'18 WR Jaylon Robinson (Ole Miss Commit)

Why not? The business side is valuing all of these similarly (on a per year basis).

A player having 1 or 3 or 5 years doesn't change the per year valuation. And we now want 1 year guys. Seems win-win, if we can land him.
Marketing a kid that will be around for 6 months is less lucrative than a kid here for 3 years. Very little time to establish the short term kids name.

I look at it this way, does this guy add any wins if we get him or add an extra loss if we don’t get him? The answer to both questions for me is no. So I’m really not gonna be overly excited if we get him or devastated if we don’t.
If he was a top flight corner or OLB I’d feel different.
I think he absolutely could be the difference in beating a team like Florida. He had 1,000 yards in 10 games. If he had just done that last year no one would be saying this. He's an NFL receiver. All you gotta do is watch his film. He would eat for us.

I'm not gonna lose sleep if the kid doesn't come here.I will say having a veteran dude that knows this offense is invaluable.Lets not kid ourselves and act like if Tillman goes down or something we're not in a world of trouble.Do I think will be okay sure we got Bru,hyatt,Merrill,Keyton,Squirrel Webb nimrod holiday,Calloway I'm not sure but it's a bunch.Yea lol u get my drift having 2 top wrs with experience would be fantastic relying on rookies and 2nd yr dudes to perform scares me

Reactions: RiseToTheTop
Some think it’s Miami and Tennessee on top right now and I think that makes the most sense.

One source felt really good about Miami this morning but that tone changed tonight. I’m not sure Miami is expecting Robinson to choose them at the moment but, again, this morning they felt pretty confident so something changed over the last 10-12 hours or so. I don’t think that necessarily caught Miami off guard either.

I also dont believe a final decision has been made. I think this goes into tomorrow in terms of staffs getting the “thanks but no thanks” notices or everyone potentially learning at the same time.
Miami 247

So, his announcement is at 1:00 PM. Would like to add this kid to the wide receiver room. After Tillman, there’s not much proven production there, and he can help bridge the gap while the younger kids get up to speed.
We had zero proven production entering last season. I believe we have more potential in the room this year overall.

can’t read it bc I don’t have a subscription but this guy thinks he is coming here.

Last night I mentioned that former UCF wide receiver Jaylon Robinson may be trending away from Miami. I think the team to watch over the next few hours ahead of his commitment is Ole Miss. Lane Kiffin was the first to get Robinson on campus after going public with his decision to leave the Knights. The Rebels head coach has a reputation for being a strong offensive mind and that could be a good situation in Robinson's eyes. As of 11:30 a.m. ET Sunday, Miami has not heard word either way from Robinson regarding his decision. That's probably not the best sign. We'll continue to monitor the situation over the next hour and a half or so but right now my unofficial Crystal Ball prediction is on Ole Miss for the electric wideout.

Ole Miss losing MS 4-star RB Dowdell to Oregon might have changed the way they are pursuing this kid. He is a win they can still grab this transfer cycle that will solidify Ole Miss as the transfer champ (aside from Bama, sheesh), and they can do all sorts of campaigns about that. They'll push that "transfer to the sip" message going into next transfer year too. I think they see this as a long term investment for PR and future prospect purposes. Obviously adding a speedy WR is a plus as well but I don't think he's worth a large deal in a vacuum.

It's been kind of quiet on all fronts, but we do know enough to believe Ole Miss has a chance here. Probably the only school that can be ruled out right now between Tennessee, Ole Miss, Miami and TCU is TCU right now. At least that is what we're being told.

Ole Miss 247

Yeah bouncing around between Ole Miss and Tennessee boards, looks like Ole Miss.

I have been told Ole Miss has sent him a commitment graphic. In this day and age of the NIL, though, we're going to have to wait and see what happens. Right now, if pressed, I'd have to say Ole Miss looks good.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting

VN Store

Back