too far and we’ve been over that line for years.

As a society, we’ve allowed a group of people armed with a smartphone and social media accounts to set unreasonable expectations and demands of society as a whole.

They’ve taken away the concept of grace. They’ve demanded we forget that standards change over time. They’ve held people accountable today for positions they held decades ago.

At some point reasonable people are going to have to stand up to this madness and say I’m not going to be a victim of the mob.

Don't even get me started.

DC is correct, the concept of grace has been abandoned by those who are most publicly woke. It's tyranny.

I'm reminded of this quote

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C. S. Lewis

Don't even get me started.

DC is correct, the concept of grace has been abandoned by those who are most publicly woke. It's tyranny.

I'm reminded of this quote

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C. S. Lewis

I don’t remember seeing that before.

When "woke" became a right wing catch phrase for all things progressive, so as to immediately diminish any call for change, no matter how warranted or justified it might be.

If some individuals want to become “woke” that is fine with me. I understand that there are social and racial justice issues that people want to bring to light. We fortunately live in a country where matters like this can be addressed. If I don’t have enough insight or knowledge of the matter or agree/disagree, please don’t be offended because I have other sh1t to do like live my life. It is not a matter of not caring but due to time constraints, family obligations top the list.

Sincere Regards,

PJ

Last edited:
When "woke" became a right wing catch phrase for all things progressive, so as to immediately diminish any call for change, no matter how warranted or justified it might be.

Perhaps you could do something intellectually crazy...like address the question in the manner it was presented in the article.

You have to admit, the phrase is overused by the right to mock pretty much anything these days.

It is overused but why is it that a lot of the things people "now" have a problem are the same things done by the "Left" in the past? Only when the leftists decide something is wrong or racist that action must be swift and absolute. Some recent examples:

Referring to COVID 19 as the Chinese Corona Virus. When CNN used that or a similar phrase, no problem.
Mt. Rushmore. Plenty examples of presidents going there. Now it's a racist symbol.
Food labels. Why now?
4th of July.
Master Bedroom
The list can go on and on.

I'd say "woke" is an appropriate word. If you can explain it another way, please do so.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back