Would you take back a ex head coach?

Here’s my answer; Big Ed O. He’ll be available at the end of the year.

I don't think Ed O would ever come back. And after years of thinking back on their exit? Perhaps they were here just long enough to realize the dysfunction within our administration.

It's a little too late to wish for General Neyland to return as Defensive Coordinator, but even his ghost could probably do a decent job.
I don't know of any other head coach who took his team through an entire season without being scored on.

Reactions: House of Neyland
I’m convinced that you are a troll. To answer your question none of them because two of them are inept and the other will never settle for an assistant role again

Yep, he just enough opening to know he's a troll, trying to act the Vol part w/Neyland in his name. He always seems to come in with a post trying to stir a negative pot, If you feel something's not quite right with a poster go with your instinct.

Reactions: lukeneyland
I have never known a cancer patient to be asked if they want to bring back the cancer they once had ....

Would you guys be willing to bring a ex head coach back as an assistant coach? Butch ,or Kiffin or Pruitt how bout Dooley, which one would you be more willing to bring back? but just as a assistant coach only. Personally I would def take Kiffin back as the OC , Dooley as WR running back coach, Butch over special teams and Pruitt as the DC

we were investigated by the ncaa after both kiffin and pruitt left. why would anyone bring them back to the program? :rolleyes:

Just no, if you can’t figure out why I can’t help you. Just a dumb topic given the fallout some of these former coaches left when they departed.

Some of y'all don't understand the difference between the role of a head coach and defensive coordinator. Pruitt's defenses won multiple national championships at multiple schools. And they went from ranked 30-something in the nation to 4th at Georgia.

Yeah, I'd take Kiffin as OC and Pruitt as DC. But maybe the greatest Head Coach of All-Time was stupid for hiring them to those roles, in spite of the National Championships they won.

If I'm not mistaken didn't kiffin leave before the title game and then bama lost?

Would you guys be willing to bring a ex head coach back as an assistant coach? Butch ,or Kiffin or Pruitt how bout Dooley, which one would you be more willing to bring back? but just as a assistant coach only. Personally I would def take Kiffin back as the OC , Dooley as WR running back coach, Butch over special teams and Pruitt as the DC

Ummm, I will take back an ex UT headcoach as soon as I take back one of my ex wives.

Sam Pittman - OL coach
Willie Martinez - DB coach (he's here now, but you did say former coaches, and he fits that category)
David Cutcliffe - QB coach
Mike Bebord - OC
John Janeck - DC
Rodney Garner - DL coach
Lane Kiffin (gagging noise, puking, much as dislike saying this, he'd be ideal with a full roster) - HC
Mark Elder - ST coach

BTW, the person who suggested Butch Jones for his special teams, it wasn't Lyle Allen that made ST special, it was Mark Elder.

Pruitt would have the Vols in recruiting trouble again.

Jones is an incompetent used car salesman.

Dooley won't ever succeed beyond a position coach. His offense at Missouri fell off a cliff once he didn't have Lock and Roundtree.

Kiffin has never found a situation he can't screw up. He did effectively get fired from Alabama just prior to their national title game.

Whatever you’re drinking or ingesting…. Put that **** down. Drugs are bad for you guy.

Dooley as a media relations consultant. His press conferences were gold. The rest can git.

If someone told me today that Butch was being hired back in some BS capacity (assistant special teams coach, offensive analyst, etc.), I'd be thrilled to have him back to recruit. If all he did was gladhand and pump guys up on the recruiting trail, I'm all aboard. I know we all are supposed to hate Butch, and his shtick definitely wore thin with me, but he was the only coach of your bunch that embraced the university, and it showed.

If someone told me today that Butch was being hired back in some BS capacity (assistant special teams coach, offensive analyst, etc.), I'd be thrilled to have him back to recruit. If all he did was gladhand and pump guys up on the recruiting trail, I'm all aboard. I know we all are supposed to hate Butch, and his shtick definitely wore thin with me, but he was the only coach of your bunch that embraced the university, and it showed.
Butch was the best recruiter we had post Fulmer he reeled in two top 5 classes. Let’s see if Heupel can ever do that

VN Store

Back