Would you take a win over Bama

We must return to our foundations to regain stability and reputation we must beat, every year, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Missouri. The rest will come with time and consistency.

Absolutely not. A loss to South Alabama would be catastrophic. Like worse than Georgia State bad.

I wouldn’t take it if it meant we wouldn’t win another game. But I would take it in exchange for that South Alabama game. Saban’s first season at Bama, he beat Tennessee and lost to Louisiana Monroe. The win over Tennessee was bigger than the loss to Monroe. And it started a streak that we haven’t broken yet.

Heck no. Any team can get lucky and win a big game. Kansas came close to beating OU today
We need to win the games we're supposed to, keep making bowl games and bringing in bigger and better players

Reactions: peerless98
I would absolutely make that deal! A victory over Alabama would carry more weight with recruits and fans than some pointless bowl even if it meant having to deal with the bad losses the rest of the year.

Last edited:
If we could make S. Alabama an exception I think I would. I would “forfeit” the remainder of the SEC schedule for a win tonight.

Reactions: peerless98
I had to think about it for a bit, but finally figured out why this question was rubbing me the wrong way.

It presumes this squad could ever finish the year with losses to South Alabama and Vandy.

That's the kind of thing you see when the players give up on their coaching staff and each other. You know, we saw it with Dooley. And we saw it with Butch. And we saw it with Pruitt.

But I don't think we're ever gonna see anything like that out of these lads, with this coaching staff. They're in for the team. All of them.

So let's beat Bama, THEN go win at least two or three more games!

Go Vols!

Last edited:
tonight if you knew it would be the last win of the season? With losses in the rest of the games and no bowl game, would you make that deal with the devil?
To quote the star of screen and stage Marissa Tomei from the award winning My Cousin Vinnie, "It's a bu!!$hit question!"

VN Store

Back