WRs problem

How in the heck are all our guys coming into contact with anybody who has tested positive? Regardless of this, the steps the pinheads in charge (aka government) are taking is just insane. The average age of those who have died from this virus is 75.

Yay, more things for the sky is falling crowd to worry about. I have never seen a group of people that look for that black cloud to avoid the silver lining at all costs. It does no good to stress about this topic especially. Everyone is going to hit by the stupidity.

Yay, more things for the sky is falling crowd to worry about. I have never seen a group of people that look for that black cloud to avoid the silver lining at all costs. It does no good to stress about this topic especially. Everyone is going to hit by the stupidity.

Nah, we have no problems in the WR department.

Josh Palmer is NFL caliber. Brandon Johnson is solid, if not (yet) spectacular. This may be his year to shine. And some of the young guys are really going to impress, I think.

No problem. We just have to get the ball to them in ways that they can capitalize.
Full disagree on Palmer being NFL caliber.

No a chance. JJ was out of this world good for most of last year and Marquez had great moments as well. They were both big, strong and among SEC elite. This new group of WRs are very talented and fast as hell, but there’s just no way they’ll be better than JJ/Callaway and company last year.
we shall see. I am sticking with my prediction. carry on kind sir.

Do we have time to install the Wishbone before Saturday?
I know you're being facetious, but quick decision-making is vital in the 'bone. If JG is Pruitt's starter, given his past indecisive moments, that scenario could be uglier than poor Justin Worley in Butch's scheme.

Reactions: Nooga
How in the heck are all our guys coming into contact with anybody who has tested positive? Regardless of this, the steps the pinheads in charge (aka government) are taking is just insane. The average age of those who have died from this virus is 75.
Man when 200,00 die you got a problem, yes the average age is around 75, but you got people of all ages dying, so you got to be really safe, you don't want to be the first school to have a player get really sick or even die from this and the odds say it will happen, not if but when and which school.

No a chance. JJ was out of this world good for most of last year and Marquez had great moments as well. They were both big, strong and among SEC elite. This new group of WRs are very talented and fast as hell, but there’s just no way they’ll be better than JJ/Callaway and company last year.
This all day! 100% correct!

I’m sorry but I’m “excused out”. Get it done.

It's not this staff's fault we've been in this shape for so long, but there just won't be a lot of sympathy for bad luck for much longer. Not saying they are or aren't doing anything bad or good right now, just agreeing that if the wheels fall off, it's going to be hard to find patience from this fanbase.

Reactions: preacherwebb

If pass protection is super good, in theory they can be better as a group. There may not be any that live up to Marquez and Jauan individually but as a unit it could be better.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Ramel Keyton will be a playmaker this year. He started to show to skill near the end of last year, and will pick up where he left off

Room mates

Palmer has a ton of talent. Seeing some of the catches he made last year rivals callaway’s play and he’s on an NFL roster
I’ve followed. Problem has always been consistency with his hands. Made big steps last season imo.

I am guessing Palmer, Jones, Johnson, and Keyton should be starting at WR?
I think you're going to see Beckwith get a bunch of snaps when we put 4 wide on the field, I see him in the slot in that situation over Jones. Not sure why folks are expecting Jones to be productive as he never was at USC and he should have been if were indeed an SEC level type WR. I agree with Palmer, Johnson and Keyton being our 3 best, I'm curious to see how Keyton and Johnson match up to the physical play within the conference as we've got to have some physical monsters at WR to be successful at that position.

I think you're going to see Beckwith get a bunch of snaps when we put 4 wide on the field, I see him in the slot in that situation over Jones. Not sure why folks are expecting Jones to be productive as he never was at USC and he should have been if were indeed an SEC level type WR. I agree with Palmer, Johnson and Keyton being our 3 best, I'm curious to see how Keyton and Johnson match up to the physical play within the conference as we've got to have some physical monsters at WR to be successful at that position.

I am wait and see with Jones. Tee has high praise for him and feels he will be difference maker by stretching the field. Maybe Velus just needed a change of scenery. I like what I am hearing about Beckwith. It would be nice to see a reliable set of hands emerge from TE position.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Our WR's will be better this year than last. It's gonna be cool.

They definitely won't, but I like the early season enthusiasm.

That's one position group that's almost guaranteed to take a step back. Not that we can't be back or better in 2021 or 2022, but replacing Jennings and Callaway's production is going to be difficult. Jennings almost single-handedly willed the team to victory a few times last year.

I'm hoping the WR dropoff isn't too bad and we see the run game take a big step forward this season to help compensate for it. We were bad running the ball much of last season, but seemed to have a breakthrough at the end. Though, tough not to notice that Vandy's defense also played like absolute crap in that big game for Eric Gray, so we'll have to see how it translates to better competition.

Respectfully I see it a little different. The only strength I saw from MC was being able to track, high point, and come down with a deep ball. He was not good at getting separation. This is one of the reasons JG struggled. Jennings also had limitations, but he made it up with his effort, especially once the ball was in his hands. If I’m a head coach, I want WRs that can get separation. If they can take hits and break tackles, gravy, but that isn’t what I’m primarily looking for. First and foremost, get TF open. Palmer, Johnson, Tillman, VJjr, the freshman are all more prototypical receivers. Although I’m still in wait and see mode with Palmer being WR1. If JG has a better year, chalk it up to a group effort of better run game, better WRs, and quicker decision making. That last point is purely on JG though. Quality discussion for a game week Monday morning.

VN Store

Back