Yet ANOTHER bowl game

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
ESPN announces creation of Myrtle Beach Bowl, starting in 2020. Will rotate teams from C-USA, MAC & Sun Belt b/w 2020-25

After expansion, which should be complete by then (I think)...

9752270.jpeg

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
The Myrtle Beach Bowl will be played at Brooks Stadium, located on the campus of Coastal Carolina, and will be nationally televised on ESPN networks.

There could be 65 bowls in order to give every team a bid and I'd be fine with it.
I think they ought to just take everybody that doesn't get a bowl bid and let them matchup regionally for on campus games the week before Christmas.

It'd give everybody the extra practices. There would be nobody missing classes. You'd get some cross conference matchups that people might actually like even though their team struggled.

Reactions: volinbham
Too many bowl games. Over 25 is too many.
Saying there are too many bowl games is like saying there are too many universities that field football teams. If you think a lot of them are stupid, then don't watch them. If more and more people agree with you, they'll go away. As long as there is a stadium/city willing to host it, companies to sponsor it, and reasonably enough tickets sold, they'll have one. I say why even limit it to 6+ win teams or 5-win teams with a good enough APR. If some committee wants to host two 0-12 teams in a postseason game, why not? These things exist because people are willing to watch and sponsor them.

Also, totally agree with just giving everyone the extra practices a bowl game affords.

Reactions: Paper_Towel
Funny enough, all the talk of too many bowls, this year there will be more eligible teams than spots.

Not enough bowls: Army, BYU unsure of postseason destination

The craziest part is, right now Army is 9-2 and ranked #23 and #25 in the AP and Coaches Polls and isn't even assured a bowl spot.

Travesty. Happened to NIU one year and they had one (maybe 2 wins) against P5 schools but lost their conf champ game. Still had 9 or 10 wins but no bowl.

Technically, it's in Conway.
Yes it is. Lived close to conway during High school years. Played our preseason baseball tournaments there usually. High School coach was a graduate of coastal and legendary baseball and basketball player there. As an aside, I know the father of a recent Pruitt offer. Xavier Legette. From mullins, sc.

VN Store

Back