You all have the emotional stability of a 15 year old girl.

Unimane

My god, this place is ridiculous. We win 7 in a row, people are going nuts with expectations, thinking we'll win the East, challenge for the Final Four, etc. We lose a couple and people are ready to fire Pearl, along with the usual crew of anti-Pearlistas back with their agenda.

Get a grip people. The season is a roller coaster, not a singular upward or downward arc. If we go 5-6 for the rest of the year, yes, that's a problem. However, a two game losing streak does not qualify as a problem in the same manner that a 7 game winning streak guarantee a 14-2 SEC record, or whatever.

Quite honestly, we need Cheech and Chong (+1) to get back in the rotation. Pearl is a stop gap player, not a regular and I've never understood the idea of giving McBee a scholarship. A shooter actually has to be able to shoot. Playing three walkons will just get you killed in the long run.

Regardless, people need to chill out and have a little leverage. We're not going to play this terrible for the rest of the year and the season, like I said, is a roller coaster.

I've been steady on my stance since preseason: this team isn't any better than last year's.

My god, this place is ridiculous. We win 7 in a row, people are going nuts with expectations, thinking we'll win the East, challenge for the Final Four, etc. We lose a couple and people are ready to fire Pearl, along with the usual crew of anti-Pearlistas back with their agenda.

Get a grip people. The season is a roller coaster, not a singular upward or downward arc. If we go 5-6 for the rest of the year, yes, that's a problem. However, a two game losing streak does not qualify as a problem in the same manner that a 7 game winning streak guarantee a 14-2 SEC record, or whatever.

Quite honestly, we need Cheech and Chong (+1) to get back in the rotation. Pearl is a stop gap player, not a regular and I've never understood the idea of giving McBee a scholarship. A shooter actually has to be able to shoot. Playing three walkons will just get you killed in the long run.

Regardless, people need to chill out and have a little leverage. We're not going to play this terrible for the rest of the year and the season, like I said, is a roller coaster.

This is true. People need to chill

My reaction is pretty much the same after each loss.

I should just cut and paste, really.

I meant getting upset with the crazy people.

I don't care for all of the freaking out either so I just ignore it.

Can't do anything about the team winning/losing. I'm just along for the ride. :thumbsup:

I've been steady on my stance since preseason: this team isn't any better than last year's.

And seeing that we didn't lose any starters from last year's squad (before pistolgate, and that's just one), that's not a big compliment to the coaching.

And seeing that we didn't lose any starters from last year's squad (before pistolgate, and that's just one), that's not a big compliment to the coaching.

I have never been accused of being a pearlophile. I like winning, and I like that we have won more since he got here, but I do think we have reached our ceiling with what he can do for us. I am not saying we should fire him, but the AD needs to find a way to push him to get better assistants and improve his own coaching, or quit extending his contract.

Originally Posted by IPorange

Well let's look at that. At this point in the season last year UT was 12-7. This year we're 15-4 an improvement of 3 games. At the beginning of the year we lose Negedu. 7 games ago we lose 4 players, 1 starter and 3 that play a lot, 2 who are now back.

The last 7 games their record is 5-2. I would say they're doing pretty darn good considering the circumstances.

I have never been accused of being a pearlophile. I like winning, and I like that we have won more since he got here, but I do think we have reached our ceiling with what he can do for us. I am not saying we should fire him, but the AD needs to find a way to push him to get better assistants and improve his own coaching, or quit extending his contract.

Huh? Reached ceiling based on what? How about the recruiting class he and his assistants are bringing in next year?

Some of you need to step away from the ledge a bit.

I've said it many times on here.

One can spend a little more than 5 minutes on the Basketball Board and Vol Calls to come to the realization we have an extremely moronic fan base.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Huh? Reached ceiling based on what? How about the recruiting class he and his assistants are bringing in next year?

Some of you need to step away from the ledge a bit.

Haha, I'm not anywhere near a ledge. All because I actually think Tennessee as a program has more potential than a first weekend team in the tournament doesn't mean I am suicidal or freaking out.

I've said it many times on here.

One can spend a little more than 5 minutes on the Basketball Board and Vol Calls to come to the realization we have an extremely moronic fan base.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think he was talking about you. :tease2:

+1.. Though, I'm slightly concerned that every team we face the rest of the year is going sit in a fat 2-3 zone.:hmm: (This will be a bad situation)

Originally Posted by IPorange

Well let's look at that. At this point in the season last year UT was 12-7. This year we're 15-4 an improvement of 3 games. At the beginning of the year we lose Negedu. 7 games ago we lose 4 players, 1 starter and 3 that play a lot, 2 who are now back.

The last 7 games their record is 5-2. I would say they're doing pretty darn good considering the circumstances.

The last two games have been pitiful. I think those that made the (rather obvious) observation that the team is simply out of gas, the personnel decisions are questionable at best, and the coaching (which looked quite promising for a few games) has fallen off are exactly right. Simply put, they had a good run, but it is likely over. They could turn it around, but there is a rough stretch of games coming up, it won't be easy. The bad thing is, the players have made enough silly mistakes in the last two games to make it that much easier for opponents.

+1.. Though, I'm slightly concerned that every team we face the rest of the year is going sit in a fat 2-3 zone.:hmm: (This will be a bad situation)

The 2-3 zone shouldn't be the insurmountable wall our team makes it out to be. This has been the downfall of our team for two years running. That's sad.

The last two games have been pitiful. I think those that made the (rather obvious) observation that the team is simply out of gas, the personnel decisions are questionable at best, and the coaching (which looked quite promising for a few games) has fallen off are exactly right. Simply put, they had a good run, but it is likely over. They could turn it around, but there is a rough stretch of games coming up, it won't be easy. The bad thing is, the players have made enough silly mistakes in the last two games to make it that much easier for opponents.

Whip off 7 straight wins, drop 2 and now it's over huh? All of a sudden, the coaches don't know what they're doing and the players are packing it in. Let me guess, glass half empty?

The 2-3 zone shouldn't be the insurmountable wall our team makes it out to be. This has been the downfall of our team for two years running. That's sad.

Unfortunately we haven't had the shooters to make teams pay for it over the last two years.

Whip off 7 straight wins, drop 2 and now it's over huh? All of a sudden, the coaches don't know what they're doing and the players are packing it in. Let me guess, glass half empty?

Wow, that is nowhere near what I said. However, you cannot tell me that you weren't frustrated by the shot selection in the last two games, and that the coaches couldn't have done something to correct it.

Wow, that is nowhere near what I said. However, you cannot tell me that you weren't frustrated by the shot selection in the last two games, and that the coaches couldn't have done something to correct it.

Let me reiterate that first sentence. That is NOWHERE near what I said.

Actually discussing the game of basketball makes you a bad fan, Emain. Now you know.

VN Store

Back