'18 WR Jaylon Robinson (Ole Miss Commit)

QBs shine, Jaylon Robinson returns: 5 takeaways from UCF spring football game (yahoo.com)

Absent for much of the second half of the 2021 season with a knee injury, Jaylon Robinson looked back to his best.

Robinson beat Francois deep for the aforementioned 38-yard touchdown pass from Plumlee. He showed off the catch-and-run skills on his second TD of the opening half, hauling in Keene's pass across the middle, slipping a tackle and racing past a second defender for a 70-yard score.

"He looked 100% to me," Malzahn said. "He took care of his body, and our medical team did a really good job. At first this spring, he was feeling himself through. All of the sudden, he got confidence."

A 2021 preseason All-AAC first-team selection who was named to the Biletnikoff Award watch list, Robinson suited up just twice after mid-September. He's averaged 17.8 yards per catch across his two seasons for the Knights.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
last yr our top 4 going in were tillman, velus, payton and hyatt.

this yr it could be tillman, bru, hyatt and jaylon.

Still just a top 4 both yrs. Would be fun watching that group.

All of that presumes that guys like Calloway, Holiday, Keyton, Merrill and the true freshman (all of whom were on campus for spring) can't win those top 4 spots, which would mean the above would REALLY have earned them.

Hey and if we get this guy one of our other guys are less likely to transfer, because he would only be here one year and the deadline has passed.

Well he’s at 50/50 so far with his colleges he’s attended. So not sure how it’s not realistic.

If he wants to play in the NFL he can't keep bouncing from school to school. But Texas and USC were 2 bad situations, so that's also some bad luck. Believe he will play here, early, often and do it well.

I mean....he knows the entire offensive staff basically. He knows the offense. He knows the culture. Why in the heck wouldnt he want to come play for the man who can get him to the league?

Tillman, McCoy, Hyatt, Robinson, Merrill, Squirrel, Kaleb Webb.....some seriously talented WRs there

I mean....he knows the entire offensive staff basically. He knows the offense. He knows the culture. Why in the heck wouldnt he want to come play for the man who can get him to the league?

Tillman, McCoy, Hyatt, Robinson, Merrill, Squirrel, Kaleb Webb.....some seriously talented WRs there
And Calloway, Holiday and Keyton

How many years of eligibility does he have?

I think the staff wasn't confident enough in Keyton and the Jimmys if we are pursuing this kid. Outside of them the rest of the group is really young. Could be wrong but I would have thought we would be done adding to the WR room. Would definitely welcome Robinson though.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
I trust the staff but I don’t love the move.

A lot of talk of how much better Jaylin and Calloway have looked this spring. And how Holiday is coming along.

I’d rather spend the portal spots on more pressing positions like maybe a pure corner still, an OT type, linebackers etc. But the portal cupboard seems pretty bare at those positions.

Nevertheless, I trust the staff, unequivocally.

If Coach Heupel wants him, I’m all in.

And he can get behind a defense.
He goes verticle on DBs regularly.

How many years of eligibility does he have?

I think the staff wasn't confident enough in Keyton and the Jimmys if we are pursuing this kid. Outside of them the rest of the group is really young. Could be wrong but I would have thought we would be done adding to the WR room. Would definitely welcome Robinson though.
Yeah a little surprising. I believe he would have two years left?

Played in four games at Oklahoma in 2018 (RS Freshman?)

Transferred and sat out 2019.

Played 2020 didn't count

Played 2021

Two or maybe three years eligible?

Reactions: JT3
I trust the staff but I don’t love the move.

A lot of talk of how much better Jaylin and Calloway have looked this spring. And how Holiday is coming along.

I’d rather spend the portal spots on more pressing positions like maybe a pure corner still, an OT type, linebackers etc. But the portal cupboard seems pretty bare at those positions.

Nevertheless, I trust the staff, unequivocally.

If Coach Heupel wants him, I’m all in.
I feel like this is a take the best player available move. Portal is pretty bare at this point

At first I only saw his stats from last year and thought ok he'd be solid but not needed.

Now I see he was a Oklahoma recruit and saw the field some.

In 10 games in 2020 he had 955 yards and 10 touchdowns

Wow

Hes an NFL talent.

MORE WEAPONS PLEASE

VN Store

Back