WTH is wrong with the people making decisions at UT?

So many of these posts illustrate the pure hunger of our fan base. It also shows the maniacal support the right coach can get here. Get the right coach, move the program in the right direction and the Big Orange will move mountains.

Well we knew it was just a matter of time but BVS has mutated and and there's only one logical cure to head this off. IF our new AD doesn't fly out Sunday night/Monday morning then the choice is already made. IMO the coach that could get the UT football program back in contention and in the shortest amount of time and has experience in dealing with NCAA sanctions is easily Lane Kiffin. AD White was at the Vols basketball game last night. Doesn't appear to be any urgency at all. Take into account that I think one of White's brothers may be AD at either FAU or FIU and you already have close family connection.

If I wanted to get the program headed right way and make a home run hire Kiffin's the man and there's not a close 2nd.....save H.Freeze but that would likely invite more sanctions.

Our admins went through all the trouble of firing Pruitt and hiring an elite AD, but it smells like the same clowns are still making decisions behind the scenes. Our top guy right now is another coordinator like Pruitt and the other big names are the coaches at SMU and Buffalo. Before I read their names connected to this coaching search I didn't even know who they were. Google coach anyone? WTH? This is objectively a top 10 or top 15 program and we have the money, facilities, tradition, and talent to get a big name coach. Again, WTH? Our administration isn't even trying to win. Eff em. I'm done with UT football if they go cheap and get an unproven coordinator or a Google coach.
I'm sure they will miss your $25 yearly donation.

Our admins went through all the trouble of firing Pruitt and hiring an elite AD, but it smells like the same clowns are still making decisions behind the scenes. Our top guy right now is another coordinator like Pruitt and the other big names are the coaches at SMU and Buffalo. Before I read their names connected to this coaching search I didn't even know who they were. Google coach anyone? WTH? This is objectively a top 10 or top 15 program and we have the money, facilities, tradition, and talent to get a big name coach. Again, WTH? Our administration isn't even trying to win. Eff em. I'm done with UT football if they go cheap and get an unproven coordinator or a Google coach.
I know , Right?! We are UT for crying out loud! All we haveta do is just back up the truck to Saban or Urban and that’s it! Jeez!

I heard one of their biggest problems was hearing unverified information and the reacting out emotionally by making wild accusations, cursing others, and giving up altogether. At least that's what I heard.

Reactions: birdie74
This is how I felt with currie and Fulmer as AD. UT just went out and hired one of the top AD in the nation AND paid a buyout to get him. If they wanted a puppet they could have hired a nobody for alot cheaper. Let's see how his first hire turns out to be. Alot of media is making click bait and maybe some truth but I think he holds tight to vest his hire. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: birdie74 and DrTNT
I completely agree. UT won't ever get another dime or TV rating again from me if they pull this ******** again. I'm so sick of seeing the 2nd winningest program in the SEC hire assholes that want to prove their chops. Pay a damn head coach.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Thanks!

All these rumors mean nothing at this point.

That being said, if they end up hiring Dykes, they would have been better off just letting Currie hire Leach.

Didn’t we hire an AD that is proven to be real good at this? Shouldn’t we just trust him to do his job?

He knows we are Berkeley East and do unthinkable things like the wannabe black jersey auction thing and crazy decisions are the norm now. You have to understand his anxiety

Didn’t we hire an AD that is proven to be real good at this? Shouldn’t we just trust him to do his job?

This.

If he hires someone that was not at the top of our list, I'm sure he understands that his job will be on the line just like the job of his pick. So, I think he would only do it if he is confident of success.

I have stated that we only needed someone with SEC head coaching experience, but the truth is I think I would be excited to see what Elliot could do.

That said, yeah, we hired the AD because he was good at choosing coaches. That is what we need to trust, and give the choice an opportunity to prove what he can do.

Reactions: Volswin98
There's an old saying, "When there's smoke, there's usually fire."

Ever heard of a smokescreen? Destroyers used to lay them in WWI and WWII to hide the convoys from U-Boats. Coaching searches sometimes use them to hide the primary candidates.

That concludes today’s history lesson.

Freeze would be my number one, followed by Kiffin, honestly after that I think its a toss up between up and coming head coaches, you never know who will pan out and who wont, I'd rather see P.J. Fleck i guess if we have to go that route but I have a sinking feeling it will be Elliot especially with Kevin Steele in the mix.

There will be plenty of time to complain about the hire if it's bad; no need to start before it actually occurs.

I completely agree. UT won't ever get another dime or TV rating again from me if they pull this ******** again. I'm so sick of seeing the 2nd winningest program in the SEC hire assholes that want to prove their chops. Pay a damn head coach.
Geez Louise. Read this thread throughly. Do not take stock in all the internet rumors out there. If something comes from Chris Lowe at ESPN or Bruce Feldman @ CBS then place value on those reports. All the other guys are just posting anything for clickbait.

John Currie was right you people are nuts...
YOU DON'T KNOW MORE THAN AD WHITE can you all not understand that Jesus, it's like talking to a brick wall, every damn coaching search is the same ****... I want Gruden, I want Bob Stoops, how about John Harbaugh??? You people are delusional, White will make the best hire that he (you know the professional) feels is the best hire trust in him or don't but you are living in a fantasy land. If you were so smart you'd be sitting in his chair not posting crazy **** on a message board....come on people quit giving everyone reasons to make fun of this fanbase with this dumb ****

VN Store

Back