'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

That's not what we were talking about.

You're not wrong.

But where this class ranks just doesn't mean much to the immediate future of this program. How this class is developed, does.

There will be better recruiting classes in the future. Probably starting in 20
So what you're saying is that you have to crawl before you walk and walk before you run? I agree. I think the way the season ended probably had a negative impact on our recruiting. I think opposing coaches are using that against us, playing dirty pool.

So what you're saying is that you have to crawl before you walk and walk before you run? I agree. I think the way the season ended probably had a negative impact on our recruiting. I think opposing coaches are using that against us, playing dirty pool.
You say dirty pool id say id do the same thing.

Wright isn't signing early period. If there is a visit to worry about it would be where he goes closer to Feb Signing period. We saw this ourselves last yr. Any love from early visits wore off on those that signed late

Reactions: SweetasSoda
You say dirty pool id say id do the same thing.
Not disagreeing. If I were recruiting against TN I would say:

Jeremy Pruitt is a first time head coach that has no clue about how to run a program. He is very difficult to work for and that's why he's losing coaches after just one year. The Tennessee fan base will not have the patience to wait on Pruitt to install his system and he's inflexible to utilize his current talent to give him the best shot to win. He's trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. No one wants to work for him, he's spent two weeks trying to hire another OC that he ran off and he's getting turned down everywhere he looks. He won't be at TN in 3 years.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Jeremy Pruitt is a first time head coach that has no clue about how to run a program. He is very difficult to work for and that's why he's losing coaches after just one year. The Tennessee fan base will not have the patience to wait on Pruitt to install his system and he's inflexible to utilize his current talent to give him the best shot to win. He's trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. No one wants to work for him, he's spent two weeks trying to hire another OC that he ran off and he's getting turned down everywhere he looks. He won't be at TN in 3 years.
Way to lay out the script for our rivals lol

Okay. Newt flat out said he doesn’t care about rankings.

Of course development matters.
I don't really either, given the tier we're probably gonna be in.

I care about moving up tiers. Top 20 to top 10...10 to 5 etc.

Not gonna quibble over how bad 15 is compared to 11 or 12.

And this class could still get close to top 10-12.
Just doesn't matter immediately, unless it's gonna be top 5, which it's not going to be.

Rebuttal makes that take look desperate.

"RE Helton: My former OC got a promotion after one year on the job because the football people knew that we had a difficult roster situation and didnt use it against him. That's why we are recruiting the best and that's why you have a great opportunity at Tennessee to play early and often.

RE new OC if he doesnt have one yet: I'm making sure I have the best fit and I'm interviewing multiple candidates and they have all willingly sat down for an interview despite signing new contracts and having other schools go after them. They sat down for it because they see this as a great place to be and see what we are building. Look at Bob Shoop and Butch Jones. Shoop is a great coach but it didnt manifest because it wasnt a great fit. I'm not that irresponsible.

RE new OC if he does have one: We have an OC and its ______. we are just waiting for ________.

RE experience: I have a national championship winning HC at my disposal if I need him."

Its not hard to squash that s%#t

Reactions: igotworms
Rebuttal makes that take look desperate.

"RE Helton: My former OC got a promotion after one year on the job because the football people knew that we had a difficult roster situation and didnt use it against him. That's why we are recruiting the best and that's why you have a great opportunity at Tennessee to play early and often.

RE new OC if he doesnt have one yet: I'm making sure I have the best fit and I'm interviewing multiple candidates and they have all willingly sat down for an interview despite signing new contracts and having other schools go after them. They sat down for it because they see this as a great place to be and see what we are building. Look at Bob Shoop and Butch Jones. Shoop is a great coach but it didnt manifest because it wasnt a great fit. I'm not that irresponsible.

RE new OC if he does have one: We have an OC and its ______. we are just waiting for ________.

RE experience: I have a national championship winning HC at my disposal if I need him."

Its not hard to squash that s%#t
It's not the message, it's the messenger. Who's more believable? I agree there are counters to any argument. I just think when you're down, as the Vols have been for 10 years, the coaches that have proven success are more believable to these kids. Not all kids but many of them. Because of the way the season ended, Pruitt still has very little to sell other than a vision. We won't have anyone drafted, most likely. He has to sell his development from times at other programs. I think this rebuild is going to take a significant amount of time. He's going to have to get the most out of the talent. Hes going to have to develop 3 stars mixed in with a few four stars and a couple of five stars and show improvement each and every year. If that happens, the number of four stars will increase and the number of five stars will increase. It will build on itself as he as more substance to sell.

@secking What's the scoop on Wright and UGA? I'm hearing some chatter about Pittman snatching Wright from under TN.
Tweet about "Tennesee fans will hate Pittman when they see what’s about to go down...Give it time." Know anything on this?
Cart before horse. Wright doesn’t do many interviews but one from spring he was asked who his favorite coaches are and he mentioned Pittman. But, everyone loves Pittman, OL or not. One Funny dude. I’ve only met him once and he introduced himself as Brad Pitt(man).

On OL recruiting, need is 3 OL just to keep the numbers in balance. Truss and McClendon are firm. Keegan/Webb for the third spot, and backing off Keegan shows their confidence in Webb. Think Keegan goes Michigan. Pretty confident on Webb but never count Bama out. Wiltfong said today UGA for Webb, but will he really pick UGA in a Bama gymnasium tomorrow?

That leaves best available if UGA goes after another OL and Wright fits that bill. Last 2-3 spots each class normally go to the best talent left after needs are met. IF Webb picks Ga, that leaves Pittman free to take a free swing on the biggest names left.

You don't follow recruiting clearly. This narrative you are pushing is completely false. You are on tilt my man. Now...

Take a lap.

Obviously was a joke to his tweet,what I said had nothing to do with recruiting what are you ever talking about? Lol

Wait a minute. Virginia Tech takes 2 and 3* players every year and Bud Foster.....eerrrrr....no he doesn't. Hey, I think you have a point there. Just follow the hype train and watch it ride off the rails as it continues along. Keep watching it as the wheels begin to fall off of it and the hypers jump train just before it crashes. It is almost comical. It sells at a good price considering it is a one way ticket to depression
I’m sorry I wasn’t listening, I was just thinking about the class rankings for Alabama, Georgia, Florida St, Ohio St, Clemson, and the other national championships in the past few decades had

Reactions: tatervol
Per Callahan still trending upward here and as price has alluded to the relationship he has with our coaches specifically Neids will be hard to beat. TN coaches will be in to see him again this wk.

Bama trending down.

Time for him to pull the trigger

Time for him to pull the trigger
He will not, and we are going to have to sweat this one out all the way to signing day...and that makes me nervous. JP has to finish out this OL class to ensure future success. In the trenches is where good solid teams are strong.

VN Store

Back