Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

I ain’t down. The next 5+ years are gonna be fun. More fun than the GnG era.

Gotta resign Tyus and let Kyle walk. Find a way to dump Brooks to a sucker franchise and get some value for him.

Do you guys not like slo-mo or is he somehow going to be expensive?

It’s difficult to be critical of Ja without being shouted at. He’s the greatest player Memphis has ever seen. They said, 20-5 without him deserves some conversation.

Game 4 felt like the old Grit-n-Grind days. High percentage shots, good ball movement, and low scoring. It also felt like GNG because we couldn’t put the warriors away and in critical moments couldn’t get crucial buckets.

we missed you around here

Dude called it on CP3 before it happened. 😂

CP3 didn't answer the question about his leg and I have yet to see footage of him limping around (and I've been looking, even re-watched him shaking hands with dudes).

You see a guy go from something like 25 and 10 for 8 games and then suddenly he's doing 9 and 7, not taking shots, and it's clear you either have an injury or an old guy who gassed out. What else are we supposed to conclude...that he just decided he didn't want the ball anymore? So stupid.

Bev is always on the revenge tour. This is an old dude that cooked prime Bev last year and Bev is throwing **** at the wall and it sticks with some people.

CP3 didn't answer the question about his leg and I have yet to see footage of him limping around (and I've been looking, even re-watched him shaking hands with dudes).

You see a guy go from something like 25 and 10 for 8 games and then suddenly he's doing 9 and 7, not taking shots, and it's clear you either have an injury or an old guy who gassed out. What else are we supposed to conclude...that he just decided he didn't want the ball anymore? So stupid.

Bev is always on the revenge tour. This is an old dude that cooked prime Bev last year and Bev is throwing **** at the wall and it sticks with some people.

Nobody in this thread likes Bev either. A lot of the CP3 animosity still stems from the LA Floppers era or when he took a shot at Marc Gasol’s abdomen, when he had an abdominal injury.

Nobody in this thread likes Bev either. A lot of the CP3 animosity still stems from the LA Floppers era or when he took a shot at Marc Gasol’s abdomen, when he had an abdominal injury.

CP3 no doubt is super annoying. It is funny how you end up liking most of the shenanigans when he's your guy (although I did love Chris before he was my guy, despite the shenanigans).

Glad to have you back, Nerd. VN and this thread has missed you.

To add to it, ball movement is slower with Ja on the floor and it’s even worse with Brooks, because he plays hero ball. I’d like to see Zaire develop more this off-season and take that next step and be inserted into the starting lineup next year.

I honestly was not excited/expected much from Ziairie ( I think that’s how he spells it) this year but he really impressed me for a skinny 19 year old. I just know that he and grizz staff are going to work on his shot creation off the dribble this off-season. We saw glimpses of it throughout the season and the potential is there. He’s got the hops and shooting form to really have a deadly midrange. Super excited to watch him grow. Also, I forgot about this forum. Damn wish I would have remembered about it this season. But I got two youngins under 2 that keep me busy. Hell of a season everyone. Future is bright.

I honestly was not excited/expected much from Ziairie ( I think that’s how he spells it) this year but he really impressed me for a skinny 19 year old. I just know that he and grizz staff are going to work on his shot creation off the dribble this off-season. We saw glimpses of it throughout the season and the potential is there. He’s got the hops and shooting form to really have a deadly midrange. Super excited to watch him grow. Also, I forgot about this forum. Damn wish I would have remembered about it this season. But I got two youngins under 2 that keep me busy. Hell of a season everyone. Future is bright.

Stick around. Lots of us in here including myself, @YankeeVol @95 Vol Alum @TBrown to name a few have been posting in this thread for over 10 years.

Last edited:
Looks like we pick 22 and 29.. not great.

Yeah, the Lakers part of the Pelicans deal was disappointing.

The team gave up a TON of cap space/flexibility to get Ziaire. OKC turned less cap space/flexibility than that into 3 1sts. Ziaire will need to become a Bane caliber player for the deal to be worth it.

Yeah, the Lakers part of the Pelicans deal was disappointing.

The team gave up a TON of cap space/flexibility to get Ziaire. OKC turned less cap space/flexibility than that into 3 1sts. Ziaire will need to become a Bane caliber player for the deal to be worth it.
I think ZW will turn out to be pretty decent.

I’ve been hopeful that we can package our two firsts to move up a few picks to get KC. A great replacement for Tyus and already has a relationship with Ja

VN Store

Back