Would you people relax??

Pruitt took over a horrific program. One that will see Charlotte with as many or more draft picks. One that was in the dumpster since Lane ran off 45 kids. One that was 0-8 last year. He should finish 6-6 and 3-5 with this horrific talent. This Defensive line plays about every snap because there is no one else. The great Tennessee dlines rotated about 8 guys. He didn't break this thing but he will fix it. It will not be fixed in one or two years by anyone. It takes time to get the right kids in here and develop them. Saban inherited a better deal and was 6-6 his first year. Smart inherited a better deal then both of them and was 7-5. And neither played a top ten out of conference opponent. Things are seriously looking up but it takes time. Show some patience and less ignorance.
People are not showing ignorance, my friend. Your declaration that they are is a reflection on you, not on them. People are showing skepticism after having their hearts brok en during a tough decade of UT football. You see, we become emotionally invested in our team and disappointment after disappointment becomes hard to handle. Be a little easier on people and start backing off calling others ignorant. Reflect inwardly with yourself, and see if you can have something positive to say about others. Do good and help others!

Reactions: MoodyVol
People are not showing ignorance, my friend. Your declaration that they are is a reflection on you, not on them. People are showing skepticism after having their hearts brok en during a tough decade of UT football. You see, we become emotionally invested in our team and disappointment after disappointment becomes hard to handle. Be a little easier on people and start backing off calling others ignorant. Reflect inwardly with yourself, and see if you can have something positive to say about others. Do good and help others!

Good and bad in this post. The only statement I really have an issue with is the disappointment being hard to handle. If watching something that one is not involved in causes that much emotional distress, don’t watch it.

Volfan...but, is putting hers/his perspective in this post. Is he/she not allowed their opinion as well? Is it not correct that some posters on VN are ignorant of the X’s and O’s of college football or the tedious nature of building or rebuilding a team?
As much as I’d like to think I am pretty football savvy, I am certainly willing to admit that I could not step into any coaching position and have immediate success due to my ignorance of the position. I have no idea what the OP knows so again I am ignorant on the matter.

Calling someone ignorant of a situation is not inherently wrong or a reflection on them. Sometimes it’s just the truth. I’ll not comment further because I don’t really know the level of understanding of everyone involved.

Edit: as a side note, I was gifted a lovely bottle of rum by my cousin. I am currently enjoying said bottle of rum and reserve the right to delete this post in the morning.

Last edited:
I've not been accused of being a sunshine pumper, but can we please STOP pretending Pruitt took over a program even remotely in the same shape as Smart or even Saban in terms of winning and recent relevance? Here's the math:

VOLS- 10 SEASONS BEFORE PRUITT/FINAL AP RANK

2017- 4-8 (UR)
2016- 9-4 (No. 22)
2015- 9-4 (No. 22)
2014- 7-6 (UR)
2013- 5-7 (UR)
2012- 5-7 (UR)
2011- 5-7 (UR)
2010- 6-7 (UR)
2009- 7-6 (UR)
2008- 5-7 (UR)
62-63, 0 SEC Championships, 0 Division Titles, 6 losing seasons and 2 Top 25 finishes in 10 years.

UGA- 10 SEASONS BEFORE SMART- RECORD/FINAL AP RANK

2015- 10-3 (UR)
2014- 10-3 (No. 9)
2013- 8-5 (UR)
2012- 12-2 (No. 5) WON EAST
2011- 10-4 (No. 18) WON EAST
2010- 6-7 (UR)
2009- 8-5 (UR)
2008- 10-3 (No. 13)
2007- 11-2 (No. 2)
2006- 9-4 (No. 23)
94-38, 0 SEC Championships, 2 Division Titles, 1 losing season, 2 Top 5 finishes, 1 additional top 10 finish, and 3 additional Top 25 finishes.

BAMA- 10 SEASONS BEFORE SABAN- RECORD/FINAL AP RANK

2006- 6-6 (UR)
2005- 10-2 (No. 8)
2004- 6-6 (UR)
2003- 4-9 (UR)
2002- 10-3 (WON WEST/INELIGIBLE) (No. 11)
2001- 7-5 (UR)
2000- 3-8 (UR)
1999- 10-3 (WON SEC) (No. 8)
1998- 7-5 (UR)
1997- 4-7 (UR)
69-51, 1 SEC Championship, 2 Division Titles (1 ineligible b/c of probation), 3 losing seasons, 3 Top 11 finishes.

Last edited:
No I agree with the guy. Some people on here just don’t know crap and speak out of there a**

Don't know crap according to who? Everything is subjective in today's world. Humility can be a good thing!

This.

No offense to Pruitt but along with inheriting a bad situation, he inherited a fanbase that's been burned 3 times in the past decade. The last 3 got most of the fans to buy in Day 1 that they "were THE guy", and this time I believe most of the fanbase isn't going to make that declaration until we see some solid proof. That said proof is a bit subjective but the last guy had us at 9-4 after Year 3, so it probably will be tougher for him to win over the fanbase fully.

I fully believed in Kiffin, but flat out didn't in Dooley, who seemed to me at the time like an ultra-safe "just stay out of trouble" choice rather than the kind of coach you believe will win championships. Jones was so fired up to be here and had actually won conference titles, so I more hoped than believed he was the real deal.

I truly believe Pruitt will be the guy that brings us back to where we belong, competing for championships. My greatest fear is that he will have success and be poached by Alabama when Saban retires, but that will actually be a nice problem to have,

Trust me, it was the first one.

Thanks I'll work on that.

However I'm wondering which post made you think I was Fulmer fan.

Was it when I questionednif he was meddling too much in the offense?

Maybe when I said he wouldnt hire Leach because Leach wouldnt kowtow to him like the guy he hired.

Maybe it was when I suggested he got fired for a reason.

Regardless, it takes some kind of dumb to confuse me with a Fulmer "hugger". And you do wear it well..

Thanks I'll work on that.

However I'm wondering which post made you think I was Fulmer fan.

Was it when I questionednif he was meddling too much in the offense?

Maybe when I said he wouldnt hire Leach because Leach wouldnt kowtow to him like the guy he hired.

Maybe it was when I suggested he got fired for a reason.

Regardless, it takes some kind of dumb to confuse me with a Fulmer "hugger". And you do wear it well..

Well, life gets confusing sometimes. And since I am not a Fulmer hugger like so many here, it's hard to keep it sorted out. My bad, carry on.

VN Store

Back