Yet ANOTHER bowl game

I read there are 3 that are going to be added. 1 in SC and 1 in Chicago are approved so far.

Pretty soon they will give a freakin bowl to everyone!!!! STOP adding bowls!!!! Actually they need to cut it down by half!! There don’t need to be 40 bowl games from Dec 21-NC game. That’s just way too many. I say have maybe enough bowls for the top 25 teams and be done with it!!!!

Actually have bowls for the rest of the top 25 not in the NY6 bowls so that leaves 13 teams needing a bowl game. Doesn’t even out to have just 7 other bowl games so if they ever cut the bowls down how would it be done?

I’ve been advocating for a bowl game in Myrtle Beach for a long time. It makes too much sense. The infrastructure is there, there is plenty to do and lots of great restaurants and entertainment. It’s obviously going to be a small attendance at Coastal, but should bring in a lot of money to the economy.

I wonder what the swag bag will include. I’m sure I could come up with some good stuff.

Pretty soon they will give a freakin bowl to everyone!!!! STOP adding bowls!!!! Actually they need to cut it down by half!! There don’t need to be 40 bowl games from Dec 21-NC game. That’s just way too many. I say have maybe enough bowls for the top 25 teams and be done with it!!!!

Are you crazy? There isn't crap to do the during that time and there is only so much family one can take. I wish they'd put a few on Christmas Day.

Easy. If it's such a big issue, folks just need to stop watching. Every bowl that doesn't move the needle will fold.

I can get maybe thinking there are too many bowls but other than that, I have no idea why people get so bent out of shape about bowls. Like do they flip out at the NIT and the other non-NCAAT basketball tournaments?

Like you said, easy solution: don't watch or go to them in person.

5 6 win teams didn't make a bowl:

Wyoming - MWC - 6-6
Miami (OH) - MAC - 6-6
UL Monroe - Sun Belt - 6-6
Southern Miss - CUSA - 6-5

Liberty - Independent - 6-6 - usually first year FBS schools are ineligible for any postseason, but Liberty had made a deal with the Cure Bowl if there wasn't enough teams. But 2 of their wins were over FCS teams and only 1 FCS win can count. So it was a very long shot anyway.

First Responder Bowl today only played about 10 game minutes before a lightning delay, then about an hour and half later they canceled it.

I’ve been advocating for a bowl game in Myrtle Beach for a long time. It makes too much sense. The infrastructure is there, there is plenty to do and lots of great restaurants and entertainment. It’s obviously going to be a small attendance at Coastal, but should bring in a lot of money to the economy.

I wonder what the swag bag will include. I’m sure I could come up with some good stuff.

Probably some salt-water taffy, free passes to putt-putt, and a coupon for all you can eat fried seafood.

Haha that’s pretty good. Probably a coupon book to Tanger outlets, maybe free Shag lessons and a dinner at Margaritaville or Paula Dean’s restaurant. Gift card to Bert’s surf shop.

Reactions: Boca Vol

VN Store

Back