Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

Ever heard of a professional league enforcing their own rules to its players/employees?

Yeah, dumbass. Been saying that if he broke the law or terms of the CBA, they should punish him in accordance with the terms of the CBA...

The NBA collective Bargaining Agreement isn't like the NFLs where the Comissioner has wide autonomy. It is much more player friendly

Listening to Vernon's podcast with some thoughts (maybe I'm just late to the game):
  • Vernon is actually being critical and owned defending Ja - he removed all benefit of the doubt
  • They were heavy on the role of alcohol, so I guess that is the treatment he is getting
  • Touched on rumor that someone on the live stream commented that it was his "real account" and that comment led to it being shutdown. Speculation that he was supposed to be on a private live stream account and failed miserably.
  • Said that Ja was genuinely ashamed on Saturday.
And the non-news reporting is now openly speculating on the gun on team plane narrative leading to a season ending suspension by the league.

Listening to Vernon's podcast with some thoughts (maybe I'm just late to the game):
  • Vernon is actually being critical and owned defending Ja - he removed all benefit of the doubt
  • They were heavy on the role of alcohol, so I guess that is the treatment he is getting
  • Touched on rumor that someone on the live stream commented that it was his "real account" and that comment led to it being shutdown. Speculation that he was supposed to be on a private live stream account and failed miserably.
  • Said that Ja was genuinely ashamed on Saturday.
And the non-news reporting is now openly speculating on the gun on team plane narrative leading to a season ending suspension by the league.
He definitely has an alcohol “problem” but that comes with the territory of being in your early 20s ha

Reactions: gordonr24
Yeah, dumbass. Been saying that if he broke the law or terms of the CBA, they should punish him in accordance with the terms of the CBA...

The NBA collective Bargaining Agreement isn't like the NFLs where the Comissioner has wide autonomy. It is much more player friendly
Oh okay. He did break terms of the CBA, dumb dumb. Likely broke Colorado state law if alcohol was involved with possession of firearm but we'll simplify it for you and keep that part out.

In short, what Ja did gives the commissioner the ability to suspend him for a definite or indefinite period of time or a fine up to $1M-- or both suspension and fine.

The NBA's is much more player friendly than the NFL's. Silver doesn't have the discretion like Goddell does in these situations....

There is a section on handguns. It can't be brought into arena or team facility. The players have to notify the league of ownership. It's quiet as to whether a team flight is considered a "facility".
Literally neither of these things you said here are accurate

Sigh. This seems undesirable, obviously

I am pro Ja as being our "guy" but damn man the theatrics off the court are major concern. Need a realization the NBAYoungboys of the world are not equals to what you have.
I’m ready to move on. I liked the kid, but he’s a f’n 🤡. Not surprised though

If I had access to tens of millions of dollars at 23 who knows how I'd act. I will give him that benefit of the doubt but he needs a reality check from someone with a brain

VN Store

Back