'18 WR Jaylon Robinson (Ole Miss Commit)

but do we really need him though?
Hard to tell. Looks like he's only had one strong season, granted it was the one under Heupel. Dealt with some injuries.

It would be telling if Hype really wants him, otherwise...not going to care too much.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
already kind of deep in the slot tho
michael-scott.gif

already kind of deep in the slot tho

I guess so, but not any proven depth. I don't remember how many portal spots we have, but I could think of much worse players to fill it. Especially as a 1 year guy. Gives us some nice cushion for the freshman and next class.

Saw a 247 (national so...grade of slaw) tweet earlier saying our biggest portal needs were WR/RB/OL.

Maybe just me, but I feel like DB and LB are much more imminent needs. Pieces of the offense feel pretty replaceable due to the scheme. Not saying to pass up on a BIG time WR/RB/OL.

Bru would be a nice add. But 2 WRs seems excessive in this offense that creates WRs out of thin air. Jmo

I guess so, but not any proven depth. I don't remember how many portal spots we have, but I could think of much worse players to fill it. Especially as a 1 year guy. Gives us some nice cushion for the freshman and next class.
We have 23 committed rn.

Iirc at some point VQ started throwing around the idea of 28-30 total commitments. So 5-7? And if more guys enter the portal, maybe that changes. Seems to only be an 85 issue at this point, otherwise we could've taken the whole 32 afaik.

Reactions: Ttucke11
We have 23 committed rn.

Iirc at some point VQ started throwing around the idea of 28-30 total commitments. So 5-7? And if more guys enter the portal, maybe that changes. Seems to only be an 85 issue at this point, otherwise we could've taken the whole 32 afaik.
I mean...I think WR is an unknown until someone else steps up. Yes, Tillman is solid. Hyatt has been inconsistent. Theres not really anyone else proven. I think you have to give yourself some solid options, and preferably not while forcing your freshmen to grow up too quickly. Squirrel, Merrill, Webb, Cameron Miller, Nimrod may be great. But they're still super young and need time and leadership. I'm okay with transfers to provide time for development and growth from the younger guys.

VN Store

Back