WR Malachi Wideman no longer part of program

Just seems as investigations go further, people go.
This!
he has not entered the portal right? Is it voluntary? Investigation related?

Even if he does not “fit” the system he’s physically gifted and I can’t fathom CJH would encourage him to move on down the road in our current position.

Got to be more to this behind the scenes right?

Last time I checked three years from now isnt tomorrow.
Who said it was? If Heupel gets us 7 or 8 wins this year then 8 or 9 next year and then competes for the East in years 3 and 4.... I think most of us will be pretty happy. AND... most would agree that would be a very fast turn around of the program.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
This!

Even if he does not “fit” the system he’s physically gifted and I can’t fathom CJH would encourage him to move on down the road in our current position.

If it comes out a player got paid by Tennessee, and Tennessee uses that player, that game is potentially forfeited. In the meantime say Gray, Crouch, To'o To'o, Morris, Lawrence, Brooks, and Brown could play elsewhere without jeopardizing the new team. The "dumpster fire" folks can't seem to put two and two together.

Reactions: Wireless1
This!

its academic related. wasn't attending classes..

Reactions: VolNExile
Who said it was? If Heupel gets us 7 or 8 wins this year then 8 or 9 next year and then competes for the East in years 3 and 4.... I think most of us will be pretty happy. AND... most would agree that would be a very fast turn around of the program.
See definition of if. Many ifs must be overcome for us to be successful. Those are not guarantees. Chill.

See definition of if. Many ifs must be overcome for us to be successful. Those are not guarantees. Chill.
At the end of this exchange where you apparently don't think a three year turnaround of the football program would be "fast".... YOU are the one saying "chill"... seriously?

Not really. He could have been not attending classes because he knew he was leaving for other reasons.
Is he even in the portal? Can you enter transfer portal if you are not in good academic standing? It appears he might have not been eligible anyway. Not sure how that effects eligibility at another school.

Sad this guy couldn't make it. Was probably one of the best athletes on the team.

I think the guy will play NFL football. I think he is leaving Tennessee related to recruiting violations. I think he will play well enough elsewhere to get a shot in the pros. Of course, no one knows the future. I could be totally wrong!!!

I think the guy will play NFL football. I think he is leaving Tennessee related to recruiting violations. I think he will play well enough elsewhere to get a shot in the pros. Of course, no one knows the future. I could be totally wrong!!!
Larry said academics. Pretty often these guys wash out if they can't show up to classes.

Hate to lose him, but kinda confused as to what's going on in his case. He dealt with some injuries, so he wasn't 100% most of the time he was here. Some say he was buried on the depth chart, but that doesn't mean that much to me given the injuries and how young he is. So not sure if this is performance related or he was just unhappy with the new coaching staff or maybe the new scheme; or just academic issues (which is often the case when you don't hear much).

Jalin Hyatt, Velus Jones Jr, Cedric Tillman, JaVonta Payton, Ramel Keyton, Jimmy Calloway, Andison Coby is a really good WR room

Hyatt, Jones and Payton have shown they can make plays and be productive. Tillman has caught 8 balls in 3 years, Keyton has caught 13 balls over 2 years and has never scored, Calloway caught 2 balls for 10 yards last year, and Andison was playing Junior College ball in Mississippi last year.

I wouldn’t characterize that group as “really good.” You’ve got 3 “fairly good” WR’s and the rest are completely unproven. You need more than 3 this day and age in college football.

Development will be key here, I look forward to seeing what Heupel and his staff can do.

Hyatt, Jones and Payton have shown they can make plays and be productive. Tillman has caught 8 balls in 3 years, Keyton has caught 13 balls over 2 years and has never scored, Calloway caught 2 balls for 10 yards last year, and Andison was playing Junior College ball in Mississippi last year.

I wouldn’t characterize that group as “really good.” You’ve got 3 “fairly good” WR’s and the rest are completely unproven. You need more than 3 this day and age in college football.

Development will be key here, I look forward to seeing what Heupel and his staff can do.
and Wanya Morris was our Tight End under Pruitt, does that make him not good 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back