You could see the “ghosts of NCAAs past”

wmcovol

Jump on the backs of these guys in the second half. When FAU kept it at 4 for the first 8-10 minutes, you could sense Tennessee tighten up. Refs helped FAU with the momentum but most of the pressure was internal. JMO.

We looked tight all night. Pretty embarrassing for a veteran team like this to be more overwhelmed by "the moment" than an FAU team with a lot of underclassmen. You could just look at Olivier's body language in this game and compare it to his body language in the Duke game and see he mentally was not there. This team hated being the "hunted" this year. I don't know why, but they pretty much only got up for the games against named opponents.

We looked tight all night. Pretty embarrassing for a veteran team like this to be more overwhelmed by "the moment" than an FAU team with a lot of underclassmen. You could just look at Olivier's body language in this game and compare it to his body language in the Duke game and see he mentally was not there. This team hated being the "hunted" this year. I don't know why, but they pretty much only got up for the games against named opponents.

It was odd seeing us look a step slow. ON and JJJ especially looked like they were running in mud, and ON's effort on some rebounds was just patehtic.

Reactions: lynnh
I agree they got tight. That tightness led to some pretty erratic shot selection. Aidoo was the best shooter of the night by a huge percent.

I was shocked they made it this far due to the erratic shooting that plagued them all season.

Jump on the backs of these guys in the second half. When FAU kept it at 4 for the first 8-10 minutes, you could sense Tennessee tighten up. Refs helped FAU with the momentum but most of the pressure was internal. JMO.

Saw it in person at Vandy. Same thing Vs Mizz FL and all other losses.

It does concern me that team members have talked openly about wanting to make it deep into March in part to dispel the notion that CRB can't win in the tournament. That's just added pressure for what is already an intense situation. The constant talk of CRB's tournament history/prospects is likely detrimental, especially for a team composed of good guys who are not selfish.

Reactions: ursaminotaur
NCAAT Ghosts? I see Hunter Dickinson. Sister Jean. Terry Holland and Ralph Sampson. Greg Oden. Jim Boeheim. Kline dropping 3s. His teammate kicking Lamonte.

Reactions: Voltopia
Barnes “coaches” these games like they’re in February.
Have you looked at the records of our basketball coaches going back a few decades? Bruce Pearl is the only coach we have had with more appearances in the big dance than CRB. His team got blown out a round earlier than we did. Only Don Devoe has as many at 5. I can recall many on here blasting Pearl because he could never get past the Elite 8. Cuonzo Martin got extremely lucky with the bracket and had one good run.
Did you forget that this team DOMINATED Duke the game before. This team has been inconsistent all year long. That is something that has the blame shared amongst everyone associated with the team. A quick question, how did you vote in the survey that was taken before the tourney started?

Have you looked at the records of our basketball coaches going back a few decades? Bruce Pearl is the only coach we have had with more appearances in the big dance than CRB. His team got blown out a round earlier than we did. Only Don Devoe has as many at 5. I can recall many on here blasting Pearl because he could never get past the Elite 8. Cuonzo Martin got extremely lucky with the bracket and had one good run.
Did you forget that this team DOMINATED Duke the game before. This team has been inconsistent all year long. That is something that has the blame shared amongst everyone associated with the team. A quick question, how did you vote in the survey that was taken before the tourney started?

My comment had zero to do with comparing Barnes & Pearl. You wasted a great post that is completely irrelevant to the comment you quoted.

NCAAT Ghosts? I see Hunter Dickinson. Sister Jean. Terry Holland and Ralph Sampson. Greg Oden. Jim Boeheim. Kline dropping 3s. His teammate kicking Lamonte.

That Greg Oden game still haunts me. Those officials gave - GAVE - Ohio State 35 free throws, and more or less said "You can't touch Mike Conley or anyone else" to Tennessee in the second half. I was there, I watched it live, it was a travesty. I still get mad thinking about that game. Such garbage.

I yelled some nasty stuff from the stands that day. I do not regret a word of it. And if I was to ever run into those officials again, I'd happily repeat myself. Twerps.

Reactions: Thunder Good-Oil
My comment had zero to do with comparing Barnes & Pearl. You wasted a great post that is completely irrelevant to the comment you quoted.
I wasn't really comparing just Pearl to Barnes. I was comparing any coach in the past to Barnes. Posting after waking up in the middle of the night and not bring able to go back to sleep can make for disjointed posts. Find ANY UT coach in our teams history that has better results. We have teams that have played very well, and haven't had a boatload of off court issues that have embarrassed the school under CRB.

It’ll go down as a huge “what if” in Tennessee basketball. Much like the South Carolina game in football. Is what it is.

Reactions: Tenacjim

VN Store

Back