WTH is wrong with the people making decisions at UT?

Our admins went through all the trouble of firing Pruitt and hiring an elite AD, but it smells like the same clowns are still making decisions behind the scenes. Our top guy right now is another coordinator like Pruitt and the other big names are the coaches at SMU and Buffalo. Before I read their names connected to this coaching search I didn't even know who they were. Google coach anyone? WTH? This is objectively a top 10 or top 15 program and we have the money, facilities, tradition, and talent to get a big name coach. Again, WTH? Our administration isn't even trying to win. Eff em. I'm done with UT football if they go cheap and get an unproven coordinator or a Google coach.

Our admins went through all the trouble of firing Pruitt and hiring an elite AD, but it smells like the same clowns are still making decisions behind the scenes. Our top guy right now is another coordinator like Pruitt and the other big names are the coaches at SMU and Buffalo. Before I read their names connected to this coaching search I didn't even know who they were. Google coach anyone? WTH? This is objectively a top 10 or top 15 program and we have the money, facilities, tradition, and talent to get a big name coach. Again, WTH? Our administration isn't even trying to win. Eff em. I'm done with UT football if they go cheap and get an unproven coordinator or a Google coach.
Relax

That’s the thing- hiring coaches is difficult- they all look the same at most levels. The difference between a Butch Jones 2.0 and a Matt Campbell or a Pruitt and a Smart is the eye of a good AD.

And you’re not a good AD

Are you listening to Jimmy Hyams?

Relax

That’s the thing- hiring coaches is difficult- they all look the same at most levels. The difference between a Butch Jones 2.0 and a Matt Campbell or a Pruitt and a Smart is the eye of a good AD.

And you’re not a good AD
Hahaha! Because the people in charge always make good decisions. Just look at our recent history... Oh wait...

I knew Phil was not good at hiring coaches, so it made sense to be very skeptical of his hire. Especially with the absolute crap show and coup that went down.

White is very very good at hiring coaches. The process is not a national embarrassment in any way at all. Trust him, maybe?

Why are we paying two ADs. So PF did not retire, he only stepped aside and will be milking it for several more years. UT is an exercise in futility.

Reactions: allen phillips

A9BD5534-FB1E-463E-90F9-7511713F82AE.jpeg

You obviously didn’t pay attention during history class. Always remember what Abraham Lincoln said. “Don’t always believe what you read on the internet.”

When has Danny White hired a Tennessee football coach?

I’ll wait.
Go back and read my original post. I don't believe he is the one making the calls. When we hired him, I briefly felt good, but then when I saw all the names connected to this job it looked like Tennessee is still doing Tennessee things.

Reactions: pharmDvol11
You have no idea who is or isn’t the top guy right now. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Relax. You don’t know anything yet, neither does the media. Can you people wait more than a few days without throwing a fit

+3

If anybody reports that they know, then it is just a bait and switch.

If the players start to tweet out who the next HC is, then it's a done deal.

I knew Phil was not good at hiring coaches, so it made sense to be very skeptical of his hire. Especially with the absolute crap show and coup that went down.

White is very very good at hiring coaches. The process is not a national embarrassment in any way at all. Trust him, maybe?
Fulmer, Currie, Hart and Hamilton all sucked at hiring head coaches. Why will he be the one that breaks the chain?

Last edited:
Reactions: govols105

VN Store

Back