You guys. . .

Are pretty awesome. In a new hire we get a lot of things. . . y'all are gonna scrap your jorts when you see what's on the field this year. . . especially those who think we don't have the players.

I'm not saying were 6-6 (15-0), but y'all are discounting these boys @ UTK as not good enough.

They are gonna prove you wrong under these coaches. They might not be 7-5 (15-0), you will be happy with what you see, compared to what you been watching.

Check my stats.

818k1CLbUbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Not sure how soon it will happen, but Heupel’s offense is going to produce. If you don’t think so, then you are either ignorant or stupid.

Look who's back in the SEC East: Josh Heupel takes over at Tennessee | Mizzou Sports News | stltoday.com

Through 24 SEC games as Missouri’s OC and two bowl games as HC of UCF, Huepel’s offense is averaging 29pts per game vs SEC competition. I guess I’m ignorant and stupid for using math, statistics and a 2+ year trend over some writer’s opinion article that I’ve never heard of, but I’ll stick to what the numbers on the scoreboard say until I see otherwise

Not sure how soon it will happen, but Heupel’s offense is going to produce. If you don’t think so, then you are either ignorant or stupid.

Look who's back in the SEC East: Josh Heupel takes over at Tennessee | Mizzou Sports News | stltoday.com

By the way, did you read the article you posted? It doesn’t help your case...

• In 2016, the Tigers averaged 49 points and 609 yards per game in nonconference games … and just 22.6 points and 446 yards in SEC games.

• In 2017, the Tigers averaged 51.3 points and 579.5 yards against non-winning FBS teams … and just 18 points and 372.7 yards against winning FBS teams.

Fixing the QB position will go a long way toward putting something on the field that resembles offense. It all centers with that position. Leadership, production, actually moving the chains consistently would be a nice change.

I doubt if anyone will miss the ground and pound attack that was at the heart of the numerous losses of this past season....

Pruitt's offense was truly archaic....And so boring to watch...
Fulmer made the classic mistake of analyzing the recent past and determining that the way to win NCs was by emulating Saban's 2010-2018 teams with a strong defense. Fulmer consciously only looked at defensive coaches. He failed to realize that we are entering the beginning of an offensive cycle.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results, Phil. Obviously, Fulmer's role in that West Knoxville financial investing firm was to glad hand and get people in the door.

This board is going to loose its mind if Heupel’s offense averages in the 20’s against SEC competition

Well against P5 he averaged 24 in on 2016 and just shy of 30 in 2017. His stats were padded against sisters of the poor. Dooley averaged 32 in 2018 against P5

Reactions: VaBornVol
Are pretty awesome. In a new hire we get a lot of things. . . y'all are gonna crap your jorts when you see what's on the field this year. . . especially those who think we don't have the players.

I'm not saying were 6-6 (15-0), but y'all are discounting these boys @ UTK as not good enough.

They are gonna prove you wrong under these coaches. They might not be 7-5 (15-0), you will be happy with what you see, compared to what you been watching.

Check my stats.
Fyp

And likewise, good coaching can overcome lack of talent. Unfortunately, we've been plagued w both for sooooooooooo long!! :(
You mean to tell me we paid for bad players? Wtf

EDIat: Given the current climate in America and how most of the people on this website are I feel like I need to state blue font for my post above this edit. It's a sad day that I have to do this or people will get butthurt bc they can't handle words that they read over the internet lol.

Reactions: Volador
This board is going to loose its mind if Heupel’s offense averages in the 20’s against SEC competition

How did he do at Missouri?

That will be a fair measuring stick though a very short one.

Think he will do well.

How did he do at Missouri?

That will be a fair measuring stick though a very short one.

Think he will do well.

He’s stats at Missouri are exactly what I used to form my expectations. I hope he lights it up here, but his stats at Missouri are greatly padded by out of conference play. In 16 SEC games he was held to one touchdown or less six times, and was shutout once. He did put up 50 points once, but that was against us. Most of his games were 30pts or less. I like to give Heupel credit for his two bowl games against the SEC while at UCF because he hit 30+ in both.

Like I said, I hope he does great here. I’ve been called a Negavol, ignorant and stupid because I don’t expect anymore from Heupel than what an 18 game SEC track record tells me. We could all argue until we’re blue in the face but the real world, no debate, actual numbers on the scoreboard say to expect a final score in the 20s until they don’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtnvol80
He’s stats at Missouri are exactly what I used to form my expectations. I hope he lights it up here, but his stats at Missouri are greatly padded by out of conference play. In 16 SEC games he was held to one touchdown or less six times, and was shutout once. He did put up 50 points once, but that was against us. Most of his games were 30pts or less. I like to give Heupel credit for his two bowl games against the SEC while at UCF because he hit 30+ in both.

Like I said, I hope he does great here. I’ve been called a Negavol, ignorant and stupid because I don’t expect anymore from Heupel than what an 18 game SEC track record tells me. We could all argue until we’re blue in the face but the real world, no debate, actual numbers on the scoreboard say to expect a final score in the 20s until they don’t.

I havent checked his Missouri stats but if what you say is correct than your assumption is fair. I wonder why he did better in his two bowl games though? Was he given limits at Missouri?

Reactions: VaBornVol
I havent checked his Missouri stats but if what you say is correct than your assumption is fair. I wonder why he did better in his two bowl games though? Was he given limits at Missouri?

I honestly don’t know much about his time at Missouri. Some of his best conference games were in the second half of his second year. He may have been held back because I think Odom is a defensive minded coach and may have wanted to protected his defense.

I think he had Locke for a couple of years, but I’d venture to say overall Heupel’s UCF teams were probably better than those Missouri teams.

Reactions: NEO and Enki_Amenra
Are pretty awesome. In a new hire we get a lot of things. . . y'all are gonna scrap your jorts when you see what's on the field this year. . . especially those who think we don't have the players.

Check my stats.
I really wanted Pj Fleck before it's said and done he is going to be a damn good coach I'm not upset with the CJH hire especially considering how close we came to getting dykes or Elliot I guess that was the point give us some really bad options so mediocrity doesn't look so bad.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I doubt if anyone will miss the ground and pound attack that was at the heart of the numerous losses of this past season....

Ground and pound? More like cease and desist.

I really wanted Pj Fleck before it's said and done he is going to be a damn good coach I'm not upset with the CJH hire especially considering how close we came to getting dykes or Elliot I guess that was the point give us some really bad options so mediocrity doesn't look so bad.
They were a lot closer to going after Chadwell than a lot believe.

If this offense gets rolling it will be awesome to watch. . . on the other hand, it can be one of the most frustrating things to see if it isn't hitting on all cylinders.

How long have you been around? C’mon, you know how this works. After a loss or 2, half of us will be trashing this offense and clamoring for the ground and pound.
And probably 1/4 of us will be calling for CJH’s head and firing up the Kiffin threads.
GBO!!

Soon

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back