'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

WVU guy here -- all recent indications (including some stuff from today) are that Wright is going to Tennessee, but when you're dealing with young kids, you never know. It wouldn't be the most bizarre last-second flip to ever happen.

WVU made a late push but I don't think Wright was ever seriously considering going to Morgantown.

Not the most bizzare, but it would be pretty high up there, this one has been locked up for a long time and one of the worst kept secrets in recruiting

Once Wright announces for the Vols its gonna be full on white folk dance party over here.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
racist....

Reactions: landscapingvol
WVU guy here -- all recent indications (including some stuff from today) are that Wright is going to Tennessee, but when you're dealing with young kids, you never know. It wouldn't be the most bizarre last-second flip to ever happen.

WVU made a late push but I don't think Wright was ever seriously considering going to Morgantown.

WV native here too. Darnell was a Huntington boy and if Marshall was the big school then he would have gone there but many Huntington people can't stand WVU. Plus its only an hour difference to get to Knoxville. He took a lot of heat when he announced his top 10 and WVU wasn't even on there. When they got the new coach he went just to make people happy that he gave them a shot but he wishes he had just signed in Dec.

Just like his pigpen cipher said he is committed to Tennessee.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
Not the most bizzare, but it would be pretty high up there, this one has been locked up for a long time and one of the worst kept secrets in recruiting

Wright was a solid Tennessee for a long time, but it got a little murky over the last couple of months and especially the last three or four weeks. But I don't think there was ever a point in time where Tennessee had less than say an 85% shot of landing him.

It's sounding like it's a done deal now. I was hoping we would flip Doug Nester and Wright, and Nester did flip ... but he went Virginia Tech instead.

Wright was a solid Tennessee for a long time, but it got a little murky over the last couple of months and especially the last three or four weeks. But I don't think there was ever a point in time where Tennessee had less than say an 85% shot of landing him.

It's sounding like it's a done deal now. I was hoping we would flip Doug Nester and Wright, and Nester did flip ... but he went Virginia Tech instead.

Lol, no, it didn't. It may have been murky on your end. But our mods have been pretty consistent that this stopped being a competition when Alabama and Georgia bowed out.

While Darnell Wright will probably be gracious in his post-commitment interview. I expect he will say much of the same.

WV native here too. Darnell was a Huntington boy and if Marshall was the big school then he would have gone there but many Huntington people can't stand WVU. Plus its only an hour difference to get to Knoxville. He took a lot of heat when he announced his top 10 and WVU wasn't even on there. When they got the new coach he went just to make people happy that he gave them a shot but he wishes he had just signed in Dec.

Just like his pigpen cipher said he is committed to Tennessee.

great. Vol. see ya.

next time our team's meat you wont have a traitor-gator as Qb

VN Store

Back