You don’t want Mike Leach and here’s why

Because his QB is clueless and when the offensive line finally gets it together he over throws Wood Anderson. And when he finally makes a good read our best player thus far (Juan Jennings) bats the ball in the air. Bc the qb can’t pump fake and gets balls swatted in the air.....what else princess?

Princess?
My comment was rhetorical, by the way. I don't know what color font that would be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volanta
If he won 26 games in one season then we definitely missed out by not hiring him.

I said I wasn't going to pull out the stats on WSU because I've done that enough but I guess I have to. From 2004 to 2011 they went 29-40 (32-49 if you want to put Leach's 1st year in there), it took just 3 seasons with the Leach/Grinch combo (2015-2017) to almost equal the total wins WSU had prior to that. I'm not sure what some of ya'll are expecting him to do. He is working miracles simply turning WSU in a respectable program. There is only so much one can do at places like Pullman and Lubbock.

We should have hired Leach and went after Pruitt as DC. Although Pruitt wouldn't have left Bama for the same spot at UT...so we would end up with what WSU has and Tx Tech was...winning by simply outscoring.

If our revolving door of HCs have taught us anything, it’s that even a former trumpet player with no playing experience can recruit to Tennessee.

I’m convinced that even with a Top 20 recruiting class Leach could get us back to 10 wins in a couple years. Give him a strong DC and recruiting staff and we would be off to the races running track meets every Saturday.

I know it won’t happen and the ship has sailed, but we could have hired leach, scored points, won games, enjoyed press conferences, had fun.
Your crystal ball tell you this or is it wishful thinking ? Perhaps you're delusional. 1st year he'd had JG, mcbride, and whatever the portal offered. Likely would have won the same 5 Pruitt did.

Until he’s fired in year 2 for not winning the conference

Hmmm
Winning the conference..
This staff should first focus on eating GEORGIA STATE!!!

If we were 3-1 right now as we should be nearly evryone would be happy with these coaches. However, losing to GS is the biggest issue. Even 2-2 with those losses to UF and BYU very few would be upset.

We should have hired Leach and went after Pruitt as DC. Although Pruitt wouldn't have left Bama for the same spot at UT...so we would end up with what WSU has and Tx Tech was...winning by simply outscoring.
Which has proven to be a formula that doesn’t work in the SEC.

Reactions: AM64
"Defense wins championships."
So how come the brilliant defensive mind of Pruitt is 1 - 3 and well on his way, apparently, to 1 - 11, OP?
Well you sure don't win championships with out defense. Leach has proven that. If we had any thing that resembled an offense, we would be at least 3-1 and maybe 4-0.

Reactions: AM64
Your crystal ball tell you this or is it wishful thinking ? Perhaps you're delusional. 1st year he'd had JG, mcbride, and whatever the portal offered. Likely would have won the same 5 Pruitt did.

My crystal ball tells me we wouldn’t be 1-3 right now or have the record we have over the last 6 games. It delusional to think we would have lost to GSU and got blown out by Florida with leach as our coach.

Even if he could get 50% of his current production from JG we are still looking at a 300 yard passer yesterday. The leach hate around here is some of the dumbest ‘ish I’ve ever heard.

Not saying he is the next Saban or could beat him, but even a 2 year old should be able to see he would have been a better hire than Pruitt to this point.

I won't watch that 54-50 score junk. That's 7 on 7 or two hand sissy touch ball. Please, don't call that football. I run the 'hurry up' myself when two teams come on that play that style. I 'hurry up' to get the channel switched.

Mike Leaches team had 6 turn overs and allowed a horribly coached Chip Kelly team to come back from being down 32 points at the half.

Let that sink in. 32 POINTS AT THE HALF.

Coach Mike Leach’s team then lost 67-63.
This man can’t coach defense.

Defense wins championships. I’m assuming the desired goal of every volnation fan is to 1 win games and 2 start winning championships again. Well you can’t win either (at least as consistently as we wish) without a defense.

Please sit down and stop suggesting Tennessee hire this guy. Because 2 years after he coaches here and he makes us pay him millions to make up for the embarrassment the first time around you’ll be calling for his head too. Funny how people play fast and loose with money that’s not theirs. “Fire this guy! Hire that guy!” “Sure it’ll put us in debt another 25 million plus, to pay for them and their staffs buyout while simultaneously paying for the new head coach and their staff but do it! I can’t go to work and get made fun of anymore. It hurts! FAHHHRRRRR BUTCH, I MEAN PRUUIIIIOTTTTTT”
Mike Leach doesn't play on defense, and no one in the world saw that coming from UCLA. I'd take Leach over Pruitt 8 days a week. His QB, third in 3 years, threw 9 TDs and almost 700 yards IN ONE DAMN GAME. JG can't do that in 6 games. You are an insufferable fool if you can't see that he's a better coach than Pruitt. At least defense isn't what he claims to be good at, unlike CJP.

