Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

Some perspective

That tweet ignores them giving up Crowder and Hill.

They actually turned a trade exception, Crowder and Hill into all that stuff. And my perception is that Waiters and Johnson aren't a long term anything and may disrupt the short term gains.

So they turned a trade exception, Crowder and Hill into Winslow and a 1st round pick. And Winslow has missed significant time in 2 of 5 seasons. So, if he is truly injury prone/damaged goods....

They will have turned a trade exception, Crowder and Hill into a 1st round pick that they already had before giving up Crowder and Hill.

At least that's my nitpicking view. Of course, I will be glad to be wrong and happy to admit as much if it goes well.

Reactions: TBrown
Considering we are about 3 wins from what I would have estimated as our season total before the year started, I can’t feel too negative about this front office.

Reactions: Vol49er
Final breakdown:

1. Iggy for Waiters. Cancels out.

2. Crowder and Hill for Winslow and Dieng.

Rotation is improved if Winslow gets healthy.

Reactions: YankeeVol
Considering we are about 3 wins from what I would have estimated as our season total before the year started, I can’t feel too negative about this front office.
You can say we just got a bunch of **** on a stick without being negative about the front office.

Grizz aren’t keeping Waiters.

No Waiters or Johnson = GOOD

giphy.gif

Im not a huge fan of the trades today. This is the first head scratcher the new front office has made so they get benefit of doubt. My concerns

1. Winslow carries a ton of injury risk. We dont have best medical track record.

2. Would have the Grizzlies been better off using cap space to facilitate other deals this summer and next trade deadline and acquire more draft capital. I think teams will be rushing to clear space next Feb at trade deadline and the Grizz gave up their flexibility.

I think Riley and Heat def won trade. They made themselves better this year and gave themselves more flexibility for next year.

Reactions: TBrown
Final breakdown:

1. Iggy for Waiters. Cancels out.

2. Crowder and Hill for Winslow and Dieng.

Rotation is improved if Winslow gets healthy.

Before he signed with the Grizz, Chandler Parsons (who many deemed damaged goods at the time of signing) averaged 68 games per season. Winslow hasnt played over 68 games in 4 years.

Considering all the assets we got with the cap space fron trading Conley, I think it's too risky to give up our cap space next year in order to get Winslow.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back