Youch - Luke, Odom and Morris all fired this season...

It’s a good bet that Kiffin ends up at 1 of these spots
Would rather have Kiffin at Arkansas than Missouri. Could he end up at FSU?
Kiffin at FSU would be fun. We never see him and he gets to go against Florida ever damn year!
That's the main reason I would want Kiffin in Tallahassee... just to wreak misery on the Gators.

Realistically Vandy and uSCjr coulda fired their coaches too. Think Vandy made a good choice in keeping Mason. Dunno what the hell USCjr is doing by keeping Muschamp

It’s a good bet that Kiffin ends up at 1 of these spots
Would rather have Kiffin at Arkansas than Missouri. Could he end up at FSU?
Kiffin at FSU would be fun. We never see him and he gets to go against Florida ever damn year!
That's the main reason I would want Kiffin in Tallahassee... just to wreak misery on the Gators.
Who's Youch?
Not a who—just another slang way of saying "Ouch". Like, "ouch", another coach got fired. A better description is to say it is a combination of Yow (used to express excitement, joy, or surprise) and Ouch. I also should have put an exclamation mark after Youch.

Last edited:
Kiffin has it made right now at FAU. Plus he is under contract until 2027 and he has stated in interviews he has no intention of leaving anytime soon. Of course we have heard other coaches say that same exact thing before.

Ole Miss and Arky can't get worse so probably a good move for them. Muschamp would be gone if not for his buyout.

Muschamp will not be fired! He had one of the toughest schedules in all of football; while losing his top 2 quarterbacks while playing a 3rd string transfer in all 12 games.
they Lose to #1 Bama, #1 Clemson, Beat #3 Georgia, Ky, lose to Fla. Tenn. Texas A M. The only bad loss was to Appalachian State.

This may seem off topic, but what are yalls thoughts on this players comments regarding the coach firing, particularly the part about the fans? I know many of these guys sign simply because they love the coach, but it seems to point to a real disconnect in the team and the fanbase. I think about UTs players loving the (sometimes overly harsh) fan base and love playing for the university. Doesn't seem like a good think for players to have this mindset, IMO.

"But you realize, there's no program without players," Tuitt said. "You're basing stuff off the fans. But we don't care about the fans that much. I'm going to be honest. We're here for the coach. We love football. If you don't want to support us, that's just your fault."

There have been a lot of bad firings this year IMO.

Taggart inherited a rebuilding job similar to the one Pruitt inherited, but got canned after 1.5 years. Morris did poorly, but he also inherited talent that was totally unsuited for his own offense and needed at least 3-4 years to conceivably succeed. Luke was the sacrificial lamb at Ole Miss; no coach was going to succeed there under probation, but Luke actually did a reasonable job. Odom got dealt a bad hand with Mizzou on probation.

Meanwhile, the coach that most deserves to get fired (Muschamp) gets to stick around for another year. Muschamp has inherited two programs in good shape and managed to turn them both into losing programs.

Charlie Strong deserved to get the ax. He ran the program that Willie Taggart built up into the ground.

Kiffin will definitely get a look somewhere; maybe Arkansas or Florida State. Norvell is about to get a big raise regardless of whether he stays or goes.

I think Taggart is a very good coach who got screwed over at FSU. Good chance South Florida rehires him.

There were too many programs with high expectations in the head coach market at the end of the 2017 season. Not many got who they and their fans wanted. Lots of reach hires and bad fits.

VN Store

Back