Yoo Hoo! It's time to end the NCAA investigation

How is you not understanding the ramifications of a Supreme Court ruling, a sign of anyone "virtue signaling"?

Besides that, you don't even seem to understand the definition of virtue signaling to properly apply the term.

You are a smug little cuss, aren't you? I'm not saying I disagree that Tennessee violated the rules, I just find it amusing all of the Vol fans who feel compelled to point that out to anyone who expresses a desire or opinion that the NCAA pound sand in the matter. You are in that camp.

You are a smug little cuss, aren't you? I'm not saying I disagree that Tennessee violated the rules, I just find it amusing all of the Vol fans who feel compelled to point that out to anyone who expresses a desire or opinion that the NCAA pound sand in the matter. You are in that camp.

Where exactly in my post did I mention anything about whether Tennessee should or should not consider itself beholden to the NCAA in terms of the investigation? Maybe you should reread it, real slowly this time? Just a thought.

The US Supreme Court effectively ruled it's OK to pay players.
SCOTUS opinions are valid retroactively (i.e., as if this was always the law).
We self reported and cooperated to the max.
All parties involved were ejected from the program ASAP.
We've lost 2 recruiting classes because of the delays.
All facts have been known by the NCAA for a year.
In 10 years when college football is a shell of what it is today, because of allowing the inmates to run the company, we will not be laughing anymore!

I used to like Yoo Hoo back in the day. Would drink one before school with a Honey Bun. The thought repulses me today.

The NCAA is about 20 years overdue from being dismantled, burned with fire and forgotten.
Things will always be ran by the universities - which ARE the NCAA.

The future may just be the FBS or P5 programs. So, instead of the board and committees punishing us made up of a bunch of disinterested small-program folks, the committees will be more Bama, UGA, UF folks.

Yeah, they will give us more justful punishment...😆

Which Supreme Court case nullified the NCAA by-laws restricting athletic departments from paying athletes to attend the school?

Or is this just you publicly stating that you don't know what "NIL" actually means, or how it pertains to college sports?
Took 20 posts for someone to point out the obvious.

It's amazing how so many think we are innocent by the SCOTUS ruling and think programs can now pay players directly. Stunning!

Reactions: Raebo
Alston addressed it while not addressing it. Specifically:
"the Court does not address the legality of the NCAA's remaining compensation rules"
"there are serious questions whether the NCAA's remaining compensation rules can pass muster under ordinary rule of reason scrutiny"
"the NCAA must supply a legally valid procompetitive justification for its remaining compensation rules. As I see it, however, the NCAA may lack such a justification"
"it is not clear how the NCAA can legally defend its remaining compensation rules"

They were very specific in saying they weren't touching whether it was illegal for the NCAA to say it can prevent students from getting paid, and Alston was just about educational benefits. But Kavanaugh felt strongly enough about it to write his own concurrence and he eviscerated the NCAA in it.

Put another way, they didn't say "it's okay to pay players now", but Kavanaugh spelled it out for everyone that the NCAA is in dire straits whenever someone gets around to suing them over pay.
Talk about missing the boat...

These SCOTUS suggestions were about NiL...

And NiL does not make legal what we did...

Where exactly in my post did I mention anything about whether Tennessee should or should not consider itself beholden to the NCAA in terms of the investigation? Maybe you should reread it, real slowly this time? Just a thought.

Let me restate for you. There is a cadre of fans on here, which apparently includes you, that is compelled to point out that the decision, and subsequent NCAA changes, do not directly exonerate Tennessee. They do this on any post which hints, suggests, or even asks if the changes will, or should, lead to lesser punishment or even virtually no punishment in our case.

It is a legitimate point that the core premise upon which the rule should we broke was based is that college athletes should not receive compensation while paying sport for an NCAA institution. This core premise was eviscerated by the decision and NCAA actions.

Now, the way we did it was and still is a rule violation, but it has become more of a process violation, as opposed to a more of a core violation when we did it.

That said, a fan wondering or proposing that we should be punished based on the new environment is not at all unreasonable. What always amuses me is the cadre springing to action to remind us all of these basic facts every time someone posts about it.

That is my point. Clear?

Let me restate for you. There is a cadre of fans on here, which apparently includes you, that is compelled to point out that the decision, and subsequent NCAA changes, do not directly exonerate Tennessee. They do this on any post which hints, suggests, or even asks if the changes will, or should, lead to lesser punishment or even virtually no punishment in our case.

It is a legitimate point that the core premise upon which the rule should we broke was based is that college athletes should not receive compensation while paying sport for an NCAA institution. This core premise was eviscerated by the decision and NCAA actions.

Now, the way we did it was and still is a rule violation, but it has become more of a process violation, as opposed to a more of a core violation when we did it.

That said, a fan wondering or proposing that we should be punished based on the new environment is not at all unreasonable. What always amuses me is the cadre springing to action to remind us all of these basic facts every time someone posts about it.

That is my point. Clear?

My post had literally nothing to do with the flimsy basis for your nonsensical conspiracy theory.

Please improve your reading comprehension.

The Power 5 conferences should put the NCAA on notice. Outside management is not needed.

Yeah but we cheated before it legal….
… just like everyone else

My post had literally nothing to do with the flimsy basis for your nonsensical conspiracy theory.

Please improve your reading comprehension.

Now I get it. I tried to actually engage in a discussion with you and got an insult back.

You’re just a &$#@.

Lesson learned. Thanks! 😎😎😂😂

Cool.

Then, I expect to be named the 1984, 1985, and 1990 SEC champions effective immediately.

Reactions: VolInNW
You literally tried to argue a point that I didn't make in my post.

You do know what that's called right?

Your logical fallacy is strawman

Looks like someone remembers their logic class from undergrad. Good for you!!

Actually, I wasnt arguing anything. Just noting a trend where some vol fans feel the need to emphasize the point that Tennessee broke the then exiating rules and the NIL rules we live under now dont absolutely apply to our situation.

You have a very pedantic style. Good luck with that.

Cool.

Then, I expect to be named the 1984, 1985, and 1990 SEC champions effective immediately.

Quality post. While I hate Florida and it’s fans as any good Vol must, I do find the Gators in here to be good posters usually. uga fans could learn from them.

VN Store

Back