Leach has already coached in the sec as an oc for Kentucky the gimmick offense didn’t work then and won’t work now. We need to be running pro style with shrout

KY's offense was prolific under Leach. The Wildcats were horrible before Mummy and Leach got there but went to a bowl in their third year.

I remember lots of blowhards like you saying Urban Meyer's spread offense wouldn't work in the SEC.

I won't watch that 54-50 score junk. That's 7 on 7 or two hand sissy touch ball. Please, don't call that football. I run the 'hurry up' myself when two teams come on that play that style. I 'hurry up' to get the channel switched.
It's more entertaining than 34-3 disasters and losing 28 out of the last 34 against our "rivals". Your butt would be glued to the TV if Tennessee was scoring 50 and you're lying if you say you wouldn't be.

Reactions: PhilFulmersGut
Not giving up 30+ in a half.
His offense works because they don’t play good defense period.
Stop putting some bubble around him.
It wouldn’t work in today’s SEC and the only places it works is in conferences were Defense is an afterthought
He had a top 15 defense last year, but keep drinking that Pruitt koolaid. Where did ours finish? I'll wait.

Going into last night's game WSU was 8th in total defense. 8th. Don't even compare schedules, because we played 3 easy games to start, and have better recruits and we're at 60th through 3 games.

Leach’s offense has already worked in 3 different conferences, including the SEC.

Of course it would work here. Pair him with a stud DC and recruiting staff and football will be fun again. Quick.

Leach is an offensive coach who has had very good offenses where ever he has been. That indicates talent. Pruitt is supposed to be a defensive coach but his guys can't even line up correctly or play an entire game. So far Pruitt's defense is making everybody we play a Heisman candidate. Give me Leach over Pruitt any day.

No it’s not! It’s not football! It’s where guys like Gardner Minchu (QB for the Jacksonville Jaguars) or however you spell his last name, go to get their stats to make the NFL. That’s it.
Why go into every season knowing you have a glaring Achilles heel (your putrid defense) and you never fix it therefore you get the same result. That is literally the definition of insanity.
Are you illiterate? His defense going into last night was 8th in the country in total YPG allowed. We were 60th, playing GA ST, BYU and UTC. Last year his defense was top 15 and they were RANKED in the top 10 with his "non working" system. Is Pruitt cutting you a check for your nonsense?

We perhaps should give the UCLA coach, who is also in his second year of rebuilding and is furthermore very reliant on players he didn't recruit, credit for having his team motivated enough to fight back and win.

Pruitt had our guys so motivated that the Florida head coach had his team in controlled scrimmage mode well before halftime.

As I pointed out last night, in the greatest era of SEC football, the league is 19-16 vs the Pac 12. Barely above .500. Leach is at the Vanderbilt/Miss State of the Pac 12. Imagine a coach going 11-2 at Vandy. Hell, one won 9 games and got the Penn State job.

Reactions: Herman Hickman
Mike Leaches team had 6 turn overs and allowed a horribly coached Chip Kelly team to come back from being down 32 points at the half.

Let that sink in. 32 POINTS AT THE HALF.

Coach Mike Leach’s team then lost 67-63.
This man can’t coach defense.

Defense wins championships. I’m assuming the desired goal of every volnation fan is to 1 win games and 2 start winning championships again. Well you can’t win either (at least as consistently as we wish) without a defense.

Please sit down and stop suggesting Tennessee hire this guy. Because 2 years after he coaches here and he makes us pay him millions to make up for the embarrassment the first time around you’ll be calling for his head too. Funny how people play fast and loose with money that’s not theirs. “Fire this guy! Hire that guy!” “Sure it’ll put us in debt another 25 million plus, to pay for them and their staffs buyout while simultaneously paying for the new head coach and their staff but do it! I can’t go to work and get made fun of anymore. It hurts! FAHHHRRRRR BUTCH, I MEAN PRUUIIIIOTTTTTT”
Well, if those know-it-alls with all that money had hired a competent coach in the last 4 tries we wouldn't be in this spot!!!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back