Yahoo Sports predicted unsurprising upsets

mcannon1

"SEATTLE 3
No. 4 Tennessee vs. No. 13 Saint Louis — It’s far from a trendy upset pick, but Saint Louis is led by an experienced NCAA coach in Rebecca Tillett. Tillett is a year removed from leading Longwood to its first NCAA tournament win in program history and Saint Louis is on a hot streak, upsetting the A-10 No. 1 seed for the conference title."

Aww whatever. We've earned the current skepticism. Ordinarily I wouldn't rule out anyone to upset the LVs. But these aren't ordinary times and this take doesn't read the current room. Not this week St. Louis.

Hey, has anyone talked to Jordy this morning? She mention what she's thinking?

I have to think Jordy knows what she's doing and the coaches know. No way she leaves things hanging into this weekend. Just not ready to let us know yet. Maybe a strategic extra shot of energy closer to Saturday?

I still cannot believe they were given a #13 seed. In other games, the SEC going 6-0 already in the tourney is a good reminder that the conference was underrated this year. I can see UT and Ole Miss going pretty deep and MSU will probably beat ND, SP is a good coach. Not surprisingly LSU, who was the lone SEC team to be over ranked this season, could bow out earlier than expected for a #3 seed. SC will have its hands full if they meet up with Md. who is healthy and playing their best ball now. Alexander (from Murfreesboro Tenn) is playing really well for them.

The SEC could end up with the best tourney W-L record for conferences.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back