Your "sleeper" picks for the SEC divisions......

OffTackleVol

Most folks are picking Georgia and Florida as the favorites in the East. Tennessee is the easy sleeper pick; I don't see Vandy, SC, Ky, or Mz having much of a chance. Kentucky may be the only team from that group that has a winning record this season. In the West, I'm going with Texas A&M. 20 starters returning including their QB, Kellen Mond. The way their schedule sets up, they could easily be 10-0 going into the last two weeks of the season (at Alabama and hosting LSU).

GA/FL will continue to be the picks in the East until another team steps up and proves on the field they are a contender. Hopefully Vols will be that team. In the West: until A&M proves they can beat Bama they will just be preseason potentials. LSU is a big ?.

GA/FL will continue to be the picks in the East until another team steps up and proves on the field they are a contender. Hopefully Vols will be that team. In the West: until A&M proves they can beat Bama they will just be preseason potentials. LSU is a big ?.

Your sleeper picks?

East
Florida and Georgia aren't sleepers. I don't see Mizzou and Vandy doing enough to justify discussing. I think USCe will be better this year but still don't see more than 6 wins for them. I think UK has a chance to overperform again and get 8 wins. I don't think they will factor into the division discussion though.

I'd choose us as the sleeper in the East. I think we have a better chance to get to 6-2 in the league than UK and that might be enough to backdoor your way to Atlanta. I still think we are a year away though from that level though. We've been the worst team in the SEC the past 2 Septembers and our best chance to get to 6-2 is the UF game. We have to do something different early in the season.

West
Exclude MSU, Ole Miss, and Arky. They arent going anywhere this year. Depends on your definition of sleeper. I struggle classifying AM, Auburn, and LSU as sleepers. If your definition of sleeper is anybody but Bama, then I'd choose A&M. Their schedule is about as easy as it can get in the West.

Since the SEC broke into divisions:

Florida has represented the east 12 times.
Georgia has represented the east 8 times.
Tennessee has represented the east 5 times
Missouri has represented the east 2 times and
South Carolina has represented the east once.

Until Kentucky or Vandy break through at least once, they are not worth discussing.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
In the interests of thoroughness, as to the West:

Alabama has represented the west 12 times.
LSU has represented the west 6 times.
Auburn has represented the west 6 times.
Arkansas has represented the west 3 times and
Mississippi State has represented the West once.

Florida and A&M
I think the good old Bulldog choke and puke confuses the fact that the Gators are not elite.
The Aggies return a lot and have an easier way in.

Most likely? Georgia and Bama.

Best sleeper picks? Tennessee and Auburn. Only because you can't really justify calling Florida or LSU a sleeper.

A&M? Another good sleeper option in the West, could see it. But I think Auburn's a bit more likely.

Go Vols!

Reactions: JettVol
Auburn and A&M in the West, Fla and Tennessee in the east. Ky will be better and so will South Carolina

Has to be Auburn in the West. They draw Kentucky as their East opponent and have an easy OOC schedule imo.

Auburn lost their entire OL who were seniors and 3/4 DL. You don’t win in the SEC without the trenches. I don’t see Auburn any more than 9-3/8-4.

UT in the East.

I think LSU fades without Burrow... If you are going to call an "also ran" a sleeper then I would pick Auburn. But in reality the West should be less competitive than the East this year. I think Bama runs away with it even though I don't think they're as good as they were a few years ago.

I have a hard time saying GA or FL are a sleeper. We are really the only other team that could win the East without some major unforeseen occurrences.
West - AU. Bama the favorite. LSU has too much to replace and TAMA will choke somewhere

Reactions: QU1ZE
Most folks are picking Georgia and Florida as the favorites in the East. Tennessee is the easy sleeper pick; I don't see Vandy, SC, Ky, or Mz having much of a chance. Kentucky may be the only team from that group that has a winning record this season. In the West, I'm going with Texas A&M. 20 starters returning including their QB, Kellen Mond. The way their schedule sets up, they could easily be 10-0 going into the last two weeks of the season (at Alabama and hosting LSU).

Tennessee, Kentucky, Auburn, LSU are top 2 in each division for sleeper picks.

I would pick aTm for sleeper but most are predicting them at 2nd place in the West so that's not as much of a sleeper.

My Dormant Picks are: Ole Miss, MissSt, Arky, and Vandy! Schedule will bury SCAR as well.

VN Store

Back