WTH is wrong with the people making decisions at UT?

So many of these posts illustrate the pure hunger of our fan base. It also shows the maniacal support the right coach can get here. Get the right coach, move the program in the right direction and the Big Orange will move mountains.
I wished they would hire the right coach, so I could fade back into oblivion.

Last edited:
Our admins went through all the trouble of firing Pruitt and hiring an elite AD, but it smells like the same clowns are still making decisions behind the scenes. Our top guy right now is another coordinator like Pruitt and the other big names are the coaches at SMU and Buffalo. Before I read their names connected to this coaching search I didn't even know who they were. Google coach anyone? WTH? This is objectively a top 10 or top 15 program and we have the money, facilities, tradition, and talent to get a big name coach. Again, WTH? Our administration isn't even trying to win. Eff em. I'm done with UT football if they go cheap and get an unproven coordinator or a Google coach.

9D911548-B2CA-4363-9AFE-DB7C3B6FEDE5.gif

Reactions: INDEFENSE
Our admins went through all the trouble of firing Pruitt and hiring an elite AD, but it smells like the same clowns are still making decisions behind the scenes. Our top guy right now is another coordinator like Pruitt and the other big names are the coaches at SMU and Buffalo. Before I read their names connected to this coaching search I didn't even know who they were. Google coach anyone? WTH? This is objectively a top 10 or top 15 program and we have the money, facilities, tradition, and talent to get a big name coach. Again, WTH? Our administration isn't even trying to win. Eff em. I'm done with UT football if they go cheap and get an unproven coordinator or a Google coach.

See how easy it is to distract you?

Go back and read my original post. I don't believe he is the one making the calls. When we hired him, I briefly felt good, but then when I saw all the names connected to this job it looked like Tennessee is still doing Tennessee things.
Danny White does have almost total control except for deciding the money available and a short list of candidates who would reflect negatively on the university(Freeze and Chadwell). Everything else is his decision based on what I am hearing.

Reactions: Raebo and INDEFENSE
I think you should indeed panic. In fact, I think you should change your name to eternallysufferingvol, for truly there is no hope, ever. You are wise to make the connection between the bad decisions made by different men years ago to the decision of one man today. White is studying our history feverishly so that he can repeat it. Despair, for the worst is yet to come!

Who is your choice

Nobody knew AD White was on our radar, it was all speculation about other names where his was not even mentioned. I think the HC search will end up being the same.

Instead of asking what’s wrong with the decision-makers, I’d like to ask what’s wrong with the people on here that think they know better than Danny White.
He has earned the benefit of the doubt. I’ll do my best to be optimistic about whoever he selects, bc he clearly knows what he’s doing. Way more so than any of our recent ADs.

I say this with one caveat...if it’s Sonny Dykes, I will take a hostage.

You are a perfect example of what is wrong with our fan base. You need to calm down and support whoever the coach is as well as whomever is on the roster. The constant complaining is rediculous

I think you and a lot of fans need to look at reality and lower your expectations here. Some of the names on the list (which some names are out there just for raises btw) don’t excite me at first but I’m willing to giving it a chance based on where we are. It’s gonna be hard to attract any good coach right now. It is what it is unfortunately. Hope for the best but don’t burn mattresses before the first snap in 2021. that’s all we can do

Don’t get worked up over fake news.
We are aiming high. Any reports of coach searches that do not come from Chris Lowe or Bruce Feldman is likely manufactured information.

you actually got it backwards. D.White actually stated that those two you mentioned would be the 1st to know. At least that's the way I took it.

VN Store

Back