Your Latest Experience Dining Out

Had dinner at The Crossing. Appetizer was fire wheel shrimp - medium shrimp w/o tails lightly breaded & fried with rings of various fresh hot peppers. Good prep & presentation. Wife's entree was baked salmon with sweet potato. Both were perfectly done. My entree was rack of lamb with grilled asparagus. The rack was cut into chops for finishing, so the meat was past medium rare, but still moist & tender. These were plated atop a reduction which was quite salty. I confess to applying it to the asparagus rather than the lamb. We shared a dessert that was the restaurant's take on bananas Foster (not named that in deference to the Nawlins originator). It was the perfect finish.

Reactions: volwindy
Optimist Hall in Charlotte - essentially a food court with local restaurants. Got stuff from three places to share. Highlight was the chicken and waffle taco. Chicken with greens, gravy, and bacon in waffle taco shell

So good!
MVIMG_20200308_123141.jpg

was in Knoxville this weekend and on sunday was looking for a place for brunch. Stumbled across Colonel's Cafe off Kingston Pk. Very interesting. It wasnt a traditional southern breakfast, more like the south meets the Mediterranean. Scrambled eggs with cream cheese and chives were fantastic. The fried potatoes were done in olive oil. Really good. A pancake the size of a hubcap and very tasty. The place isnt big and the service isnt the quickest but its not bad. I'll go back

There's a diner in Buckhead called The White House that was started in the late '40s by a Greek immigrant so thankful for his citizenship that he named his business after the Presidential residence. It's still operating, serving American and Greek comfort food. Great made from scratch chicken and dumplings.

Reactions: volwindy
Detroit pizza baked in the square metal bins from the auto parts warehouses...

Forgot to post this last weekend, but I posted it in the what you had for dinner thread. Local upscale restaurant with a meal deal! Steak, pork, pimento Mac and cheese, mushrooms, salad, cornbread, and cheerwine chocolate cake. Rocky gets to go to the curbside pickup with us! Had leftovers all this week.

MVIMG_20200321_180549.jpg
MVIMG_20200321_183812.jpg
MVIMG_20200321_183107.jpg

Our next weekly local support. This restaurant has 3 locations in the area and decided to temporarily close 3-4 weeks ago. They decided to reopen one location on Wednesday to see if they could handle this new takeout way of doing things. Had to go support that!

They are a rotisserie chicken restaurant and specialize in dishes with that. Their chicken pot pie is amazing, already have one in the freezer, this one is going there too.
MVIMG_20200411_122509.jpg

VN Store

Back